Difference between revisions of "NVC USA Meeting 18 Dec 2005"

From NVCWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(added meeting notes)
 
(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Next meeting of the [[NVC USA Project]]
+
== Planning Meeting of the [[NVC USA Project]] ==
  
 
9-10:30am Pacific time
 
9-10:30am Pacific time
  
[[NVC USA Project]]:
+
Attending:
* non-conference-related initiatives
 
* mailing list
 
* sociocracy - Mary, any response to e-mail from [[NVC USA Meeting 25 Sept 2005]] ?
 
  
[[Compassion In Action Planning]]:
+
* Kit Miller
* [[Compassion In Action Outreach]] - how's it going?
+
* John Abbe
* discuss strategy of building community at the conference (Jane & Judi)
+
* John Karvel
* logo
+
* Paul Rentz
* (add more here)
+
* Margarita Mac
 +
* Mary Mackenzie
 +
* Jane Connor
 +
* Judi Lardner
 +
* Rick Smith
 +
* Meta Hough
  
missed last meeting:
+
== Purpose ==
* some names of people w/ brief bios
+
 
 +
Question about purpose came up.
 +
(Kit) The conference is a strategy to help support NVC communities
 +
 
 +
* Develop culture where conflict is not seen as a problem, but as part of the natural flow.
 +
* Mentor new communities by older communities
 +
** 501c(3)
 +
** hiring
 +
** what goes into an intro training packet
 +
 
 +
Also address how to work as US group as part of a global community
 +
 
 +
== Non-conference related initiatives ==
 +
 
 +
Meta: Not necessarily non-conference.  Includes things we would do between now and June 30, such as
 +
 
 +
* Mediation resource packet
 +
* Support network for communities in conflict
 +
* Publicly available resource - pointer to all (hope wiki will be that)
 +
* Poll of what is needed (can be done during [[Compassion In Action Outreach]])
 +
 
 +
Examples of information that is out there:
 +
 
 +
Tiffany Meyer and Stuart Watson's
 +
* [http://www.orncc.net/toolkit.html toolkits (ORNCC)]
 +
* [http://nonviolentcommunication.com/community/relationship-building.htm Relationship Building]
 +
* [http://nonviolentcommunication.com/community/team-tools.htm Community Development]
 +
* [http://nonviolentcommunication.com/community/event-tools.htm Event Coordination]
 +
* [http://www.nonviolentcommunication.com/community/Team_kit/Getting_Started/ Startup documents (pdf and doc)]
 +
* [http://www.nonviolentcommunication.com/community/Team_kit/Comm_Connect/ Newsletters (pdf and doc)]
 +
 
 +
Websites for events:
 +
Jane's examples of : http://www.leaderful.newyorkintensive.org
 +
and http://www.newyorkintensive.org
 +
 
 +
Action item: Kit will talk with John Kinyon about Mediation packet and other info.
 +
 
 +
John: Working on and advocating http://www.nvcwiki.com
 +
 
 +
Jane: leaderful event in April http://www.leaderful.newyorkintensive.org
 +
 
 +
Action item : John Abbe - set up Yahoo mailing list (done)
 +
 
 +
== [[Sociocracy]] ==
 +
 
 +
synopsis: Emphasize 'power with' in decision making process
 +
 
 +
Who is attending the
 +
[http://www.baynvc.org/calendar/view_entry.php?id=CD998&date=20060128 training]
 +
in January in San Francisco hosted by [http://www.baynvc.org BayNVC]?
 +
 
 +
Possibly: Kit, Mary, Rick and maybe Meta
 +
 
 +
Meta: friendsOfNVC listed 6 trainings<br>
 +
Rick: here's what I found listed for North America
 +
 
 +
* Dec 2, Jan 3, 4 (evening introductions) Atlanta, Georgia, USA
 +
* Dec 3-4 (can substitute Jan 5 intensive), Jan 6-8 (series) Atlanta, Georgia, USA
 +
* Jan 11-12, Feb 15-16, Mar 14 (series) Montreal, Canada
 +
* Jan 28-29 San Francisco, California, USA
 +
* Mar 15-16, Apr 12-13, May 16 (series) Montreal, Canada
 +
* May 17-18, Jun 14-15, Aug 22 (series) Montreal, Canada
 +
 
 +
Kit: after January meeting, maybe the trainer could join in
 +
 
 +
== [[Compassion In Action Outreach]] Update ==
 +
 
 +
Rick: wrote or left messages for 16 people, heard back from one (by meeting time).
 +
 
 +
John: Mississippi and Alaska - left messages.  There's an IIT in Yukon, so hopeful for more response.
 +
 
 +
Judi: 2 people in Maine, Cynthia in Georgia (has many contacts)
 +
 
 +
Jane: NY people interested; defer others until after the holiday - January
 +
 
 +
Kit: Hawaii -invited; Boston - in conference call - put out invitation;
 +
 
 +
Margarita: 4 people - wrote up what people wanted in terms of support and put on the wiki
 +
 
 +
Kit: it's right before a leader '06 retreat, so people will be there
 +
 
 +
== Strategy for Building Community at Conference ==
 +
 
 +
Judi and Jane's ideas
 +
* empathy group
 +
* support team
 +
* specific space for connection - somewhere people can go
 +
 
 +
Margarita will join Judi and Jane.
 +
 
 +
Wanting others to join
 +
* wanting co-ownership of supporting connection in community
 +
* create hospitality team
 +
* empathizers and connectors
 +
 
 +
John Abbe: add this to outreach questions; could have a community building page on http://www.nvcwiki.com
 +
 
 +
Mary: appreciate to Judi and Jane for what they are doing
 +
 
 +
== Playback Theater ==
 +
 
 +
Christopher Ellinger
 +
* willing to come
 +
* http://www.truestorytheater.org/
 +
 
 +
Kit will have description on registration page
 +
 
 +
== Agenda for next time ==
 +
 
 +
Question: Margarita: want to know more about observer circle (in inviting people from outreach)
 +
 
 +
Kit: want leadership circle instead of a single leader; want to include outer circle for people supporting;
 +
haven't talked about it clearly.
 +
 
 +
Agenda:
 +
* talk about roles
 +
* Logo: request: seek out artist / graphic designer

Latest revision as of 07:37, 30 December 2005

Planning Meeting of the NVC USA Project

9-10:30am Pacific time

Attending:

  • Kit Miller
  • John Abbe
  • John Karvel
  • Paul Rentz
  • Margarita Mac
  • Mary Mackenzie
  • Jane Connor
  • Judi Lardner
  • Rick Smith
  • Meta Hough

Purpose

Question about purpose came up. (Kit) The conference is a strategy to help support NVC communities

  • Develop culture where conflict is not seen as a problem, but as part of the natural flow.
  • Mentor new communities by older communities
    • 501c(3)
    • hiring
    • what goes into an intro training packet

Also address how to work as US group as part of a global community

Non-conference related initiatives

Meta: Not necessarily non-conference. Includes things we would do between now and June 30, such as

  • Mediation resource packet
  • Support network for communities in conflict
  • Publicly available resource - pointer to all (hope wiki will be that)
  • Poll of what is needed (can be done during Compassion In Action Outreach)

Examples of information that is out there:

Tiffany Meyer and Stuart Watson's

Websites for events: Jane's examples of : http://www.leaderful.newyorkintensive.org and http://www.newyorkintensive.org

Action item: Kit will talk with John Kinyon about Mediation packet and other info.

John: Working on and advocating http://www.nvcwiki.com

Jane: leaderful event in April http://www.leaderful.newyorkintensive.org

Action item : John Abbe - set up Yahoo mailing list (done)

Sociocracy

synopsis: Emphasize 'power with' in decision making process

Who is attending the training in January in San Francisco hosted by BayNVC?

Possibly: Kit, Mary, Rick and maybe Meta

Meta: friendsOfNVC listed 6 trainings
Rick: here's what I found listed for North America

  • Dec 2, Jan 3, 4 (evening introductions) Atlanta, Georgia, USA
  • Dec 3-4 (can substitute Jan 5 intensive), Jan 6-8 (series) Atlanta, Georgia, USA
  • Jan 11-12, Feb 15-16, Mar 14 (series) Montreal, Canada
  • Jan 28-29 San Francisco, California, USA
  • Mar 15-16, Apr 12-13, May 16 (series) Montreal, Canada
  • May 17-18, Jun 14-15, Aug 22 (series) Montreal, Canada

Kit: after January meeting, maybe the trainer could join in

Compassion In Action Outreach Update

Rick: wrote or left messages for 16 people, heard back from one (by meeting time).

John: Mississippi and Alaska - left messages. There's an IIT in Yukon, so hopeful for more response.

Judi: 2 people in Maine, Cynthia in Georgia (has many contacts)

Jane: NY people interested; defer others until after the holiday - January

Kit: Hawaii -invited; Boston - in conference call - put out invitation;

Margarita: 4 people - wrote up what people wanted in terms of support and put on the wiki

Kit: it's right before a leader '06 retreat, so people will be there

Strategy for Building Community at Conference

Judi and Jane's ideas

  • empathy group
  • support team
  • specific space for connection - somewhere people can go

Margarita will join Judi and Jane.

Wanting others to join

  • wanting co-ownership of supporting connection in community
  • create hospitality team
  • empathizers and connectors

John Abbe: add this to outreach questions; could have a community building page on http://www.nvcwiki.com

Mary: appreciate to Judi and Jane for what they are doing

Playback Theater

Christopher Ellinger

Kit will have description on registration page

Agenda for next time

Question: Margarita: want to know more about observer circle (in inviting people from outreach)

Kit: want leadership circle instead of a single leader; want to include outer circle for people supporting; haven't talked about it clearly.

Agenda:

  • talk about roles
  • Logo: request: seek out artist / graphic designer