Difference between revisions of "NVC USA Meeting 18 Feb 2007"

From NVCWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Reverted edits by BotaeLtzel (Talk); changed back to last version by Tcaruso)
 
(12 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
Meeting of the [[NVC USA Project]]
 +
 
4-5:30pm PST (begins 5pm Mountain, 6pm Central, 7pm East)
 
4-5:30pm PST (begins 5pm Mountain, 6pm Central, 7pm East)
  
 
Phone 712-580-7700, conference code: 682872 (NVCUSA)
 
Phone 712-580-7700, conference code: 682872 (NVCUSA)
  
= Progress on specific projects? =
+
= Agenda =
  
 
== Conference 2007/2008 ==
 
== Conference 2007/2008 ==
Line 20: Line 22:
 
* Network/coordinate/support NVC-related work on US role in relation to the rest of the world
 
* Network/coordinate/support NVC-related work on US role in relation to the rest of the world
  
= Rick, John and Tom, Please add and adjust format as you see fit - I, Lisa, can't take this any further right now. The last areas were noted but left blank and need filling out. Thanks, I appreacitate you support in these minutes. -Lisa
 
  
 
= Minutes =
 
= Minutes =
1. Conference 2007/2008
+
 
Thinking our next conference is likely to be in summer of 2008
+
Generally, wanting what we do to come from what we're passionate about and have energy to act on, rather than what we think ought to happen and trying to get ourselves or others to do those things.
Rick made contact with someone in Columbs who might be interested in hosting
+
 
Tom - will draft an email to past Compassion in Action participants, asking for interest in hosting or co-hosting the next conference. He'll have a draft done by about March 1 and will email out to NVC USA Project participants, and aim to send it out before our next meeting. He will include quotes on experience of needs met being involved in creating the previous Compassion in Action conference. Quotes are requested from those who would like to contribute one on their experiene of needs met. Rick will contact baynvc to request quotes from them, since they were so involved in hosting last time.
+
1. Conference 2007/2008 (juice - Tom, Rick, Lisa)
There is some considering, voiced in precious meetings, of the next conference having a focus on services rather than on training.
+
<ul>
2. NVC Brand Marketing
+
<li>There was agreement that our next conference is likely to be in summer of 2008.</li>
Tom has strong interest and Lisa has middle interest. Lisa suggested that this would fall, as a subcommitee, under the proposed NVC Trainers Support Organization. Lisa will email GCC/Jori and Jim about who is leading NVC brand marketing or what is happening around it, and will request contacts for or forwarding of this email request on the the North American English Speaking Circle(NAESC). Lisa wonders about a committee above the NAESC who would coordinate this brand NVC effort to all geograhic/language GCC circles.
+
<li>Rick made contact with someone in Columbus who might be interested in hosting next conference.</li>
3. Teleconference Call Invite to all Compassion in Action participants to request info about their areas of interest in NVC projecta and their interest in support and companionship for those endeavors. Rick will compose a draft of this letter for our next meeting. This "newletter" will point out our website (and key areas to note thereon), list a directory of endeavors that people are spearheading and the contact information (John will develop this directory list), and an invitation for new areas of interest and interest in involvement on our next conference.
+
<li>Tom - will draft the [[First 2008 Conference Email]] to past Compassion in Action participants, asking for interest in hosting or co-hosting the next conference. He'll have a draft done by about March 1 and will email out to NVC USA Project participants, and aim to send it out before our next meeting. He will include quotes on experience of needs met being involved in creating the previous Compassion in Action conference. Quotes are requested from those who would like to contribute one on their experience of needs met.</li>
4. Sujects Tabled:
+
<li>Rick will contact BayNVC to request quotes from them, since they were so involved in hosting last time.</li>
- Develop strategies for resolving conflict within the NVC community
+
<li>There was some consideration, voiced in previous meetings, of the next conference having a <b>focus on services/coordination</b> of NVC rather than on training.</li>
- Encouraging development of local NVC mediation
+
<li>There was general agreement that the NVC USA Conference Circle would best be a sub-circle of the NVC USA Circle, though we need to call a group together with interest and identify a lead facilitator for this sub-circle before breaking this activity out.  To keep the connection to the Conference Circle, we would ask that they send at least one representative to our regular NVC USA Circle meetings.</li>
- US in relation to the rest of the world, and influencing it through NVC consiousness and action
+
</ul>
- Spreading NVC in the US (connecting NVC communities to other NVC communities; supporting birth and growth of NVC communities)
+
2. NVC Brand Marketing (juice - Tom, 1/2 Lisa)
- NVC Trainer Support Organization
+
<ul>
Rick has networked to find who had burning interest in creating this. One person he talked to was Jim Hussey, Portland. He will continue communication with him and well touch base with others. Please submit any ideas to him.
+
<li>Tom has strong interest and Lisa has middle interest.</li>
This "project" will be listed in the directory John is developing, as may be other endeavors mentioned in these notes). Lisa has interest in this.
+
<li>Lisa suggested that this would fall, as a subcommittee, under the proposed NVC Trainers Support Organization.</li>
- Requests for funding from participants with projects who voiced such desires from participation in the Compassion in Action conference. Tabled.
+
<li>Lisa will email GCC/Jori and Jim about who is leading NVC brand marketing or what is happening around it, and will request contacts for or forwarding of this email request on to the English-speaking North American Coordinating? Circle (ENACC). </li>
- IT Report. Tabled.
+
<li>Lisa wonders about a committee above the ENACC who would coordinate this brand NVC effort to all geographic/language GCC circles.</li>
- Bring NVC from the private, actively into the public. Kit mentioned this desire. Tabled.  
+
<li>Tom pointed out that the NVC USA Circle needs to play an active role in getting some organization to develop the marketing function, no matter where in the structure of GCC/CNVC this function may fall.</li>
 +
</ul>
 +
3. Teleconference Call Invitation to all Compassion in Action participants to request info about their areas of interest in NVC projects and their interest in support and companionship for those endeavors.  
 +
<ul>
 +
<li>Rick will compose a draft of this letter for our next meeting. This "newsletter" will point out our website (and key areas to note thereon), list a directory of endeavors that people are spearheading and the contact information, and an invitation for new areas of interest and interest in involvement on our next conference.</li>
 +
</ul>
 +
4. Activist NVC work
 +
<ul>
 +
<li>John will do some initial outreach for others who would like to help create a directory of activist work with NVC consciousness</li>
 +
</ul>
 +
5. NVC Trainer Support Organization
 +
<ul>
 +
<li>Rick has networked / is networking to find who had burning interest in creating this. Please submit any ideas to him. Lisa has juice for this.</li>
 +
</ul>
 +
** This "project" will be listed in the directory John as developing, as may be other endeavors mentioned in these notes). Lisa has interest in this (I'm unclear on this -Lisa).
 +
6. Subjects Tabled:
 +
<ul>
 +
<li>Develop strategies for resolving conflict within the NVC community</li>
 +
<li>Encouraging development of local NVC mediation</li>
 +
<li>US in relation to the rest of the world, and influencing it through NVC consciousness and action (actually, this is in part what i'm addressing --John)</li>
 +
<li>Spreading NVC in the US (connecting NVC communities to other NVC communities; supporting birth and growth of NVC communities)</li>
 +
<li>Requests for funding from participants with projects who voiced such desires from participation in the Compassion in Action conference. Tabled.</li>
 +
<li>IT Report. Tabled.</li>
 +
<li>Bring NVC from the private, actively into the public. Kit mentioned this desire. Tabled.</li>
 +
</ul>
  
 
= To Do Commitments for Next Meeting =
 
= To Do Commitments for Next Meeting =
Rick -  
+
* Rick
John -  
+
** email a draft of an email to send to conference attendees.
Tom -  
+
** follow up on emails sent out over the last 6 months to find out who is interested in leading subprojects.
Lisa -  
+
** contact BayNVC to request quotes from them re needs met from helping organize conference
 
+
** networking on NVC Trainer Support Organization
Next Teleconference Meeting: March 10, Sat 4p Westcost Time Zone
+
* John
 +
** send a quotable about [[Compassion In Action]] to Tom
 +
** offer feedback on e-mail drafts that Rick and Tom are writing
 +
** outreach - Social Change list, other ways, for one or more people to work with on building a directory/network of people engaged in activist/social change work with NVC consciousness.
 +
* Tom - draft an email to past Compassion in Action participants, asking for interest in hosting or co-hosting the next conference
 +
* Lisa - will email GCC/Jori and Jim about who is leading NVC brand marketing or what is happening around it, and will request contacts for or forwarding of this email request on to the English-speaking North American Coordinating? Circle (ENACC).
  
= Proposed Agenda =
+
== Next Meeting: [[NVC USA Meeting 10 Mar 2007]] ==
1.
 
2.
 
3.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 

Latest revision as of 09:25, 27 November 2007

Meeting of the NVC USA Project

4-5:30pm PST (begins 5pm Mountain, 6pm Central, 7pm East)

Phone 712-580-7700, conference code: 682872 (NVCUSA)

Agenda

Conference 2007/2008

Who might like to organize it? When? Kit was working with a group in Columbus (Andy), anyone know how to contact him/them?

USA marketing project

Status (Tom and Lisa)

What else would we like to do together?

Some ideas from the NVC USA Meeting 18 Nov 2006 and NVC USA Meeting 22 Oct 2006 notes:

  • Invite conference participants to join a future phone call with things they might want support/companionship on.
  • Develop strategies for resolving conflict
  • Network/coordinate/support NVC-related work on US role in relation to the rest of the world


Minutes

Generally, wanting what we do to come from what we're passionate about and have energy to act on, rather than what we think ought to happen and trying to get ourselves or others to do those things.

1. Conference 2007/2008 (juice - Tom, Rick, Lisa)

  • There was agreement that our next conference is likely to be in summer of 2008.
  • Rick made contact with someone in Columbus who might be interested in hosting next conference.
  • Tom - will draft the First 2008 Conference Email to past Compassion in Action participants, asking for interest in hosting or co-hosting the next conference. He'll have a draft done by about March 1 and will email out to NVC USA Project participants, and aim to send it out before our next meeting. He will include quotes on experience of needs met being involved in creating the previous Compassion in Action conference. Quotes are requested from those who would like to contribute one on their experience of needs met.
  • Rick will contact BayNVC to request quotes from them, since they were so involved in hosting last time.
  • There was some consideration, voiced in previous meetings, of the next conference having a focus on services/coordination of NVC rather than on training.
  • There was general agreement that the NVC USA Conference Circle would best be a sub-circle of the NVC USA Circle, though we need to call a group together with interest and identify a lead facilitator for this sub-circle before breaking this activity out. To keep the connection to the Conference Circle, we would ask that they send at least one representative to our regular NVC USA Circle meetings.

2. NVC Brand Marketing (juice - Tom, 1/2 Lisa)

  • Tom has strong interest and Lisa has middle interest.
  • Lisa suggested that this would fall, as a subcommittee, under the proposed NVC Trainers Support Organization.
  • Lisa will email GCC/Jori and Jim about who is leading NVC brand marketing or what is happening around it, and will request contacts for or forwarding of this email request on to the English-speaking North American Coordinating? Circle (ENACC).
  • Lisa wonders about a committee above the ENACC who would coordinate this brand NVC effort to all geographic/language GCC circles.
  • Tom pointed out that the NVC USA Circle needs to play an active role in getting some organization to develop the marketing function, no matter where in the structure of GCC/CNVC this function may fall.

3. Teleconference Call Invitation to all Compassion in Action participants to request info about their areas of interest in NVC projects and their interest in support and companionship for those endeavors.

  • Rick will compose a draft of this letter for our next meeting. This "newsletter" will point out our website (and key areas to note thereon), list a directory of endeavors that people are spearheading and the contact information, and an invitation for new areas of interest and interest in involvement on our next conference.

4. Activist NVC work

  • John will do some initial outreach for others who would like to help create a directory of activist work with NVC consciousness

5. NVC Trainer Support Organization

  • Rick has networked / is networking to find who had burning interest in creating this. Please submit any ideas to him. Lisa has juice for this.
    • This "project" will be listed in the directory John as developing, as may be other endeavors mentioned in these notes). Lisa has interest in this (I'm unclear on this -Lisa).

6. Subjects Tabled:

  • Develop strategies for resolving conflict within the NVC community
  • Encouraging development of local NVC mediation
  • US in relation to the rest of the world, and influencing it through NVC consciousness and action (actually, this is in part what i'm addressing --John)
  • Spreading NVC in the US (connecting NVC communities to other NVC communities; supporting birth and growth of NVC communities)
  • Requests for funding from participants with projects who voiced such desires from participation in the Compassion in Action conference. Tabled.
  • IT Report. Tabled.
  • Bring NVC from the private, actively into the public. Kit mentioned this desire. Tabled.

To Do Commitments for Next Meeting

  • Rick
    • email a draft of an email to send to conference attendees.
    • follow up on emails sent out over the last 6 months to find out who is interested in leading subprojects.
    • contact BayNVC to request quotes from them re needs met from helping organize conference
    • networking on NVC Trainer Support Organization
  • John
    • send a quotable about Compassion In Action to Tom
    • offer feedback on e-mail drafts that Rick and Tom are writing
    • outreach - Social Change list, other ways, for one or more people to work with on building a directory/network of people engaged in activist/social change work with NVC consciousness.
  • Tom - draft an email to past Compassion in Action participants, asking for interest in hosting or co-hosting the next conference
  • Lisa - will email GCC/Jori and Jim about who is leading NVC brand marketing or what is happening around it, and will request contacts for or forwarding of this email request on to the English-speaking North American Coordinating? Circle (ENACC).

Next Meeting: NVC USA Meeting 10 Mar 2007