NVC USA Meeting 21 May 2006
Sun, May 21, 12-1:30pm PDT
712-580-7700 code: SPEAKPAX
Aside: a proposed open space schedule was added to the Compassion in Action FAQ
Attending: Jane C, John A, Kit M (facilitating), Lisa G, Mary M, Meta H, Rick S
- Sat June 3, 2006 - 12:00 PDT, 1:00 MDT, 2:00 CDT, 3:00 EDT
- Sun June 11, 2006 - 12:00 PDT, 1:00 MDT, 2:00 CDT, 3:00 EDT (was June 18)
- Mon June 26, 2006 - 3:00 PDT, 4:00 MDT, 5:00 CDT, 6:00 EDT (new to list)
Budget and Registration
Registration: 61 people have registered. The conference is not capped at 75 as mentioned earlier. A new type of registration has been added: conference only, no room or board, and a sliding scale for that has been set at $100-$175.
Compassion In Action as a leaderful event
Jane will send out some paragraphs to offer some more detail about what that would mean to the current model of open space facilitated event. We'll discuss it again at the next meeting.
Support for those wanting connection and not getting it
Ideas for supporting people at the conference who aren't feeling connected will be presented at the next meeting using a process discussed after this May 21st meeting:
- Lisa will send out an email to the Yahoogroups list, to seed a collection of ideas
- Jane, Lisa, and Meta plan a phone call for May 31 at 4PDT, 5MDT, 6 CDT, 7EDT. If you are interested in that call, please let Jane know.
- A distilled list will be presented at the June 3 meeting.
- John mentioned software for simultaneous collaborative writing
- Kit has a form from Gina about scribing what happened, and will/has sent a copy to John for him to post in the Yahoogroups area.
- Rick will check with Mill College Tech folks to see if we can get wireless access
- Rick will send out what he's learned about from a non-profit and technology group in San Fran.
These were mentioned, so they've been added to the FAQ:
- closest airport: Oakland (OAK)
- if flying into SFO: take BART (www.bart.gov) to Oakland
Rick missed what was said about the shirts, except that Mary sent Kit the files for the latest logo?
Another group had asked about selling T-shirts with proceeds funding scholarship to their NVC events. There was no objection and even extension to anyone selling -- creating a marketplace.