Difference between revisions of "CNVC LT"

From NVCWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Day 1 - Board Meeting (open to public))
(Subsequent Days (possibly open to public))
Line 53: Line 53:
 
:*Vice President role includes tracking decisions [Need: follow through].
 
:*Vice President role includes tracking decisions [Need: follow through].
 
*Deliverables discussion (Stefan):
 
*Deliverables discussion (Stefan):
# 'functioning': sociocratic; autocratic; etc, 'style'. Clarity which decisions made by what method and by whom.
+
 
# management team 'setup': clarity in relation to roles already delineated.
+
1. 'functioning': sociocratic; autocratic; etc, 'style'. Clarity which decisions made by what method and by whom.
# strategic detailing (priority & how / who/ resources): know how will we fulfill strategic priotities, next steps and plan.
+
 
# financial plan: self-finance vs. invest / consequences/ outcomes.
+
(proposed delineation: decisions that get made by LT/board rather than by M&V alone:
 +
 
 +
...a) Hiring of senior staff
 +
 
 +
...b) Creation of new organizational components
 +
 
 +
...c) Dedication of substantial financial resouces (>$10k?)
 +
 
 +
...d) definition of strategic priorities, to be refined further in discussion, just wanted to offer this list as a start)
 +
 
 +
2. management team 'setup': clarity in relation to roles already delineated.
 +
 
 +
3. strategic detailing (priority & how / who/ resources): know how will we fulfill strategic priotities, next steps and plan.
 +
 
 +
4. financial plan: self-finance vs. invest / consequences/ outcomes.
 +
 
 
*Observer policy for LT meetings (John 30 min.).
 
*Observer policy for LT meetings (John 30 min.).
  

Revision as of 19:39, 27 February 2007

Welcome to the CNVC Leadership Team (LT) section of NVCwiki. The goal of this area is to enable CNVC LT & Board members and others they might select, to edit official documents. It is our hope that two needs may be met in this way. First, the CNVC LT will be able to collaborate on the creation of official documents by using this wiki interface. Second, anyone interested in better understanding CNVC decisions will be able to watch the documents evolve and add their own comments and suggestions in the Public Comment areas.

Note: This section is now distinct from the CNVC GCC section.
Tip: Click on "Recent changes" in the left column, or "history" above, to quickly see what's new or modified.

Proposed Agenda - February Board/LT Conference (Albuquerque)

Day 1 - Board Meeting (open to public)

  • 9:00am - Check-in (Observer Request):
Observers
Board
  • 9:15am - Agenda additions/changes, announcements.
  • 9:20am - Financial Report (Jori 10 min.).
  • 9:30am - Report on Office (Jori 20 min.).
  • 9:50am - Report on GCC (Jim 15 min.).
  • 10:05am - Report on IT infrastructure improvements (William 15 min.).
  • 10:20am - BREAK 20 minutes.
  • 10:40am - Update on organization restructuring review (Marshall & Valentina 1hr.50min.).
  • 12:30pm - LUNCH 1.5 hours.
  • 2:00pm - Marshall's Needs (Katherine 1:20hrs.).
  • 3:20pm - Empathy groups of 3 (Jori 20 min.).
  • 3:40pm - BREAK 20 minutes.
  • 4:00pm - Agenda for coming day(s), number of days, divide Board/LT days & agendas (John 60 min.).
  • 5:00pm - Check-out
Observers
Board
  • 5:30pm - Adjourn for 6pm dinner (2 hours).
  • 7:30pm - SEP-IRA Proposal (Valentina 15 min.).
  • 7:45pm - Heartstorming Round on Organizational Review (John Buck 45 min.).
  • 8:00pm - Adjourn.

Subsequent Days (possibly open to public)

  • Organizational Review - Decisions/Actions?
  • Visioning as framework for structural decisions - picturemaking (Jori)
  • Role definitions and recruitment options for LT Positions (Jori).
    • Office Administrator? ED? Review job description and hiring procedure
    • Fundraising
    • Media
  • What kind of special consulting we need and how to fund it (Marshall 30 min.).
  • Valentina's Needs (Jori).
  • Role and funding of Barbara & Sartaj in CNVC (Valentina 20 min.).
  • Role and funding of Sociocracy and John Buck in CNVC (Valentina 30 min.).
  • CNVC geopgraphic project support, responding to requests for feedback from Dom and Eva
  • Certification Review (Danielle for Office Staff)
  • Proposal for productivity and mutuality (Jori):
  • Agenda items submitted by 10 days before meeting.
  • Proposed: Agenda posted by 7 days before meeting for feedback.
  • Proposed: Anyone not present who has not commented before meeting is considered to consent.
(Any decisions may be revisited at future meetings.)
  • Picture forming to define structure and intention of Synergy (Anne).
  • To support clarity and direction, review policies (available on CNVC website) (Jori):
  • Agreement dated 23rd July 2002 between Marshall Rosenberg, Gary Baran, Anne Bourrit and Pascale Molho at Orchidea Lodge re: trainer renewal fees in French-speaking area.
  • Staff retirement funds.
  • Vice President role includes tracking decisions [Need: follow through].
  • Deliverables discussion (Stefan):

1. 'functioning': sociocratic; autocratic; etc, 'style'. Clarity which decisions made by what method and by whom.

(proposed delineation: decisions that get made by LT/board rather than by M&V alone:

...a) Hiring of senior staff

...b) Creation of new organizational components

...c) Dedication of substantial financial resouces (>$10k?)

...d) definition of strategic priorities, to be refined further in discussion, just wanted to offer this list as a start)

2. management team 'setup': clarity in relation to roles already delineated.

3. strategic detailing (priority & how / who/ resources): know how will we fulfill strategic priotities, next steps and plan.

4. financial plan: self-finance vs. invest / consequences/ outcomes.

  • Observer policy for LT meetings (John 30 min.).

LT meeting February 5, 2007

Attending: John Wiley, Stephen Wisbauer, Jori and Jim Manske, Danielle Beenders and William Poehner.

Next scheduled meeting is Conference starting Sunday February 25, 8:00 AM in Albuquerque NM.

  • Deliverables at the face to face meeting, the group would like to address:
  1. 'functioning': sociocratic; autocratic; etc, 'style'. Clarity which decisions made by what method and by whom.
  2. management team 'setup': clarity in relation to roles already delineated.
  3. strategic detailing (priority & how / who/ resources): know how will we fulfill strategic priotities, next steps and plan.
  4. financial plan: self-finance vs. invest / consequences/ outcomes.
  • Discussion around the process since the October 2006 face-to-face meeting:
  1. appreciation for the patience.
  2. needs for clarity.
  3. request: we all bring proposals to the meeting in the OFNR format.
  4. feedback from consultants.
  • Discussion around the observers' presence at LT meetings: There were strong concerns for both keeping LT meetings open or closed for observers. After discussion everyone seemed to move toward unanimous support of open meetings unless privacy is needed for a particular issue.

Decision

Jori agreed to send out an email to the LT group with the proposal that the LT follow the Board policy concerning observers:

"Policy 1.B.1.a. The board shall welcome observers to its meetings; inform observers of the role of the Board would like the observers to play; and to check whether observers are willing to agree with the Board's requests after they have heard the Board's needs for connection, safety, efficiency and clarity."

Check out

  • Stefan: thank you all, I am glad we are on the same page and to have more clarity in whether I will come to the meeting or not.
  • William: I feel a sense of peace and joy when I think of the job we have embarked. Rebuild an international organization and at the same time attempt to hold the NVC consciousness. This is a historical event that the world would benefit greatly from and I see our transparency at it's peak of importance. We're doing it, and its tough and we're growing!
  • Danielle: I am happy to support and help in anyway I can.
  • Jim: I have a lot of hope around the face to face meeting.
  • Jori: glad to have a team for feedback.
  • John: I celebrate the consciousness, flexibility and commitment in this group.

LT Agenda - Feb.5 Meeting

Monday 5 Feb, 6pm London time, 10 am Pacific Time

  • 10am - Check-in (30 min).
  • 10:30 - Discussion of desired deliverables / outputs for the Conference (Stefan, 10 min.).
·Suggest including draft strategic plans in key priority areas at next level of detail.
  • 10:40 - Discussion of process (John, 10 min.).
  • 10:50 - Observer Policy for LT meetings (John, 15 min.).
  • 11:05 - Trainer commission policy (Jori, 15 min.).
  • 11:20 - Office changes (Jim 10 min.).
  • 11:30 - Check-out (10 min.).
  • Tabled - Role definitions and recruitment options for LT Positions (Jori, 20 min.).
  • Tabled - Update on organization restructuring review (Marshall & Valentina, 15 min.).
  • Tabled - What kind of special consulting we need and how to fund it (Marshall, 10 min.).
  • Tabled - Role and funding of Sociocracy and John Buck in CNVC (Valentina, 10 min.).
  • Tabled - Role and funding of Barbara & Sartaj in CNVC (Valentina, 10 min.).


LT Meeting Minutes January 19,2007

Attending: John & Anne Wiley, Jori & Jim Manske, Danielle Beenders, William Poehner, and Stefan Wisbauer. Observers: Shantigarbha, (UK) Glenda Mattinson (Canada).

Next meeting: Phone meeting beginning of February and/or Face to face in Albuquerque February 25 – March 01, 2007.

Decision

Have the LT/ board meeting and accommodations at the Spiritual renewal center.

Decision

We will try to set up a phone LT meeting including Marshall & Valentina before the Conference meeting in ABQ. If a phone meeting before the Conference is not possible we will see if there are enough agenda items not requiring Valentina and Marshall, to warrant having a phone LT meeting without them before the Conference.

Jori offered to explore phone meeting dates with Valentina while they are at the Special Session and let us know.

Check out

  • Glenda: appreciate being here and enjoyed watching the decision making process.
  • Shantigarbha: watched the same things happen in the UK calls. Look forward to seeing what happens.
  • Danielle: celebration decisions made. Was short and productive.
  • Jori: looking for my son on the airport. Glad meeting is short.
  • William: glad the meeting was short. I confess I did some multi-tasking. Happy with the connection. I got a lot done.
  • Stefan: glad to have Shantigarbha on the call.
  • Anne: big smile on my face to hear Jori look for her son.
  • John: enjoy the connection and look forward to seeing you all in ABQ. I hope to have a call before then. Enjoyed our flexibility in the dance; 1 hr before the call we changed the agenda 180 degrees. Hope to get more clarity on the Conference agenda before the meeting. Glad to have observers, glad we'll review that policy. Appreciate the grace I experienced in the observers when they offered to leave or stay if we wanted that. I value the connection Observers provide with the network. Thanks for being on the call.

LT Agenda - January 19 Meeting

US PT: 12 noon, Friday, Jan. 19, 2007 - US MT: 1pm - London (GMT): 8pm
Seoul: 5am, Saturday, Jan. 20, 2007
Conference Dial-in Number: (712) 580-0600
Participant Access Code: 432094#
6 for MUTE caller controlled muting

Agenda

Note: Due to an urgent need, Valentina and Marshall will not be attending. Proposed changes to the proposed agenda and timing are indicated below.
  • 12:00 PT - Check-in (10 minutes).
  • 12:10 - Adjustments to agenda, Announcements (5 min.).
  • 12:15 - Relocation of Feb. Conference to Retreat Center (Jori, 10 min.).
  • 12:25 - Whether to have LT Meeting before Conference (John, 15 min.).
  • 12:40 - Check-out (15 min.).
Tabled agenda items:
  • - Role definitions and recruitment options for LT Positions (Jori, 20 min.).
  • - Observer Policy for LT meetings (John, 15 min.).
  • - Jori & Jim compensation package review and decision (Jim, 15 min.).
  • - Update on organization restructuring review (Marshall & Valentina, 15 min.).
  • - What kind of special consulting we need and how to fund it (Marshall, 10 min.).
  • - Role and funding of Sociocracy and John Buck in CNVC (Valentina, 10 min.).
  • - Role and funding of Barbara & Sartaj in CNVC (Valentina, 10 min.).

LT Position Descriptions

LT Position Descriptions - 12/06


Board Agenda - January 10 Meeting

PT: Jan. 10, 2007 at noon US PT -1pm US MT - 8pm London (GMT),
Seoul: Jan.11 at 5am
Conference Dial-in Number: (712) 580-0600
Participant Access Code: 432094#
6 for MUTE caller controlled muting

Observer Request

We ask non-Board members to reserve any comments until the time we have set aside for feedback (up to 15 minutes toward the end of the meeting) from Observers who have honored us with their presence. We may also include other times for feedback, as our need for that arises and when there is sufficient time to listen to and address those comments.

Please press 6 to mute and unmute your line during the call.

Agenda

  • 12:00PT Check-in (15 min.)
  • 12:15PT Logistics & Announcements (John, 5 min.)
  • 12:20PT Set February physical meeting [2/25-3/1 Albq.?] (all - 20 min.).
  • 12:40PT Clarify definition of Board and LT (Valentina, Marshall, John Buck, 30 min.).
  • Tabled for LT meeting - Jori & Jim compensation package review and decision (Jim 20, min.).
  • 1:10PT Observer Check-out (10 min.)
  • 1:20PT Board Check-out (5 min.)

LT Minutes - January 5 Meeting

Members present: Marshall and Valentine Rosenberg, John Wiley, Jori and Jim Manske, Katherine Singer, Danielle Beenders and William Poehner.
Members not present: Anne Wiley and Stephen Wisbauer.

The LT will meet again on Friday January 19, 12PM PST, 1AM MT.

Next board meeting January 10, 8PM GMT (London), 2PM EST (New York), 11AM PST (Los Angeles).
January 11, 5AM (Seoul).

Announcement:
Jori is putting together an entrepreneurial application that is open for comments. Contact her if you are willing.

Update on origination restructuring review:
Valentina and Marshall would like to see us focus on Global transformation (Social Change), beyond a focus on personal healing.

There are 5 main program areas we offer within this overall focus on Social Change: Restorative Justice, Education, Government, Personal Liberation and Health, and Economics & Business. Media might be considered both a 6th program area for Social Change, and a tool in support of all the other program areas. We need some synergy connections for all of these programs. We could request all trainers to clarify which program they want to focus their contributions on.

The concept of Social change is now being presented earlier in trainings Marshall gives around the world, and has been more fully integrated in ways that participants have embraced. This explicit introduction to and inclusion of Social Change in NVC training has proven helpful in more quickly stimulating giraffe consciousness in participants.

Marshall wants to make sure that we get clarity and collaboration within and between media groups and synergy groups. He would like clarity with the circles regarding our common goals. He would like to set up structures. He would like for Circles that want to get involved to be clear with the LT that they are not conflicting with other groups. So there could be a contact person to coordinate this. Trainers would coordinate with local circles before they set up a training. Some of this is already in the trainer renewal.

Discussion of GCC circle organization:
The set up is now that there are language groups and the geographic groups within each of those language groups. Marshall wondered whether it would work well to reverse that, so geographic areas would be divided by language. Jori reported that this had been discussed in the GCC, and a term was set to experiment with the current organizing principle. The main advantage seen is that people seem to connect first by language, and then collaborate between languages within geographic areas.

Leadership positions:
Media coordinator: Marshall mentioned Pierre Pirot as a possibility, and would like him to be part of a team. Others agreed that a team approach to this might be effective, and further discussion is needed. Jori mentioned someone who was suggested by Gary Baran. We may need help with north America media. Europe and USA (and other regions) would probably need different strategies and leaders. There was some discussion of considering a media agent and/or publicist, particularly for North America. The question arose of whether any or all of these would be paid or volunteer positions.

Decision: we review the responsibilities of the positions and have further discussion in ABQ and revisit this item in the next meeting.

GCC participant on LT:
The LT team is not ready to have a GCC link nominated to join the LT. Maybe later. We would like to have more clarity on the nominee selection process and role(s) of such a "double-linking" participant on the LT. We discussed the differences between an elected or selected "representative" and nomination of a "participant." The latter might better serve the needs of double-linking, since that person's focus would be on contributing to the work of and meeting the needs of the LT rather than representing the needs of the GCC.

Check out:
John: Happy about the clarity we all got, and looking forward to moving forward together in developing strategies and expanding the LT team.

Jori: Feel amused, with all the acronyms we used. Thankful for getting more clarity it is very invigoration.

Jim: Content, I was missing connection, glad to have it back. Nurses me to get connected. My need for connection and community is met.

Valentina: Feeling alive, empathic connection with all our hearts, I feel the divine connection guiding us. Celebrating the connection, I missed you all. I appreciate the feedback and support. Happy new year.

Marshall: Still "confused" as to were I am (Switzerland or ABQ because of the 18 inches of snow), I enjoyed the meeting.

Danielle: Happy new year, glad to be back, connecting with you is important to me.

William: Tired, really enjoyed the connection and clarity. This was my first meeting as an LT member. I enjoyed it.

Katherine: Enjoying the community growth in Korea. More people want to get certification, like to get more clarity. Some sadness around not having more time with friends in USA.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Agenda items carried forward

  • Leadership positions (Jori)
  • Consultants (Valentina)
  • Certification (Katherine)
  • Planning February Board Conference
  • Valentina proposal
  • Clarifying differences between board and LT
  • Jim and Jori reimbursement proposal
  • Who will be at the February Board Conference


LT Agenda - January 5 Meeting

PT: Jan. 5, 2007 at noon US PT -1pm US MT - 8pm London (GMT),
Seoul: Jan.6 at 5am
Conference Dial-in Number: (712) 580-0600
Participant Access Code: 432094#
6 for MUTE caller controlled muting
  • Update on organization restructuring review (M&V).
  • Nominations for LT positions (Jori).
  • Invitation for GCC to nominate a participant to the LT (Jim).

Carried forward for next meeting:

  • We will explore role definitions and possible recruitment options for LT Positions.
  • Role of Sociocracy and John Buck in CNVC (Valentina).
  • Role and funding of Barbara & Sartaj (Valentina).
  • What kind of special consulting we need (MBR).

LT Minutes - December 22 Meeting

LT Minutes - December 22, 2006

Board Minutes - December 2006 Meeting

Board Minutes - December 2006 Meeting

Board Agenda - December 2006 Meeting

  Jim and Jori’s Report as Coordinators of the GCC

  John Wiley's Initial Report on "E.D." Role Analysis

Marshall's Statement to the NVC network

My wife, Valentina, and I would like to share our celebrations with you stimulated by the October CNVC Conference. We celebrated that CNVC now has NVC groups working in 65 countries on every continent and about 1/4 million people per year are receiving our training. We then shared our vision that within the next 10 years we would like to have NVC teams in every country and NVC reaching millions of people through mainstream media outlets.

We want to share with you how touched and celebratory we are feeling at the response of everyone present to this vision. To achieve these two visions we are radically transforming our organization.

  • Valentina and I will be leading a Leadership Team, (LT) formalizing what has been our unofficial role.
  • We are encouraging all trainers to operate, not on their own, but in association with local NVC circles so that they work together to support the NVC mission. To support this organizing effort, Jim and Jori Manske will focus on building the Global Coordinating Council (GCC).
  • We are also taking steps to synergize with other organizations who are also working for a transformation in consciousness.
  • We will expand the number of NVC trainers on the CNVC staff to better meet the number of requests for training and ensure continuity of CNVC’s services.
  • We are also creating means of making our training available through the media.


With Love and Gratitude, Marshall and Valentina Rosenberg

Note: this letter was edited slightly for clarity and wiki formatting by John Wiley, CNVC President. The original unedited version will be posted elsewhere.

Deutsch: Nachricht an das Netzwerk von Marshall

Meine Frau, Valentina und ich möchten gerne unser Feiern mit Euch teilen, das vom kürzlichen Boardmeeting des CNVC in der Nähe von Atanta, Georgia, angeregt wurde. Das Center for Nonviolent Communication hat nun GFK-Gruppen, die in 65 Ländern und in jedem Kontinent der Erde arbeiten mit über 1/4 Mio. TeilnehmerInnen an den Trainings, die dort gegeben werden. Beim diesem Boardmeeting haben wir über unsere Visionen gesprochen: dass wir innerhalb der nächsten 10 Jahre GFK-Teams in jedem Land der Erde haben und dass die Gewaltfreie Kommunikation Millionen Menschen durch die Haupt-Medien (mainstream media outlets) erreicht.

Wir möchten mit Euch teilen, wie berührt und voller Dankbarkeit wir uns fühlen durch die Reaktionen von allen, die diese Vision teilen. Um diese beiden Visionen erreichen zu können, werden wir unsere Orgnaisation grundsätzlich verändern.

Valentina und ich werden ein Leading Team (LT) führen, dadurch werden wir nun formell das tun, was bisher unsere inoffizielle Rolle war.

Wir ermutigen alle TrainerInnen, nicht mehr alleine zu wirken, sondern zusammen mit den lokalen GFK-Kreisen, damit sie zuammenarbeiten, um die Mission der Gewaltfreien Kommunikation zu unterstützen.

Damit die organisatorischen Bemühungen vorangehen, werden sich Jori und Jim Manske darauf konzentrieren, das Global Coordinating Council (GCC) aufzubauen.

Wir werden auch Schritte unternehmen, um Synergien mit anderen Organisationen zu erreichen, die auch auf eine Bewusstseinsänderung hinarbeiten.

Wir werden die Anzahl der GFK-TrainerInnen in der CNVC-Belegschaft erhöhen, um den vielen Anfragen nach Trainings besser nachkommen zu können und um den Fortbestand der CNVC-Dienste abzusichern.

Wir werden außerdem Wege finden, unsere Trainings durch die Medien verfügbar zu machen.

In Liebe und Dankbarkeit
Marshall und Valentina Rosenberg
http://de.nvcwiki.com/

LT Minutes - December 8, 2006 Meeting

LT Minutes - December 8, 2006 Meeting

LT Agenda - December 8, 2006 Meeting

LT Agenda December 8, 2006 Meeting

LT Minutes - November 15, 2006 Meeting

LT Minutes - November 15, 2006 Meeting

LT Agenda - November 15, 2006 Meeting

LT Agenda November 15, 2006 Meeting

Minutes October 21-25, 2006 CNVC LT/Board Conference

Minutes October 21-25 CNVC GCC/Board Conference

Note: A major decision at this meeting was redefining LT, Board and GCC.

Older Documents - GCC Before LT Creation

GCC Before LT Creation

How To Edit

Once LT/Board members have logged in they can click "edit" in one of these "Protected" areas on the right margin of the section they're interested in. This opens an editing window. Next, scroll down in the text inside the edit box to add your comments or make changes.

Anyone (not just LT/Board members) can edit on the discussion ("Talk") page for each section, without the need to log in first.

If you change your mind about editing, just click "Cancel" at the bottom of the page. To see what your edit will look like before you save it, click "Show preview" at the bottom of the page (note that you'll then probably need to scroll down the main page to see the edit box, which itself has a scroll bar).

For more information, see the Help page on this wiki.