- 1 Vision
- 2 The suggested mechanics
- 3 Current status & issues
- 4 Future plans
To facilitate a network of Instant Messaging that contributes to:
- NVC people around the world meeting and connecting online.
- A shared place to learn and develop NVC skills.
- Regional/interest specific communities.
- A safe place to look for and offer support.
The suggested mechanics
Current technology offers ways to create text chat rooms for every kind of subject, we start with these chat (should it be conversation? meeting? conference? something else?) rooms:
- By topics:
- NVC Parenting
- NVC Practice
- NVC Theory discussion
- NVC Support give&get
- NVC Certified trainers
- NVC Non certified trainers
- NVC Certification candidates
- NVC Business
- NVC Education
- NVC and social change
- By Region/Country/State.
We are happy to support anyone who like to have an additional text chat room.
Via IM or web Instant_Messaging_Network/Email_of_invention
How does it work?
NVCimhub will create a text chat room for each topic and invite all people interested in that topic. We have IM bridges so that everyone can be in the same chat room even if they are using different messaging systems.
Current status & issues
- Will talk per Marcus's suggestion at the next nvc-it team conference call: Monday, 12 March.
- Technical aspect seems to be complete in theory (needs to be tested).
- Will send email to nvcgeek list.
- Have approached LA and NM nvc communites to try it out.
Ways to distribute the message
- Ways that we know of:
How to realize this (the mechanics of it)
- Have found a way to bridge different systems:
- From the right column there: "For instance, if you want to hold a group IM session that includes your sister (a staunch user of MSN Messenger), your Dad (a Yahoo! Messenger devotÃ©e), and your Grandma (AOL-all-the-way for Grandma), you can now do using FWD.Communicator!"
- Looks like it does not handle IRC or Skype.
- (This one doesn't do it:) "some companies are producing IM clients that act as a front end to the different networks. One such product is Trillian Pro, from Cerulean Studios, which allows you to connect to ICQ, AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and IRC networks through a single interface. It should be noted that these clients do not offer interoperability between the various IM networks â€” just a unified interface through which to access them. If you are looking for true interoperability then hub software, which can actually route messages between networks, is required. We will discuss hub software in a future article." Drew Bird 5/1/2003 http://www.intranetjournal.com/articles/200305/ij_05_01_03a.html
- IM market AIM 51% - MSN 27%- Yahoo 21%
- This is a year-and-a-half old; Skype and Google are probably higher now
Resources and groups to cooperate with
Ideas on how to attract people
Ideas on content for the network
- World wide nvc happy hour. All people on all messengers have an online gathering.
- Chat rooms by subject.
- Chat rooms by language.
English, NVCness and clearness
- I am not a native English speaker so I would appreciate style and language corrections.
- I am only 1 year nvc, so I would appreciate style and language corrections :)
- help me make this wiki and the letters clear.
- Ask people for their details and put it in a searchable database which will include their online status.
- Instant Messaging Network/Web for answering invention
- Could be integrated with CNVC IT project, maybe Drupal.
- Creating a website for this.