Difference between revisions of "Agenda for Meeting 11/13 - 11/16 2008"
(New page: =Agenda for Meeting 11/13 - 11/16 2008= Albuquerque, New Mexico ==Thursday, Nov 13st 3:00pm - 5:00pm== * 3:00 Check-in * 3:15 Meeting administration o Announcements ...)
|Line 128:||Line 128:|
To provide input or feedback
To provide input or feedback , please
the input form
to form is
of the website
available the bottom of page of the website on "Provide input/feedback to CNVC Governance Teams"
Latest revision as of 22:41, 12 January 2009
Agenda for Meeting 11/13 - 11/16 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Thursday, Nov 13st 3:00pm - 5:00pm
* 3:00 Check-in * 3:15 Meeting administration o Announcements o Lodging, food, meeting arrangements o Overview of materials o Acceptance of last meeting's minutes o Acceptance of agenda * 3:30 Financial Report: Margo and Valentina o Financial statements o Review of investment policies o Status of audits * 4:00 Begin work on strategic plan o How stay based in life sustaining spirit as we do this work? + Expression by each member of the vision and values of NVC for them personally + Celebrations and gratitudes + Listing of the qualities we want NVC to express o Review and comment on efforts to find structures for the NVC community that express and hold life sustaining spirit and reflect inner structures + Stefan's plans from last year (included in Board pre-meeting package) + Review of any survey data collected by point person (included in Board pre-meeting package) + Review of responses from 65 self-identified organizations - geographic location, visions, missions, aims (GCC survey) (included in Board pre-meeting package) o Objective of plan and key issues to be addressed o How coordinate plan with NVC Community so that it becomes the overall NVC plan - not just CNVC o Agenda for call tomorrow with NVC regional organization leaders * 4:45 Check out * 5:00 Adjourn
Friday, Nov 14, 2008 9:30am - 5:45
* 9:30 Check-in * 9:45 Meeting administration o Announcements o Meeting schedule over next 18 months + In-person meetings - dates and budgets - e.g., next in-person meeting May 14-17, 2009? + Change monthly dates to Wednesday of 2nd week of month? o Acceptance of today's agenda * 10:00 - Noon (6:00pm Western Europe, about 11:00pm India, 2:00am Eastern Australia & Korea) Meeting with NVC regional leaders o Exploration of spirit and vision for NVC o Exploration of most important needs concerning the NVC community such as relationships, membership, growth concepts, financial, and other matters * 12:00 Lunch * 1:00 Review the morning's call. Possibly establish subcommittees. * 2:00 Board administration and housekeeping o Elections of Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer o Status of by-laws review o Policies needing review or evaluation? * 2:15 Status of Admin Team and Leadership Team * 2:30 Break * 2:45 Reports from Leadership Team o Education Services o Training programs + Scheduling over next two years + Certification + Scholarship Committee, select another board member to be on committee * 3:30 Information Technology o Overview briefing about new website o Other IT infrastructure matters * 4:10 Office * 4:20 Communications Coordinator o Status of implementation of communications policy, including translation of NVC Documents; Board Q/A o Input to update of roles and responsibilities documents * 4:50 Global Community Circle o Purpose statement o Four project focuses * 5:30 Check out * 5:45 Adjourn
Saturday, Nov 15 9:30am - 5:00pm
* 9:30 Check-in * 9:45 Meeting administration o Announcements o Acceptance of agenda * 10:00am - Noon (6:00pm Western Europe, 2:00am Eastern Australia) Meeting with NVC regional leaders o Continuation of yesterday's conversation with aim to articulate key decisions about the direction of the NVC community o Establish strategic plan committee to complete writing of plan and involvement of regional organizations in the planning process * 12:00 Lunch * 1:00 Work on any action items that emerge from the morning's conversation - perhaps in subcommittees. * 4:45 Check-out for day * 5:00 Adjourn
Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:00am - Noon
* 9:00 Check-in * 9:15 Meeting administration o Announcements o Acceptance of agenda * 9:20 Review/change/renewal of Board policies that may have expired (See pages Glenda inherited from Jori) * 9:40 Review of Board roles and focus * 9:45 Review of open action items from November 2007 and February 2008 in-person meetings in light of strategic planning conversations o Open action items from Novemer 2007 in-person meeting + Action Item: Translation policy and GCC is a priority. Margo to schedule meeting + Action Item: Admin. Team to hire or contract with up to two in-house trainers on the education services team * Action Item: Admin Team to establish hiring committee to hire a grant writer paid on percentage of award basis, approved within budget. Review decision in one year. * Action Item: Board establishes an Evolution Committee, as noted in Marshall's letter to the board, November 3, 2007. * Action Item: Margo - to form a committee to review and recommend updates and revisions to the CNVC bylaws and Board policies. To be presented at next in-person Board meeting. Effort to include Ethics Policy and Conflict of Interest Policy. * Action Item: Margo - Distribute proposed amended bylaws and policies of CNVC to each Board member for review and comment at next in-person meeting. * Action Item: Margo - add “Schedule of 2009 Board meetings to agenda of next Board teleconference meeting. * Open action items from February 2008 in-person meeting o (Admin Team/GCC) Complete development of translation policy. o Get information from lawyers regarding different areas of media and geographic promotion and copyright. o Marshall to propose topics/guidelines for Evolution Committee meetings o Scheduling of Evolution Committee Meetings - First meeting to take place in Europe in July/August time period. o Communications Committee stay in contact with Marshall during the development of WIGO Project * 10:30 Break * 10:45 Review and ajust time line to incooporate new action items and minutes of this meeting o Timeline developed in last February's in-person meeting + Timeline - 1 year + Jan - Mar, 2008: Publish new website, hire office manager, Certification restarted? Marshall's Article/WIGOApr + Apr-Jun, 2008: Hire Grant Writer, Communication Committee Report, 3 New Board Members Added, Hiring Web Content Mngr., 2nd Staff Trainer hired, First expanded LT Forum, Timeline for WIGO Project + Jul - Sep, 2008: Hire Media Coordinator, Hire Public Relations person, Marshall/Valentina in Europe, First Evolution Committee Meeting, Assessor's Training in Europe, Completion of Working WIGO model + Oct - Dec, 2008: In person Board Meeting, Website upgrade per Network Input, Start Marshall's Media Initiative (Podcasts, interacting with other communities for NVC education) + Timeline - 5 years o 2009: Bring on Synergy Coordinator, Options for own building defined, Hire 3rd Staff Trainer o 2010: Building Lease ends (Mid-year), Start Certifying Organizations, First formal alliances with other Peace-making Organizations o 2011: Peace Center opens o 2012: CNVC on each populated continent/ de-centralized certification * 11:15 Wrap-up and check out o Appreciations o Celebrations o Comments on meeting process * 12:00 Adjourn
To provide input or feedback to the Board, please use one of our feedback forms:
- If you want the input you provide to be immediately accessible by other members of our community, please use the form labelled "Public", which is located at
- If you would like your input to be visible only to the Board, please use the form labelled "Private", which is located at
Both of these forms are available at any time from the bottom of any page of the CNVC website (www.cnvc.org) by clicking on the link "Provide input/feedback to CNVC Governance Teams".