Welcome to the CNVC Board section of NVCwiki. The goal of this area is to enable CNVC Board members and others they might select, to edit official documents. It is our hope that two needs may be met in this way. First, the CNVC Board will be able to collaborate on the creation of official documents by using this wiki interface. Second, anyone interested in better understanding CNVC decisions will be able to watch the documents evolve and add their own comments and suggestions in the Public Comment areas. CNVC Board and CNVC LT sections of this wiki until recently were combined due to extensive overlap, but are now maintained separately.
- Tip: Click on "Recent changes" in the left column, or "history" above, to quickly see what's new or modified.
- 1 Board Teleconferences
- 2 Proposed Agenda for November 2007 Board Meeting
- 3 Proposed Agenda for Sep 25 Board Meeting (teleconference)
- 4 Announcement
- 5 Board Minutes – 08/15/2007 Meeting
- 6 Board Agenda & Minutes - 08/15/07
- 7 Board Agenda & Minutes - 07/11/07
- 8 Board Agenda & Minutes - 06/13/07
- 9 Board Agenda & Minutes - 05/23/07
- 10 Board Agenda & Minutes - 04/13/07
- 11 Board Minutes - 03/14/07
- 12 Minutes - Board & LT Conference, February 24, 2007
- 13 Agenda - February Board/LT Conference (Albuquerque)
- 14 Board Agenda - January 10 Meeting
- 15 Board Minutes - December 2006 Meeting
- 16 Board Agenda - December 2006 Meeting
- 17 Marshall's Statement to the NVC network
- 18 Minutes October 21-25 CNVC GCC/Board Conference (N.Carolina)
- 19 Older Documents - GCC Before LT Creation
Regularly scheduled meetings
- First double-digit Wednesday of each month (Note: subject to change)
- 1900 UT/GMT - Noon LA & AZ - 1pm Denver - 9pm Paris - 4am Seoul (Thursday)
- NEW US Dial-n Number: +1.605.772-3100
- Participant Access Code: 825078#
- NEW European Dial-in Numbers:
- Austria: 0820 4000 1552
- Belgium: 070 35 9974
- France: 0826 100 256
- Germany: 01805 00 76 09
- Ireland: 0818 270 021
- Italy: 848 390 156
- Netherlands: 9004 353 535
- Spain: 902 886025
- Switzerland: 0848 560 179
- UK: 0870 35 204 74
- Free Conference Play Back
- Playback Number, US: +1.641.985.5016
- Access Code: 825078#
Observer Request for Board meetings
We ask non-Board members to reserve any comments until the time we have set aside for feedback (up to 15 minutes toward the end of the meeting) from Observers who have honored us with their presence. We may also include other times for feedback, as our need for that arises and when there is sufficient time to listen to and address those comments.
- Please press 6 to mute and unmute your line during the call.
Proposed Agenda for November 2007 Board Meeting
Thursday, November 1 (Executive session - not open to public)
- 1:00pm Executive Session, to include selection of facilitator(s) for all sessions.
Friday, November 2 (open session)
- 9:00am - Check-in (Observer Request):
- 9:15am - Acceptance of September Board meeting minutes, announcements, plans to visit new office space later in day, agenda additions/changes.
- 9:25am - Leadership Team reports
* Financial Report (Admin Team) * Report on Office (Admin Team) * Report on GCC (GCC team leaders) * Education Team report, including certification update (Educational Director) * Synergy Team report (Synergy team) * Report on IT infrastructure improvements (IT team) * Empathy groups (all)
- 1:00pm - Strategic Plan/Evolution Plan, 2008 Budget Review (Admin team)
- 4:00pm - Check-out
- 4:10pm - Leave to visit new office space
Saturday, November 3 (start 9:00am)
- (Morning) Clarification of LT role and discussion with a view to resume LT meetings (Stefan)
- (Morning) Communications Committee (Robert)
- (Afternoon) Board member recruiting and retention discussion with goal to develop and implement (Margo)
- (Afternoon) Election of board officers (all)
- (Afternoon) LPL investment papers to sign by Board of Directors (Margo)
- (Afternoon) Review and possible revision of decisions made during previous meetings
Sunday, November 3 (start 9:00am)
- (Morning) Generative thinking (i.e., time to let visions and dreams roll)
EXAMPLES OF POSSIBLE GENERATIVE TOPICS * For consideration: Program for NVC Excellence in analogy to Maryland Program for Mediator Excellence (John B) * Marshal Rosenberg Peace Center * What does networking mean? Synergy with other organizations doing social change.
- (Morning) Review of action items
- (Morning) Celebrations
Proposed Agenda for Sep 25 Board Meeting (teleconference)
(19:00 GMT)Check in
(19:15) Administrative matters
- Announcements (All)
- Next meeting: Nov 1 - 4, Albuquerque. (Logisitics: Margo)
- Documents for meeting: Financial report (Margo)
- Acceptance of Aug 15 minutes
- Acceptance of today's agenda
- (19:25) Election of Board president (role description: see "Documents" section of Aug 15 minutes, below, "Duties of CNVC Directors." Proposed term: through March 2008.
(needs / rationale: efficiency and security, meet legal requirements)
- (19:45) Report on possible names for new Board members. Proposal: Form ad hoc nominating committee to find new board members. (Margo)
(needs / rationale: Diversity, support, availability of replacement Officers)
- (19:50) Approval of new building lease. (Margo)
(needs / rationale: safety, efficiency, city says we must move from current location)
- (19:58) Preparation for face-to-face meeting Nov 1-4. Report on exploration of communication and strategic planning - per action item of last meeting (John) Brainstorm topics for meeting agenda and assign for preparation. (all)
(needs / rationale: information, discussion, clarity, ensuring meeting starts with momentum)
- (20:15) Clarification of LT role and discussion with a view to resuming LT meetings (Stefan)
(needs / rationale: connection and transparency, ensuring key voices can play part in decision-making and strategizing)
- (20:30) Update on certification (Marshall)
(needs / rationale: information on key issue)
- (20:40) Review of previous decisions. See http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p8BE8cER7iPHns91ae3xoBA&hl=en_US&pli=1(all). Items on lines 7 and 22-25 already addressed in this meeting. Proposal: Defer items on lines 10 and 17-21 for the face-to-face meeting next month.
(needs / rationale: efficiency, clarity
(20:45) Check out
To Members of the Center for Nonviolent Communication Network: We would like to catch you up on some recent changes being made in our administrative structure.
1. Jori Manske is no longer filling the position of Interim Executive Director. We are deeply grateful for how she has supported our organization. She will now be able to put her efforts in her position of Co-leader of the GCC.
2. Administrative work previously done within the position of Interim Executive Director will presently be coordinated by our new Office Manager, Margo Pair, supported by the Board and Leadership Team.
Board Members and Leadership Team
John Wiley (Board President),
Stefan Wisbauer (Board Vice-President & Secretary),
Katherine Singer (Treasurer emeritis),
Marshall Rosenberg (Board Member & Leadership Team Functional Leader),
Valentina Rosenberg (Board Member & Leadership team Functional Leader),
Margo Pair (Board Member & Leadership Team Functional Leader),
Robert Gonzales (Board Member),
Jori Manske (Board Member & Leadership Team - GCC),
Jim Manske (Leadership Team - GCC),
Anne Wiley (Leadership Team - Synergy),
William Poehner (Leadership Team - IT),
Danielle Beenders (Leadership Team - Office Representative)
Board Minutes – 08/15/2007 Meeting
(Teleconference) August 15,2007 10:00am PST
- Board Members: John Wiley (President), Valentina Rosenberg (Treasurer), Robert Gonzales, Marshall Rosenberg, Jori Manske, Stefan Wisbauer (Vice President), Margo Pair (Interim Secretary).
- Observers: Danielle Beenders (LT), John Buck (Meeting Facilitator), Dee Soule (note-taker), Doug Johnson, Ted and Glenda Mattinson.
- Group check-in.
- Consent by Board to last meeting minutes (July,11 2007)
- Next Board meeting: September 25, 2007 at 3:00pm EST, 1:00pm MST, 12:00pm PST.
- Agenda Amendments:
- 1.Valentina requested a moment of silence for Anne Wiley’s healing and recovery, to be added before consent agenda (1 min.)
- 2.Robert requested a report/update on the Certification process from Marshall, to be addressed after agenda item ‘Adding board members’ (10 min.)
- 3.John W. requested a report/update on the CNVC website, to be addressed after agenda item ‘Certification Process’ (5 min.)
Consent by Board to Agenda with amendments.
Duties of the CNVC Directors
CNVC Decision Table
Decision: Margo promoted to “Administrative Director” with pay increase (retroactive pay date to July 26, 2007).
Needs: effectiveness, clarity, integrity, support
Report on budget (Margo)
Margo prepared a profit/loss report from Quickbooks to share CNVC’s financial standing comparatively between Jan-Jun ’06 and Jan-Jun ’07. Overall, CNVC is up 22.8% including a 24% increase in material sales. She will be sending future financial reports to all members of the Board, and invites feedback from members about the format she uses to provide the information.
- Decision: The next face-to-face Board Conference will be in ABQ 1:00pm Thursday, Nov.1 to 4pm Sunday, Nov.4.
- Needs: Planning, clarity, effectiveness.
- Action item: Margo will prepare a general proposed budget on currently established priorities, and circulate to all members at least 1 week before the September meeting.
- Action item: An agenda item on the agenda for the September meeting will be “discussion on planning for face-to-face Conference in ABQ”
Organizational review committee report (Robert)
Needs: information, discussion, clarity
- Robert presented a report from the Ad Hoc committee who met on July 26th. The report includes 3 Proposals for organizational structure, and two tables (one for decisions and one for roles)---------CNVC Decision Table Duties of CNVC Board of Directors
- After reading the 3 proposals, the Board then engaged in a reaction round. Questions for clarity were addressed and answered. Some members of the Board expressed concerns about consenting to the proposed items until further discussion/clarity.
- Others and felt enthusiastic around the idea of someone filling a role that would oversee the flow of communication proposed in 2a.
- Jori recommended that the Board evaluate where we are now and what kind of information is important to relay and to whom. She also requested to meet with John W. and Robert (and anyone else interested) to brainstorm ideas about the Ad Hoc’s committee on communication
- Robert felt confused by some concern John W. expressed in regards to the differing structures between the Board and the LT, and requested an off-line conversation with John W. (and anyone interested).
- Action item: John Buck will be in dialogue with Valentina (and anyone else interested) about the report/proposals presented by the Ad Hoc Committee. After further discussion, the proposals will be addressed/considered again by email before the next Board meeting.
- Action item: Send John Buck any proposals for committees in the next 10 days, for consideration of implementation.
Update of search for new Board members (Margo/John B.)
Needs: Diversity, support, availability of replacement Officers
- Margo didn’t receive any recommendations/nominations from Board members since the last Board meeting.
- Action item: Margo will send all Board members 2 reminders to submit names for possible future Board members before the next meeting in September.
Update on Certification process
- Marshall and Valentina have met with Rita and Margo to discuss the process for certification. Another meeting is scheduled sometime next week with Rita, Margo, Marshall and Valentina.
- Valentina feels clarity has been reached about Marshall’s concept of social change, and about Rita’s role/contributions in the Certification process.
- The office has been providing, and plans to continue providing monthly updpates for the network on the website, friendsofnvc, candidates and trainers lists.
- Valentina expressed needs for inclusion and equality, and suggested having these announcements translated into German and French as well.
- Marshall added that he is examining how to measure whether candidates are prepared to work with a local nvc circle, and whether their social change aspect of work is in harmony with that circle and CNVC.
- Jori added this is also being examined in the GCC.
Update on the CNVC Website
- John W. annnounced that the IT team hopes to have the new website up and running within a week. He also requested that all Board members visit the fully functioning test site, and provide feedback about it’s layout and function to William by email.
- The cnvc “test” website for feedback is http://cnvc-feedback.advantagelabs.com/
- Jori has updated the document that tracks agreements/action items established in Board Meetings. She has made it available for viewing as a google document, and requests that all Board members to view it and make comments/requests, etc.
- Jori is willing to continue maintaining the decision-tracker with joy.
- The document may be viewed as a google doc at http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p8BE8cER7iPHns91ae3xoBA&hl=en_US&pli=1.
- Stefan: appreciates John’s facilitation, enjoying the new website and excited to see it’s potential put to use.
- Marshall: appreciates John’s facilitation.
- Valentina: appreciates John’s time and effort. Grateful for patience regarding ad-hoc proposals. Celebrating connection and Margo’s title change. Enjoying a sense of progress each day.
- Margo: Appreciates level of connection. Acknowledges daily activities of all involved, and appreciates the Board’s assistence in keeping cnvc’s overall vision/mission present.
- Robert: Pleased, enjoyed connection and John’s facilitation. Sense of accomplishment and forward movement. Excited about interim website.
- Jori: Smiling. Appreciating connections. Sense of community working together. Appreciates Margo’s work/contributions and John’s ability to lead a meeting. Request for contact information/agenda to be distributed at least one week before future Board Meetings. Looks forward to discussion about committee for communication.
- John W: Feels strong sense of warmth and connection. Celebrating website, and accomplishments. Excited to have Margo on the team. Heard a shift regarding certification, feels hopeful for process to be improved and implemented soon.
- John B: encourages everyone to joi the meeting minutes before scheduled start time. Will talk to William for info on posting info on the new website.
- Danielle: Excited about forward movement. Appreciates being able to be present, curious about next face-to-face being open to ovservers.
Minutes - Board & LT Conference, February 24, 2007
Agenda - February Board/LT Conference (Albuquerque)
Jim and Jori's Report as Coordinators of the GCC
John Wiley's Initial Report on "E.D." Role Analysis
Minutes October 21-25 CNVC GCC/Board Conference (N.Carolina)
- Note: A major decision at this meeting was redefining LT, Board and GCC.