Agenda - February Board/LT Conference
Day 1 - Board Meeting (open to public)
- 9:00am - Check-in (Observer Request):
- 9:15am - Agenda additions/changes, announcements.
- 9:20am - Financial Report (Jori 10 min.).
- 9:30am - Report on Office (Jori 20 min.).
- 9:50am - Report on GCC (Jim 15 min.).
- 10:05am - Report on IT infrastructure improvements (William 15 min.).
- 10:20am - BREAK 20 minutes.
- 10:40am - Update on organization restructuring review (Marshall & Valentina 1hr.50min.).
- 12:30pm - LUNCH 1.5 hours.
- 2:00pm - Marshall's Needs (Katherine 1:20hrs.).
- 3:20pm - Empathy groups of 3 (Jori 20 min.).
- 3:40pm - BREAK 20 minutes.
- 4:00pm - Agenda for coming day(s), number of days, divide Board/LT days & agendas (John 60 min.).
- 5:00pm - Check-out
- 5:30pm - Adjourn for 6pm dinner (2 hours).
- 7:30pm - SEP-IRA Proposal (Valentina 15 min.).
- 7:45pm - Heartstorming Round on Organizational Review (John Buck 45 min.).
- 8:00pm - Adjourn.
Subsequent Days (possibly open to public)
- Organizational Review - Decisions/Actions?
- Visioning as framework for structural decisions - picturemaking (Jori)
- Role definitions and recruitment options for LT Positions (Jori).
- Office Administrator? ED? Review job description and hiring procedure
- What kind of special consulting we need and how to fund it (Marshall 30 min.).
- Valentina's Needs (Jori).
- Role and funding of Barbara & Sartaj in CNVC (Valentina 20 min.).
- Role and funding of Sociocracy and John Buck in CNVC (Valentina 30 min.).
- CNVC geopgraphic project support, responding to requests for feedback from Dom and Eva
- Certification Review (Danielle for Office Staff)
- Proposal for productivity and mutuality (Jori):
- Agenda items submitted by 10 days before meeting.
- Proposed: Agenda posted by 7 days before meeting for feedback.
- Proposed: Anyone not present who has not commented before meeting is considered to consent.
- (Any decisions may be revisited at future meetings.)
- Picture forming to define structure and intention of Synergy (Anne).
- To support clarity and direction, review policies (available on CNVC website) (Jori):
- Agreement dated 23rd July 2002 between Marshall Rosenberg, Gary Baran, Anne Bourrit and Pascale Molho at Orchidea Lodge re: trainer renewal fees in French-speaking area.
- Staff retirement funds.
- Vice President role includes tracking decisions [Need: follow through].
- Deliverables discussion (Stefan):
1. 'functioning': sociocratic; autocratic; etc, 'style'. Clarity which decisions made by what method and by whom.
(proposed delineation: decisions that get made by LT/board rather than by M&V alone:
...a) Hiring of senior staff
...b) Creation of new organizational components
...c) Dedication of substantial financial resouces (>$10k?)
...d) definition of strategic priorities, to be refined further in discussion, just wanted to offer this list as a start)
2. management team 'setup': clarity in relation to roles already delineated.
3. strategic detailing (priority & how / who/ resources): know how will we fulfill strategic priotities, next steps and plan.
4. financial plan: self-finance vs. invest / consequences/ outcomes.
- Observer policy for LT meetings (John 30 min.).