Notes from Spreading NVC meeting April 27, 2006
SPREADING NVC IN EUGENE- NOTES FROM APRIL 27, 2006
Present: Meta, Sharon and Sparrow
1. Report on status of Alan Seid workshop - cancelled due to low enrollment There were approximately 12 folks signed up and the minimum was 30.
2. Report on status of Empathy Call-in Radio Show- Mark has been â€œputting out feelersâ€ and Michael may be interested in the project, as well.
3. Planning an NVC Workshop/Training in Eugene- Sharon proposed having Fall 2006 as a goal. Meta and Sparrow also interested in supporting the project. Some needs we imagine might be met: community building, ease (having a local event), modeling and inspiration. Folks gave Sharon feedback about needs met by having separate beginner and intermediate workshops.
4. Eugene Hotel (Retirement home) is interested in a training for their staff and residents. Sharon is working with them.
5.Meta had 5 announcements: Sociocracy workshop in Seattle May 5-6; and 4 other announcements that are in our newsletter.
6. Eugene NVC Brochure- Sparrow is still very interested in facilitating putting one together. No one else has shown interest yet. It would be something to hand out at â€œget-togethersâ€œsuch as Peace Rallies, Country Fair, Eugene Celebration etc.
7. Sociocracy Visioning Exercise- Meta gave a short intro. We scheduled this for part of our next meeting, if it fits in with workshop planning.
NEXT MEETING WILL BE WED, MAY 17 AT 6:30 PM AT SPARROWâ€™S , and focus on fall workshop planning.