Page numbers for Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life quotes
This seemed the best place to ask about help in finding page numbers for quotes from Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life. I have two quotes that I can't find in the book. Can anyone tell me what page they are on?
“Because we are called to reveal our deepest feelings and needs, we may sometimes find it challenging to express ourselves in NVC. Self-expression becomes easier, however, after we empathize with others because we will have touched their humanness and realized the common qualities we share.”
“The objective of nonviolent communication is not to change people and their behavior in order to get our way; it is to establish relationships based on honesty and empathy that will eventually fulfill everyone’s needs.”
Idea: How about creating a page for quotes from the book with references to the page numbers? (The reason I need the page numbers is because I would like to find the corresponding translation in the Spanish version of the book. Thanks.) DBlomgren 20:07, 19 July 2007 (CEST)
- Hello DBlomgren! Addressing your concerns:
- 1) I hear your need for proper source attribution. I think all quotes should have as detailed source attribution as possible, to lend credibility.
- 2) Why not put all quotes on this page? I can't see a general need to have a special page just for quotes from the book. What do others think?
- 3) Also, I wanted to say I'm doing some cleanup:
- I'm removing strange character encodings, looks like WIN-1252
- I'm removing any special highlighting, such as bold (unless it's in the source that way)
- I'm making each quote be consistent, no enclosing quote marks, attribution introduced by a double dash
- 4) I'm also going to add several quotes, and alphabetize by author's name (I have a script which helps with this!)
- 5) I've also added the two quotes above
- I hope everyone finds benefit to these changes, and I'm open to suggestions for improvement --Bhuston 01:26, 26 August 2007 (CEST)