NVC Research November Meeting
November Meeting Friday, November 3, 2006 at 3 PM EST (12 Noon PST)
- Susanne Jones - Working on degree in communication to help her credibility
- Alexis Girnaut-Miller - Australian going between Australia and England.
- Tom Caruso - Who everyone seems to know.
- Marion Little - Masters in Dispute Resolution. Assessing NVC to teenage mothers for her thesis.
What research has been done.
No research except one article and several theses. Simon Beck - NVC and Integral Theory. Efforts of Frances Delahanty. Theoretical basis that Marion is working on. She talked to Marshall to find out his early influences. Quite a few inaccuracies to what Marshall said and what actually happenned. He remembers author but not book title for instance. So she's trying to put together accurate facts and then get them approved by Marshall. She is also working on getting anything that Marshall has written so she can piece it all together. Needs were only introduced in 90's and only wants were in model in 80's.
Alexis is interested in case studies in use of NVC in organizations...Charles Jones.
List of NVC Assumptions -> Hypotheses (Propositions).
- Our basic nature is cooperative and compassionate.
- Mary Clark, In Search of Human Nature
- J. Heath [from Marionâ€™s lecture on 11/3]
- Field of Primatology - Barbara J. King, The College of William and Mary has done related work on bonabo chimps
- Frances Collins, National Human Genome Research Institute - Language of God, 2006
- Key Differentiations â€“ NVC Trainer Certification Package
- Burton - Needs theory
- Abraham Maslow, Toward a Psychology of Being, 3rd Edition, 1998
- Manfred Neef â€“ needs-based economy
- Field of Nueroscience - Candace Pert - The Molecules of Emotion, 1999
- The Budhha
- Thich Naht Hahn - Active Buddhism â€“ Creating True Peace
- Field of Cognitive Neuroscience Emotion and Consciousness by Lisa Feldman Barrett, Paula M. Niedenthal, and Piotr Winkielman
- Anthony Hatzimoysis Philosophy and the Emotions, 2003
- Coate & Roseti - The Power of Human Needs in World Society
- Eisler, Raine, Tomorrows Children: A Blueprint for Education in the 21st Century, The Chalice in the Blade: A Partnership Education.
- Bernard Weiner, An Attributional Theory of Motivation and Emotion.
- Daniel Goldman â€“ emotional flooding & physiological testing which might show that, + as we engage our neocortex, the physiology begins to change?
- Suzanne will send the list out to those who were on this call. Sending out tonight or Sunday.
Agenda Items For Future Meeting
- More discussion of Core NVC Assumptions
- What can we do about trainer-initiated anecdotal research.
- Talk about retention research.
NVC Research December Meeting Friday, December 8, 2006, 3 PM EST (12 PM PST)
Get detailed information for calling from NVCResearchWorkgroup Listserv