Board Agenda & Minutes 01/15/08

From NVCWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Board Agenda & Minutes 01/15/08

Tuesday, January 15, starting at 21:00 GMT (2:00pm Albuquerque), teleconference
1.605.772-3100; code 825078#
Proposed agenda - please add any additional items:

(21:00) Check in

(21:10) Administrative matters

  • Announcements (All)
  • Next meeting: February 22-24, 2008, in-person in Albuquerque
  • Documents for meeting: Financial report (Margo), proposed changes to Board Duties and Decision Table
  • Acceptance of minutes of November 1-4 and December 12 meetings
  • Acceptance of today's agenda (should any other action items be added or order of items on agenda changed?)


  • (21:20) Financial report (Margo)
  • (21:27 Update on Pierre issues (Valentina)
  • (21:35:15) Request to review and comment/consent to proposed changes in Decision Table and Board Duties documents by January 18 - per comments on draft letter to NVC Community (Robert)
  • Review status of priority action items from Nov 1-4 meeting
    1. (21:40) Action Item: Translation policy and GCC is a priority. Margo to schedule meeting regarding these two items.
    2. (21:48) Action Item: Admin Team is happy to assure an announcement is made to the network ASAP concerning the certification process re-opening soon; and Action Item: Robert - to be involved in development for assessors training and ongoing training for certified trainers. (Note: date of certification reopening needed for Robert's letter)
    3. (22:00) Action Item: Admin Team to establish hiring committee to hire a grant writer paid on percentage of award basis. Review decision in one year.
    4. (22:06) Action Item: Admin Team to hire Administrative Coordinator for support of grassroots fundraising and other administrative tasks in 2008. Review decision in one year.
  • Quick update on other priority items
    1. (22:11) Action Item: Admin Team to hire up to two in-house trainers on the education services team. Decision to be reviewed in one year.
    2. (22:15) Action Item: Admin Team to establish hiring committee to hire a Media Coordinator.
    3. (22:19) Action Item: Ann Wiley will consider taking on recruiting new Board Members; related Action Item: Valentina - to send list of possible board members to Margo.
    4. (22:23)Action Item: Have Expanded forum every 3 months attended by AT, LT coordinators, and a 2nd person nominated from each LT team (observers invited)(Admin Team)
  • (22:27) If time, comments on other action items:
    1. Action Item: Board establishes an Evolution Committee, Review decision in one year.
    2. Action Item: Admin Team (AT) to communicate the communication committee’s guidelines. What do we communicate – information (ask and/or tell), decisions (observations & needs met?), feedback requests How do we communicate it? Who do I communicate it to?
  • (22:30) Ideas for objectives and agenda items of February in-person meeting - heartstorm

(22:45)Check Out

(23:00)End Meeting