- 1 The Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC)
- 1.1 Applications due by May 18.
- 1.2 Position Description
- 1.3 More Information:
The Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC)
For more information on The Center for Nonviolent Communication please visit us at cnvc.org
Applications due by May 18.
|Reports to:||Office Manager|
|Hours:||Generally Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Salary:||Based on needs|
Immediate opening in an established (25 years) international non-profit organization for an experienced Accountant/Bookeeper who is highly skilled in the accounting process with experience in financial operations, month-end closing procedures, journal Entry payroll, AP/AR, budgeting/forecasting, bank accounts reconciliations, wire transfers, international currency banking, and desiring to work with a staff community dedicated to the values of compassion, service, and interdependence. Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting plus four years experience in non-profit environment preferred. Candidates must also be proficiency in QuickBooks, word, excel, 10 key punch.
Exciting opportunity for proactive Accountant/Bookeeper with nonprofit experience.
Applications due by May 18.
Send resume and letter of interest to:
THIS POSTION IS CURRENTLY FILLED.
Download Ad Here:
I. General Statement of Duties:
Works under the direction of the Office Manager to perform a variety of accounting functions including month-end balancing, journal entries, and general ledger & account analysis, prepare monthly reporting packages, process payroll & complete special projects as assigned. Responsibilities may include establish, implement daily financial operation procedures supporting professional staff which service an international market.
II. Typical Physical and Mental Proficiencies:
Must be able to proficiently operate computer software, telephones, or other necessary equipment. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with customers, team members, vendors, auditors, leadership team and others as necessary. Will travel within the Metro area to run errands as needed. Must be able to perform tasks requiring stooping, bending, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
III. Typical Working Conditions:
Reports to the Office Manager. Must be service-oriented, a team player, flexible, able to handle multiple priorities, and able to work in a fast paced environment. Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines. Must be able to respond to frequent interruptions and work with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner.
IV. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Financial Responsibilities:
1. Operates and manages responsibilities by means of General Acceptable Accounting Procedure guidelines (GAAP for Nonprofits).
2. Generates Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Floor reports for Office Manager.
3. Processes bookkeeping tasks such as reconciles various accounts, royalties’ payments, accounts payable, bank accounts, posts and reconciles wire transfers.
4. Receives and logs receipts checks, money orders and cash payments daily. Makes bank deposits.
5. Coordinates with Bookstore Manager and Accounts Receivable Clerk, payments received, open invoices and or credit balances.
6. Processes all aspects of payroll, payroll taxes, tracks staff’s vacation, sick hours, personal days and employee benefit package.
7. Maintains financial, employee and independent contractor files.
8. Works with wire transfer client request.
9. Handles Petty Cash fund, reconciles, tracks and enters expenses, replenishes as needed.
10. Monitors and maintains adequate levels finance department supplies and equipment needs.
V. Qualifications/Performance Requirements:
A. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Computer skills: must have strong software computer skills using QuickBooks, word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications as well as email and the Internet.
2. Interpersonal skills: must be able to respond to frequent walk-in and telephone contacts and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to respond to a wide variety of people in a friendly, professional, and confidential manner.
3. Organization: must have the ability to organize work, problems solve, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
4. Attention to detail: must be able to attend to detail and complete work assignments in an accurate manner.
5. Productivity: Must be able to work at a high rate of productivity and complete work in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Office equipment: Skill in use of general office equipment such as computers, facsimile, telephone, copier, etc. is required.
B. Education, Experience and Credentials:
1. This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with four years experience in a nonprofit related accounting position. Bachelor’s Degree in finance/accounting preferred.
2. Must have experience in working with foreign currency.
3. Multi-lingual a plus.
C. Performance Criteria:
- Demonstrates commitment to CNVC Values:
1. Communication: Actively contributes to the general well being of CNVC working environment with a positive and constructive approach to customers, employees and job responsibilities.
2. Professionalism: Completes job responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner. Complies with federal and state laws and regulations and CNVC policies.
3. Composure: Avoids defensive reactions, hurt feelings and adapts quickly to new or changing demands and challenges.
4. Resilient optimist: Recovers quickly; demonstrating calm approach to stressful situations and is enthusiastic in both challenging and routine situations.
5. Quality of work: Able to work independently with minimal supervision to perform job responsibilities and complete work assignments in a thorough, accurate, effective and organized manner. Handles multiple priorities, solves problems, and complete work in a timely manner to meet necessary deadlines
6. Attendance: Adheres to CNVC Attendance policy.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work this position will perform and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position. The Office Manager may assign additional duties.