Talk:CNVC LT

From NVCWiki
Revision as of 16:57, 3 May 2006 by SWisbauer (talk | contribs) (Other Topic)
Jump to: navigation, search

This area is for Public Discussion of the protected CNVC Board document drafting area. Click on "edit" next to the topic you wish to discuss.


GCC Draft Proposal

For public discussion of the GCC Draft Proposal. - - - - - - Click on the word "edit" -->



Criteria For CEO Selection

For public discussion of the Criteria For CEO Selection. - - Click on the word "edit" -->





Draft Board Agenda - May Meeting

Below are all the items I believe have been so far been carried over or requested for our May 10 Board conference call meeting, currently scheduled for 8am PT / 5pm CET. -John Wiley

  • Note: to find out the current Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) and Universal Time (UTC, which I believe is the same as GMT), you can visit this website by clicking on this link:

Current Time (USN)

Previously Listed Agenda Items

  • Consent on GCC Proposal.
  • Liz Gay's nomination to the Board as GCC representative.
  • Discuss change to certification-renewal process from percentage of net gains to a Membership Fee (±10 minutes - Godfrey).
  • Discuss NVC World and how to make the best use of Linnaea’s energies both past and present (±10 minutes - Godfrey).
  • Discussion of database, wiki, blog and other technology support options (15 minutes - John).

Recent Additions

  • Update on GCC process (Jori? John B.?)]
  • “The Board agreed that all CNVC bodies would do their best to live the process of Nonviolent Communication” (Godfrey 2’)
  • The following elections by consent (in order of priority) to agenda (Jori):
1. secretary
2. vice-president
Do we have nominees?
  • Proposal: In preparation for the June Board meeting Members will review the current Board Policies and determine which meet our needs and which we would like to change. The Board will determine next steps for updating the Board Policies at the June 2006 Board meeting.

See: CNVC Board Policies.

  • Proposal: Board Members will review what needs are met and unmet by the role of the interim director position and Jori's work in relation to this role and be prepared for this evaluation at the June 2006 Board meeting for decision on renewal until Sept 30, 2006.
  • Board meeting location, frequency and review of Needs/strategies.

Other Topic

For public discussion of the Database Selection Criteria. - - Click on the word "edit" -->

Proposal for a Final Agenda

Just to move us towards an agenda that might work, here is a proposed order with estimated time requirements:


> Election of open posts (secretary / vice president) - 45mins (?) (note: nominations ahead of time not required for sociocratic voting process if I understand it right)

> Proposal: Board Members will review what needs are met and unmet by the role of the interim director position and Jori's work in relation to this role and be prepared for this evaluation at the June 2006 Board meeting for decision on renewal until Sept 30, 2006 - 10mins

> Proposal: that the next in-person meeting in Atlanta be cancelled and that someone (tbd) propose an alternative board regulation looking to provide more flexibility in strategy in order to meet the board member's and organization's needs - 10 mins

> Consent on GCC Proposal (request: all board members to read current GCC version on wiki & propose changes either via wiki, email or during the call) - 30mins

> Update on GCC nomination process - 10mins

> Acceptance of Liz Gay's nomination to the GCC (the GCC proposal consent will have clarified the relationship of GCC and board but, for time being, Liz has been nominated to the GCC is my understanding) - 5-10 minutes

> Proposal: In preparation for the June Board meeting Members will review the current Board Policies and determine which meet our needs and which we would like to change. The Board will determine next steps for updating the Board Policies at the June 2006 Board meeting - 10mins

> Discuss NVC World and how to make the best use of Linnaea’s energies both past and present - ±10 minutes - Godfrey

> Discussion of database, wiki, blog and other technology support options - 15 minutes - John


This would add up to 140 minutes, i.e. the lower topics might have to be addressed through other strategies (email, bouncing to next meeting, separate call of interested subgroup etc.) if time doesn't allow discussion over the phone on this occasion.


Other items raised and proposed strategy for addressing the needs behind them:

> Discuss change to certification-renewal process from percentage of net gains to a Membership Fee (±10 minutes - Godfrey, this sounds like a potentially complex topic, I would suggest we prepare a more specific proposal including some of the pros and cons, some data about actual revenue from trainer contributions and share it via email or ahead of next month's meeting, otherwise it could be a long discussion with limited grounding and no clear conclusion).

> “The Board agreed that all CNVC bodies would do their best to live the process of Nonviolent Communication” (Godfrey 2’) (request to Godfrey: would you be willing to clarify how you define CNVC bodies? Would suggest the board 'requests' rather than 'agrees'. I am sure this will find everyone's agreement in spirit, I am struggling a little bit the specificity, could we also put this onto next month and for time being e.g. propose that the GCC do (that would then fit under item 2)?)


Comments welcome, I am personally comfortable to have John, Jori or Godfrey just make the final call on the proposed agenda and if serious objections arise, we address them at the beginning of the call. (this was Stefan writing)