Difference between revisions of "Talk:CNVC LT"
(→Proposal for a Final Agenda)
m (Talk:NVC Board moved to Talk:CNVC Board)
Revision as of 02:10, 22 May 2006
This area is for Public Discussion of the protected CNVC Board document drafting area. Click on "edit" next to the topic you wish to discuss.
Request for Clarity
As long as it remains likely that some individuals will be afforded the title 'Board member' and others the title 'GCC Representative', would it be possible to provide a written description of duties performed by Members of the Board and not by GCC Representatives?
Beyond contributing some reassurance to those GCC representatives who do no automatically become CNVC Board members that their consent really will carry equal Sociocratic weight in Board decisions, I am guessing a written description of duties might also assist those members in a GCC who are also described as members of the Board in recognising when and where specific contributions will be welcome.
Criteria For CEO Selection
For public discussion of the Criteria For CEO Selection. - - Click on the word "edit" -->
Draft Board Agenda - May Meeting
Below are all the items I believe have been so far been carried over or requested for our May 10 Board conference call meeting, currently scheduled for 8am PT / 5pm CET. -John Wiley
- Note: to find out the current Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) and Universal Time (UTC, which I believe is the same as GMT), you can visit this website by clicking on this link:
Previously Listed Agenda Items
- Consent on GCC Proposal.
- Liz Gay's nomination to the Board as GCC representative.
- Discuss change to certification-renewal process from percentage of net gains to a Membership Fee (Â±10 minutes - Godfrey).
- Discuss NVC World and how to make the best use of Linnaeaâ€™s energies both past and present (Â±10 minutes - Godfrey).
- Discussion of database, wiki, blog and other technology support options (15 minutes - John).
- Update on GCC process (Jori? John B.?)]
- â€œThe Board agreed that all CNVC bodies would do their best to live the process of Nonviolent Communicationâ€ (Godfrey 2â€™)
- The following elections by consent (in order of priority) to agenda (Jori):
Do we have nominees?
- Proposal: In preparation for the June Board meeting Members will review the current Board Policies and determine which meet our needs and which we would like to change. The Board will determine next steps for updating the Board Policies at the June 2006 Board meeting.
See: CNVC Board Policies.
- Proposal: Board Members will review what needs are met and unmet by the role of the interim director position and Jori's work in relation to this role and be prepared for this evaluation at the June 2006 Board meeting for decision on renewal until Sept 30, 2006.
- Board meeting location, frequency and review of Needs/strategies.
Proposal for a Final Agenda
Just to move us towards an agenda that might work, here is a proposed order with estimated time requirements:
De-certification of trainers in Belgium. Although a long-standing agreement exists between the CNVC Office and the Belgian Association of Certified Trainers, all trainers in Belgium have been removed from the CNVC website. Godfrey requests they be re-instated forthwith pending the outcome of discussions in progress so that their details and trainings can appear on the site. -Godfrey
> Election of open posts (secretary / vice president) - 45mins (?) (note: nominations ahead of time not required for sociocratic voting process if I understand it right)
> Proposal: Board Members will review what needs are met and unmet by the role of the interim director position and Jori's work in relation to this role and be prepared for this evaluation at the June 2006 Board meeting for decision on renewal until Sept 30, 2006 - 10mins
> Proposal: that the next in-person meeting in Atlanta be cancelled and that someone (tbd) propose an alternative board regulation looking to provide more flexibility in strategy in order to meet the board member's and organization's needs - 10 mins
> Consent on GCC Proposal (request: all board members to read current GCC version on wiki & propose changes either via wiki, email or during the call) - 30mins
> Update on GCC nomination process - 10mins
> Acceptance of Liz Gay's nomination to the GCC (the GCC proposal consent will have clarified the relationship of GCC and board but, for time being, Liz has been nominated to the GCC is my understanding) - 5-10 minutes
> Proposal: In preparation for the June Board meeting Members will review the current Board Policies and determine which meet our needs and which we would like to change. The Board will determine next steps for updating the Board Policies at the June 2006 Board meeting - 10mins
> Discuss NVC World and how to make the best use of Linnaeaâ€™s energies both past and present - Â±10 minutes - Godfrey
> Discussion of database, wiki, blog and other technology support options - 15 minutes - John
This would add up to 140 minutes, i.e. the lower topics might have to be addressed through other strategies (email, bouncing to next meeting, separate call of interested subgroup etc.) if time doesn't allow discussion over the phone on this occasion.
Other items raised and proposed strategy for addressing the needs behind them:
> Discuss change to certification-renewal process from percentage of net gains to a Membership Fee (Â±10 minutes - Godfrey, this sounds like a potentially complex topic, I would suggest we prepare a more specific proposal including some of the pros and cons, some data about actual revenue from trainer contributions and share it via email or ahead of next month's meeting, otherwise it could be a long discussion with limited grounding and no clear conclusion).
> â€œThe Board agreed that all CNVC bodies would do their best to live the process of Nonviolent Communicationâ€ (Godfrey 2â€™) (request to Godfrey: would you be willing to clarify how you define CNVC bodies? Would suggest the board 'requests' rather than 'agrees'. I am sure this will find everyone's agreement in spirit, I am struggling a little bit the specificity, could we also put this onto next month and for time being e.g. propose that the GCC do (that would then fit under item 2)?)
Comments welcome, I am personally comfortable to have John, Jori or Godfrey just make the final call on the proposed agenda and if serious objections arise, we address them at the beginning of the call. (this was Stefan writing)
Click edit to create a new topic here - - - - - - - -->