Board Agenda & Minutes - 08/15/07
Board Minutes – 08/15/2007 Meeting
(Teleconference) August 15,2007 10:00am PST
- Board Members: John Wiley (President), Valentina Rosenberg (Treasurer), Robert Gonzales, Marshall Rosenberg, Jori Manske, Stefan Wisbauer (Vice President), Margo Pair (Interim Secretary).
- Observers: Danielle Beenders (LT), John Buck (Meeting Facilitator), Dee Soule (note-taker), Doug Johnson, Ted and Glenda Mattinson.
- Group check-in.
- Consent by Board to last meeting minutes (July,11 2007)
- Next Board meeting: September 25, 2007 at 3:00pm EST, 1:00pm MST, 12:00pm PST.
- Agenda Amendments:
- 1.Valentina requested a moment of silence for Anne Wiley’s healing and recovery, to be added before consent agenda (1 min.)
- 2.Robert requested a report/update on the Certification process from Marshall, to be addressed after agenda item ‘Adding board members’ (10 min.)
- 3.John W. requested a report/update on the CNVC website, to be addressed after agenda item ‘Certification Process’ (5 min.)
Consent by Board to Agenda with amendments.
Duties of the CNVC Directors
CNVC Decision Table
Decision: Margo promoted to “Administrative Director” with pay increase (retroactive pay date to July 26, 2007).
Needs: effectiveness, clarity, integrity, support
Report on budget (Margo)
Margo prepared a profit/loss report from Quickbooks to share CNVC’s financial standing comparatively between Jan-Jun ’06 and Jan-Jun ’07. Overall, CNVC is up 22.8% including a 24% increase in material sales. She will be sending future financial reports to all members of the Board, and invites feedback from members about the format she uses to provide the information.
- Decision: The next face-to-face Board Conference will be in ABQ 1:00pm Thursday, Nov.1 to 4pm Sunday, Nov.4.
- Needs: Planning, clarity, effectiveness.
- Action item: Margo will prepare a general proposed budget on currently established priorities, and circulate to all members at least 1 week before the September meeting.
- Action item: An agenda item on the agenda for the September meeting will be “discussion on planning for face-to-face Conference in ABQ”
Organizational review committee report (Robert)
Needs: information, discussion, clarity
- Robert presented a report from the Ad Hoc committee who met on July 26th. The report includes 3 Proposals for organizational structure, and two tables (one for decisions and one for roles)---------CNVC Decision Table Duties of CNVC Board of Directors
- After reading the 3 proposals, the Board then engaged in a reaction round. Questions for clarity were addressed and answered. Some members of the Board expressed concerns about consenting to the proposed items until further discussion/clarity.
- Others and felt enthusiastic around the idea of someone filling a role that would oversee the flow of communication proposed in 2a.
- Jori recommended that the Board evaluate where we are now and what kind of information is important to relay and to whom. She also requested to meet with John W. and Robert (and anyone else interested) to brainstorm ideas about the Ad Hoc’s committee on communication
- Robert felt confused by some concern John W. expressed in regards to the differing structures between the Board and the LT, and requested an off-line conversation with John W. (and anyone interested).
- Action item: John Buck will be in dialogue with Valentina (and anyone else interested) about the report/proposals presented by the Ad Hoc Committee. After further discussion, the proposals will be addressed/considered again by email before the next Board meeting.
- Action item: Send John Buck any proposals for committees in the next 10 days, for consideration of implementation.
Update of search for new Board members (Margo/John B.)
Needs: Diversity, support, availability of replacement Officers
- Margo didn’t receive any recommendations/nominations from Board members since the last Board meeting.
- Action item: Margo will send all Board members 2 reminders to submit names for possible future Board members before the next meeting in September.
Update on Certification process
- Marshall and Valentina have met with Rita and Margo to discuss the process for certification. Another meeting is scheduled sometime next week with Rita, Margo, Marshall and Valentina.
- Valentina feels clarity has been reached about Marshall’s concept of social change, and about Rita’s role/contributions in the Certification process.
- The office has been providing, and plans to continue providing monthly updpates for the network on the website, friendsofnvc, candidates and trainers lists.
- Valentina expressed needs for inclusion and equality, and suggested having these announcements translated into German and French as well.
- Marshall added that he is examining how to measure whether candidates are prepared to work with a local nvc circle, and whether their social change aspect of work is in harmony with that circle and CNVC.
- Jori added this is also being examined in the GCC.
Update on the CNVC Website
- John W. annnounced that the IT team hopes to have the new website up and running within a week. He also requested that all Board members visit the fully functioning test site, and provide feedback about it’s layout and function to William by email.
- The cnvc “test” website for feedback is http://cnvc-feedback.advantagelabs.com/
- Jori has updated the document that tracks agreements/action items established in Board Meetings. She has made it available for viewing as a google document, and requests that all Board members to view it and make comments/requests, etc.
- Jori is willing to continue maintaining the decision-tracker with joy.
- The document may be viewed as a google doc at http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p8BE8cER7iPHns91ae3xoBA&hl=en_US&pli=1.
- Stefan: appreciates John’s facilitation, enjoying the new website and excited to see it’s potential put to use.
- Marshall: appreciates John’s facilitation.
- Valentina: appreciates John’s time and effort. Grateful for patience regarding ad-hoc proposals. Celebrating connection and Margo’s title change. Enjoying a sense of progress each day.
- Margo: Appreciates level of connection. Acknowledges daily activities of all involved, and appreciates the Board’s assistence in keeping cnvc’s overall vision/mission present.
- Robert: Pleased, enjoyed connection and John’s facilitation. Sense of accomplishment and forward movement. Excited about interim website.
- Jori: Smiling. Appreciating connections. Sense of community working together. Appreciates Margo’s work/contributions and John’s ability to lead a meeting. Request for contact information/agenda to be distributed at least one week before future Board Meetings. Looks forward to discussion about committee for communication.
- John W: Feels strong sense of warmth and connection. Celebrating website, and accomplishments. Excited to have Margo on the team. Heard a shift regarding certification, feels hopeful for process to be improved and implemented soon.
- John B: encourages everyone to joi the meeting minutes before scheduled start time. Will talk to William for info on posting info on the new website.
- Danielle: Excited about forward movement. Appreciates being able to be present, curious about next face-to-face being open to ovservers.