We welcome editing of this page, it would work best for us if you login before editing so we will know whom to approach if we have questions regarding the changes you submitted.
- 1 NVCtalk - Instant Messaging and Voice Network
- 2 Current status & issues
- 3 Future plans
- 4 Miscellanies links
- 5 NVCtalk facilitators
NVCtalk - Instant Messaging and Voice Network
What it is
Current technology offers ways to create text and voice group discussion for every kind of subject.
People can now join a certain topic discussion and every message that they send to the network, via their messenger or web interface ,will be instantly transfered to every network member.
NVCtalk - a new system which allows participants to use either text or voice to communicate using the instant messenger service they may already use (aim,msn,yahoo,skype...) , OR using the web.
We are forming this after finding value in participating in email NVC support groups and finding them valuable and enabling connections between persons, but frustrated by the lack of speed and nuance that would be available in face-to-face encounters. What we're setting up here is a supplement to both email NVC support groups and face-to-face encounters, that in some ways is closer to a face-to-face encounter without actually meeting.
This can be done at any time or at a prearranged time for that topic.
Joining - Now open
Using a messenger or web Instant Messaging Network/Email invitation
To join with your messenger:
1. Add a user to the contact list in your preferred messenger:
For AIM/Yahoo add "NVCtalk" For MSN/Live add "NVCtalk at hotmail.com" (replace "at" with @) Other messengers are available just ask.
Do the same for every topic you would like to join:
- NVCww - NVC World Wide general nvc talk.
- NVCpracticing - Practice NVC
- NVCsmart - Ask and answer NVC questions.
- NVCexchange - NVC support eachother.
- NVCparenting - NVC Parenting.
- NVCinbusiness - NVC in business.
- NVCeducation - NVC education.
We are happy to support anyone who would like to start an additional group.
2. Send a message "add me" to the new users, if you don't get a response within 24 hours, send us email.
How does it work?
NVCtalk will create a text chat room for each topic. an IM bridge is created so everyone can be in the same chat room even if they are using different messaging systems.
Current status & issues
- Network is up and running.
Communicating with Compassion 5 April 2007 Jerry Koch-Gonzalez
Ways to distribute the message
- Growing Compassion users - 
- through online NVC groups:
- Local groups and websites supporting nvc
How to realize this (the mechanics of it)
- IM market AIM 51% - MSN 27%- Yahoo 21%
- This is a year-and-a-half old; Skype and Goggle are probably higher now
- From the right column there: "For instance, if you want to hold a group IM session that includes your sister (a staunch user of MSN Messenger), your Dad (a Yahoo! Messenger devotÃ©e), and your Grandma (AOL-all-the-way for Grandma), you can now do using FWD.Communicator!"
- It does handle Skype (if it is installed on the computer)but it seems that group chat is not avilable for skype.
- IRC might be handled via Jabber interface.
There two kinds of multi user chats in skype
1. Public chat (which I used to create the chat)
- Requires skype ver. 3+
- Can be published as a link
- You can leave and then rejoin at any time by using the link or a menu in skype.
2. group chats
- Works with any skype version
- Cannot be published as a link (i.e. a user needs to be added to the chat by a particpator)
- Once you leave the chat you need to be re added by a participator in order to rejoin.
If there is an an updated version for the user OS he is prompted to update when skype is lunched.
For unix,mac updated skype ver <3
- (This one doesn't do it:) "some companies are producing IM clients that act as a front end to the different networks. One such product is Trillian Pro, from Cerulean Studios, which allows you to connect to ICQ, AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and IRC networks through a single interface. It should be noted that these clients do not offer interoperability between the various IM networks â€” just a unified interface through which to access them. If you are looking for true interoperability then hub software, which can actually route messages between networks, is required. We will discuss hub software in a future article." Drew Bird 5/1/2003 http://www.intranetjournal.com/articles/200305/ij_05_01_03a.html
- Trillian features http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/compare/
Resources and groups to cooperate with
Ideas on how to attract people
Ideas on content for the network
- World wide nvc happy hour. All people on all messengers have an online gathering.
- Chat rooms by subject.
- Chat rooms by language.
- Ask people for their details and put it in a searchable database which will include their online status.
- Instant Messaging Network/Web for answering invention
- Could be integrated with CNVC IT project, maybe Drupal.
- Creating a website for this.
cnvc IT synergy
Via NVC IT Status
- 8 Requirements we'd like to meet
- YackPack is simple voice communication for groups.YackPack is web-based â€“ no software to download. YackPack lets you talk live or record & send messages.
- Broadcast a live event or interview. With a single phone call, listeners worldwide can tune in to your broadcast with any MP3 player.
- Create an online chat group. Your friends, club or business associates can talk to each other via conference calls, email lists or text chats.
- Online group chat made easy http://chat.zoho.com/
- Chat Services (23 sites) http://www.econsultant.com/web2/chat-services.html
- Click this: Internet Relay Chat for info on (IRC), the original I.M.