S&EA/O Sociocratic Circle
Visitors to these pages are invited to contribute questions/opinions regarding efforts to share ideas and resources across the many national and cultural boarders that presently exist in a part of the world we have chosen to refer to as S&E Asia/Oceania.
If you are living and working with NVC in any country in our region, do please check back regularly against these pages in order to notice any new strategies we are able to develop that might help support a broader sense of inclusion in our network.
To coordinate publicity, fund-raising and training activities in South and East Asia and Oceania, supporting NVC teachers and trainers in reaching those living in under-resourced areas, particularly those at war and/or living in poverty.
A group of 5 CNVC trainers who are also friends began teleconferencing together in 2005, formulating strategies for collaboration across international boarders. In March 2006, these individuals extended an invitation to NVC leaders living in other countries to contribute an elected representative to CNVCâ€™s Global Coordinating Circle. As of May 2006, the South & East Asia/Oceania Sociocratic Circle draws delegates from 6 countries (Australia, India, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and Sri Lanka) who participate in monthly teleconference sessions.
Teleconference â€˜meetingsâ€™ are facilitated using Sociocratic principles and provide an open forum for discussion, allowing members to share what is important to them and request support from others towards collaborative projects.
Members in the South & East Asia/Oceania Circle also intend to facilitate a face-to-face meeting of NVC leaders working in our geographical area on an annual basis. The first of these took place in Queensland, Australia during September 2006 and attracted 36 'NVC leaders' from 4 countries. Please visit www.nvcinbusiness.com/Regional.htm if you would like to know more about this.
Breakthroughs during 2006 include:
- March 2006: Representatives from India, South Korea and Sri Lanka join our Circle meetings. The election of the first Regional Representative to join CNVCâ€™s Global Coordinating Committee.
- April 2006: Applications from advocates in India, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Uganda to join a gathering of NVC leaders scheduled to take place in Queensland, Australia.
- May 2006: First representative from New Zealand joins our Circle
- July 2006: Agreement with CNVC that it will act as a â€˜funding agentâ€™, allowing S&EA/O to collect and manage financial contributions offered to it.
- August 2006: CNVC agrees to cover S&EA/Oâ€™s cost of participation at a face-to-face meeting of GCC members to held in Atlanta, USA during October 2006.
- September 2006: S&EA/Oâ€™s second â€˜Leader-Full Gatheringâ€™ attracts 36 NVC leaders from 4 different countries. â€˜Profitâ€™ from the gathering is contributed towards supporting S&EA/Oâ€™s on-going development costs.
- To contribute a representative voice to a face-to-face meeting of GCC members in Atlanta, US, which will take place in October 2006
- To establish a regional identity at the CNVC website
- To create a fund raising strategy that can support NVC-related projects
- To obtain training in Sociocracy and to share this with others
- To expand our capacity to deliver training across our region
- Intensive training for future trainers to take place in India during 2006
- To maximise the impact of the IIT in Pune, India 2006
- To host one or more gatherings of NVC Leaders in future years
- Intensive training for future trainers to take place in Sri Lanka during 2007
- To host â€˜the best everâ€™ IIT in Bali, Indonesia in October 2007
- To create connections with other organisations whose work supports ours and whose work we can support
To understand our process around recording our history and sharing any collaborative strategies we might settle upon, please download our document, CREATING AN HISTORICAL RECORD.
Out of valuing the integrity of our records, minutes from our teleconferences will be posted to this site in .pdf format after voting members have approved them. The following documents have been accepted by members prior to their appearance here.
- 26th September 2006
- 22nd August 2006
- 25th July 2006
- 20th June 2006
- 30th May 2006
- 24th April 2006
- 7th April 2006
Face-to-Face Gatherings in S&E Asia/Oceania
S&EA/O is proud to have hosted A Gathering of Leaders in NVC in Queensland, Australia during October 2006 that attracted 34 advocates for NVC from 4 countries.
We aim to remain in contact with participants from that Gathering and support the creation of further gatherings during 2007 and beyond.
Web Presence/Financial Contributions
As of August 2006, CNVC has agreed to act as a funding agent on our behalf, and members in the global network wishing to contribute gifts of money towards 'Governance in S&E Asia/Oceania' are more than welcome to do so either off-line or on-line.
Until further notice, funding will be used to cover travel costs and training for advocates for NVC wishing to develop skills that allow them to participate in their own governance and/or negotiate with both Government and Non-Government funding entities in our area.
Where it appears likely that doing so might serve to support our needs, funds may also be used to â€˜purchaseâ€™ services from CNVC â€“ e.g. training by Marshall and/or promotional materials.
Please also be aware of S&EA/O's reluctance to invest limited resources in developing any more elaborate web presence at this point in time. We plan to make use of whatever new technology CNVC's IT Committee is able to make available as and when this comes on line.