Minutes 11/14/08 - Board Meeting with Regional NVC leaders - Part 1

From NVCWiki
Revision as of 17:29, 12 January 2009 by Elinska (talk | contribs) (In attendance:)
Jump to: navigation, search

CNVC Board of Directors Meeting With NVC Regional Leaders Day 1 of 2, Friday November 14, 2008 10:00 AM-12:00 Noon MST

In attendance:

Board Members:

Eduardo Montoya – Board Member Applicant
Gail Taylor – Board Member
Margo Pair – Board Secretary
Marshall Rosenberg – Board Member
Robert Gonzales – Board President
Stefan Wisbauer – Board Vice-President
Valentina Rosenberg – Board Treasurer

Participants:

Anne Bourrit (Switzerland)
Barbara Larson (US – Washington)
Dominic Barter (Brazil)
Glenda Mattinson (Canada – Ontario)
Godfrey Spencer (UK)
Inbal Kashtan (US – California)
Irmtraud Kauschat (Germany)
Isolde Teschner (Germany)
Jerry Koch-Gonzales (US – Massachusetts)
Martine Marenne (Belgium)
Miki Kashtan (US – California)
Nadine Helm (Germany)

Observers:

Georgina Forbes (US – Vermont), John Stevens (Canada – Ontario), Noam (Israel), Pan Vera, IT Coordinator (US – Vermont), Susan Livingston (US – Virginia).
Facilitator: John Buck
Notetaker: Elin Skappel

Announcements & Administrative Matters

  • The agenda for today: 1. What opportunities and issues do you see for the NVC community, looking into the future?, 2. Questions for tomorrow’s meeting, which focuses on specific strategies.
  • A Google doc was provided where the participants could enter additional questions. These questions have been added to the end of this document.


Check-In

Robert Gonzales: A little nervous around the smoothness and ease that I am hoping we can have around this connection. A sense of real hopefulness of this representing the next step in a kind of real all-inclusion with the NVC Global Community and our movement forward.
Martine Marenne: If you speak slowly I can understand, I hear your voices as if they are very far away.
Margo Pair: Greetings! My heart is filled with joy and a childlike anticipation. Life is so precios to me. Hearing your voices is so precious. Nonviolent communication is a beautiful avenue that assists me in connecting with everyone. With joy I look for our growth together.
Gail Taylor: Hearing all the voices and translation to different languages I am so full of joy and hope for what this can mean for connection and inclusion.
Marshall Rosenberg: I am feeling very exited about a meeting we had last night, and it stimulated a lot of things that I am hoping we can get into today.
Valentina Rosenberg: I am feeling butterflies in my tummy for the excitement in hearing your precious voices. And enormous appreciation and gratitude that we are finally connecting together as a team, with connection, integrity and love.
Eduardo Montoya: I am a little confused because I can barely hear you, but feel warm and very close to you somehow, words don't seem to matter that much.
Anne Bourrit: Hi everyone, I am feeling deeply moved that we are together trying to connect, and at the same time I am feeling amazed, and amused, that we are trying to connect in such a way, for me it is such a challenge to connect on the phone when we are such a number of people.
Barbara Larson: My heart is beating fast, excited, feeling a lot of gratitude that we are living our value of hearing everyone and connecting with everyone's hearts.
Irmtraud Kauschat: I am very excited about being with all of you, I am looking forward to more connection for working together.
Jerry Koch-Gonzalez: Pleasure to be present in this community, hopeful for the hope of inclusion with the CNVC.
Martine Marenne: I'm like Valentina, very touched to hear everyone's voice, deeply moved by the connection
Miki Kashtan: I am heartened to see concrete tangible way in which our voices can be heard, I have some cautions hopefulness about what the outcome of this can be, and gratitude for everyone for making this happen. I want to express gratitude to John for facilitating this translation.
Dominic Barter: I'm very glad to hear all these voices, enjoying that we are all here together. Inside me there is a fluctuating level of confidence in investing my time in this, but am aligning myself to everyone's enthusiasm and looking for concrete examples that there is a shift in the direction that we are going. This comes from the amount of care that I feel for this work and this organization, and these people.
Isolde Teschner: I am happy to be with all of us and hear all the voices, fortunately I know some of the voices, my wish is to someday meet you all face to face.
Glenda Mattinson: I am also very happy to hear the voices and the increased sense of inclusion, and the wisdom of many people. Holding in my heart the ones who are not on the call who also have wisdom to offer.
Inbal Kashtan: I am very moved to be back from the nearly dead, and have being here after being sick, and mostly out of connection with a lot of things. Have the quality of coming back to life, very touched to hear so many voices and be part of this right now.
Susan Livingston: Overwhelmed and in awe of the competence of the translators and the patience of those waiting for translation, amazing to me and very glad I came even though I can't stay.
Elin Skappel: I am very happy to be here.
Pan Vera: Really happy to be here and happy that we are connecting with people all over the world, and happy that Eduardo can hear us.
Godfrey Spencer: I am really thrilled to be on this call, this is like a dream come true, that we can get beyond the language barrier and have more inclusion, I am happy to think that this is just the beginning and that there will be so much more.
Nadine Helm: I am also really excited and happy to be here with all of you and to connect with you and also to be in service and contribute through translations.

What opportunities and issues do you see for the NVC community, looking into the future?

John: What opportunities and issues do you see for the NVC community, looking into the future?

We need a vision and a strategic plan for the whole NVC community - that can be structure, that can be other issues.

Barbara Larson: I think the basis of our greatest opportunity is the ability to do what we are doing now, which is hearing every voice, staying connected with our intentions that we all have of hearing everyone's needs. I guess the issue is how to do that.
Glenda Mattinson: For me, the key - both opportunity and issue - is awareness for particularly NVC groups within CNVC Governance and around the world, to be aware of each other and be aware of what each other is doing.
Irmtraud Kauschat: For me there are two things, one is about structure, I really would appreciate to have regional centers, working together all over the world, so we are closer to everyone's voice. And then I also would like to go deeper into NVC to develop more trainings for certified trainers who have been sharing NVC for a long time, and to share NVC in countries and continents where people do not yet have the opportunity to get in touch with NVC – Africa, Asia, South America. That would be the most important issue.
Isolde Teschner: It is obvious that we are all one, united through our compassion, and we need to be aware that we can only change things together. I hope that we can decentralize things, make our decisions more regional, confident that this would help with the language, that there would not be a language barrier anymore, and that then within NVC the cultural differences could also come out more. Need trust from CNVC and less superintendence and more trust from everybody that the regional centers could make decisions on their own.
Martine Marenne: In fact, for me the future is recognition of the regional centers working in alignment with the CNVC. And the regional centers should really be able to take on the NVC tasks and operate locally. And this is going to happen on I hope two levels, strategic positions will be taken together between the CNVC and the local teams, and then to have a clear definition of the autonomy of the regional centers. And I really hope to create a world wide structure where the decision making is shared.
Jerry Koch-Gonzalez: I'm feeling comfortable with what has been said, the sense of growth is great and the desire to walk our talk with a greater sense of partnership, organization, as it has been spoken about regional centers.
Miki Kashtan: I just want to acknowledge that there is a lot of internal pressure that I feel whenever it is my turn to speak, and I somehow imagine that it is true for all of us as it is so precious. Opportunities and issues - I am thinking at this moment of three things. One is to get more clarity than we have now about the distinction between an organization that supports Marshall and an organization that supports NVC and the NVC community worldwide. Within this, I want to have a lot of clarity about how the organization is going to get ready for being able to function once Marshall is no longer working. The second piece that I see is working out our relations, decision making, transparency, within the organization, I see this as the piece for me that needs the most immediate attention. The third is how to shift from North America based organization to a global organization that proactively works to support countries and communities with fewer resources to have access to the goodies that we have to offer. Within that, the two primary things that I see are translation, which I notice is being worked on and is a priority already, funding for work outside North America and Europe, and a way for the richer centers to be able to take on mentoring, training, funding and caring for the fledgling NVC groups in other countries.
Dominic Barter: I feel encouraged and aligned with a lot of what has already been said, want to add the pieces I haven't heard so far. The opportunity that I see is the ability that NVC gives us to create different systemic models for caring for basic needs for human beings. To be as effective at meeting people's needs in real world situations as we currently are at giving workshops. And therefore to speak to people who are unlikely to come to NVC at the moment, due to their belief structure not being clearly to them in harmony with how they see NVC. And the issue that comes up for me here is how can we expand in our ability to reach vastly increasing numbers of people, while at the same time deepening the self understanding of what we are doing individually. My vision for the community we increasingly give away our material and teaching, and receive the resources and support from the community because of the changes we are creating at large. This seems to me to be calling.
Anne Bourrit: I'm happy and moved to hear what others say and feeling in alignment with most of what I've heard; would like to say I see an opportunity in the current world crisis, the fact that we have more than one experienced trainer, several, dozens of trainers who have eight, ten, twenty years of NVC experience and this creates the ability to create a collective intelligence. About the issue for me I would say that my main issue is for us to walk our talk, and use what we so cherish among ourselves in our meetings, I am sure we use it beautifully in our workshops but not always by ourselves. Also the way we exchange information about each other and the way we get to know each other, other than abstractly.
Margo Pair: I appreciate what has been shared, opportunities facing us, to jointly identify values that we hold, and the connectiveness that we would like to nurture, that supports the community, a sense of "we". A sense of we that values autonomy and the individual, supporting circles and community within our geographic region, with the knowledge and support of being connected to the global community. As we actively engage together with shared understanding, decision making and responsibility, to share NVC with those that are curious.
Eduardo Montoya: Issues and Opportunities - So often they are the same, for me it is where I am, using NVC, very much a person finding a way to share the vision of NVC throughout the NVC community and the whole world. So that the individual, the regional NVC, all share the same vision and I see that as a great challenge and a great opportunity, but also difficulty. I'm hopeful and I am very moved to hear everything that has been said, and feel very aligned with many of the things that I have heard, but that is my main feeling of concern, how can we manage to share and to align our views and our mission.
Robert Gonzales - As I stepped outside for a break quickly, I got in touch with a sense of deep vulnerability. I have a happiness and a deep appreciation about what everyone have shared so far. The main opportunity that I see here is for actively, consciously stepping into a co-creation process. And there are two levels where I can see this activity take place. One is on the inner level, both individually and collectively. That we are able to go individually into our deep individualization, our deep heart, and align that with the deeper heart of the whole. So this takes place in some kind of invisible place when we meet. When we do this, we are aligning our life streams, our life energies. And with that I sense that magically or in some way we can co-create the structures that everyone is talking about. Structures in the network are the form where I see this vision take place. They all have characteristics. There is a notion of shared power here, sharing the power of our lives, the power of our needs. And how that manifests into manifesting the structures and regional centers on a global scale so that we become a global entity. And I want to emphasize what I heard from Dominic, that I really loved - a kind of inclusiveness of everyone. I'll just leave it at there because it would just be repeating what he's saying. There is more, but I'll keep it short.
Valentina Rosenberg - I feel very honored to hear all that I've heard, it really is nurturing my soul, what is alive for me right now from hearing, is that I am deeply learning from our past mistakes within our organization, and if we can continue to be consciously present with the power of love, versus the love of power, I am confident that we can all heartstorm strategies together, to address these issues and concerns from all that have spoken, along with the rest of the network who have the same needs that we all do. And with trust and hope and faith, also confident that we can integrate and nurture the aliveness of our needs for unity, peace and connection with community as one, as what Isolde has mentioned earlier.
Marshall Rosenberg - I like very much what has been beautifully said by others. For example I would like us to make movement towards autonomy and interdependence as an organization, where the local groups and the central coordinating groups are working that out so that people have the power they want. And at another level I would like us to do a much better job at living the process with each other! I hear a lot of pain being expressed as I go around, but it's often not expressed in a way that I see in harmony with our process. And it's not expressed to the person who the person is concerned about. To put in street giraffe - there's an awful lot of badmouthing going around! In jackal, and not real compassionate connection with people who we have something to communicate about.
Gail Taylor - I hear deep global yearning for growth, transparency -- for more stable, predictable, easy structures - for access. My sense matches Robert and Marshall: co-creation, alignment in hearts first as we walk our talk, which organically gives rise to structures that provide easy, predictable access - across all initiatives. Ex: greater access to global trainer certification for autonomy. Ex: greater access (bottom up and top down) for voices to be received and integrated. Ex: more response mechanisms to show where voices were integrated. Ex: easier global access to materials....etc. So I'm grateful to Robert and Marshall for how they spoke to the co-creation and heart-connection that then gives rise to the structures for access.

Questions for tomorrow’s meeting, which focuses on specific strategies.

Strategies - preparing for tomorrow's call

John Buck: This completes the first round of thinking. When we talk tomorrow I would like us to share ideas about how to move forward, with as specific ideas as possible. And my first thought in laying that ground work, is what we are going to do tomorrow. Perhaps the word for tomorrow might be "Strategies". In the half hour that we have left, can we think a little bit more deeply about the theme that I heard most, which was the structure of the movement. What points must our points about strategy cover? And I'm hoping everyone can list them in very short phrases. So for example, if we had a regional center, how would we make it sustainable? And I am not looking for strategy now, but needs.
Dominic Barter: Quickly round up the questions for tomorrow's session?
John Buck: Yes, that's it.
John Buck: The questions focus particularly on regional structure.
Barbara Larson: I was with you until you said have a regional focus...
John Buck: Then let's leave it with: What are the questions for tomorrow.
Barbara Larson: How can we create easy and accessible information sharing systems, like the internet? How can we access and share financial and other resources? And how can we come together and cross-pollinate and share our evolving consciousness? So that it can "live" us.
Irmtraud Kauschat: One of the questions for me is how we can create a community where people also long to contribute financially. And also, how to include people and our vision mission and aim so they really enjoy being with us, and support for example training in different parts of the world. How to create regional centers so it would be joyful for those working at the center, and for those who become members. And this would for me mean to have decision making probability on a regional level, for creating projects and other things that I would like to co-create.
Isolde Teschner: Certification - I would like to have more progress and develop it further. And find the fitting assessors for that task. And to include these issues that we just spoke about, spirituality and social change, and include this in the certification process. And my question is, can we also do this in the regional teams?
Jerry Koch-Gonzalez: I guess for me the core question is about structure and how do we provide structure for the mutual influence between local, regional, international centers, for decision making not just input. And I would add the question to John - gave us an example, I can understand how CNVC have the finances, and how individual trainers, but how do we sustain financially regional centers?
Martine Marenne: For me, when Robert asked us to think about structures, what I see is setting up a system where we honor our shared ideas and protect our shared values. And the second item that I would like to contribute, how are we going to fund the organization, individually, regionally, world wide level, this seems to me to be a key issue.
Miki Kashtan: I'm once again scared, and I want to say in the hope of both helping myself calm down and helping other people hear me with more tenderness, that is my hope. The questions that I want to bring up specifically has to do with - and I am not quite sure how to say this - I am imagining what it is like to be Marshall, to have created this process, to have such a deep desire to make this process available widely, and to have such care for the integrity for which that is done. I imagine - and I draw of my experience of having co-founded much smaller organizations, but I still have some connection with that - that it would be very difficult to trust other people to do that when the other people are not even known. So my questions that I want to consider is, how to do all of this in a way that Marshall can sufficiently relax into letting go. Because unless Marshall trusts what happens, I don't see that a structural transformation can actually materialize. I hope Marshall that you can hear the love and care in what I saying and not criticism because I'm not holding any. And I actually, for my ability to relax, I would like to hear if Marshall is willing to respond if he is hearing any criticism.
Marshall Rosenberg: I am not hearing any criticism, but I'm not clear at all on what you're talking about.
Miki Kashtan: Thank you I am satisfied for the moment.
Dominic Barter: I would like to thank you John and the other people on this call. There are so many different little pieces coming up for me, would like to know if there is some online form where questions can be posed for tomorrow.
John Buck: We will create a separate googledoc, and share with everyone.
Dominic Barter: What kind of support will be needed for the people who will make this decision about going regional, for the people who will live with the disasters and miracles that will come of this.
Anne Bourrit: I don't have much juice during this round, because I would have preferred to stay with what people have said before, and reflect on spontaneous ideas and answers. The only idea that came to my mind is the idea - I would like to see which ways we can imagine in order to help us live more of the process among ourselves than we actually do.
Glenda Mattinson: There was a moment that happened earlier, when I was feeling quite troubled. We are the process we value, value connection as the place to start, and I heard Miki that your need was met but I was not sensing connection in that moment between you and Marshall. And I have been given information that there is a call scheduled between Miki and Marshall, Marshall is that the strategy that you would prefer to create connection with Miki about what you just heard?
Marshall Rosenberg: That is OK.
Glenda Mattinson: My need for connection to this information was not being met, that is the only piece that is alive in me in this moment.
John Buck: That completes the round of people on the call, Dominic can you repeat your vision for the document for that you would like to see developed?
Miki Kashtan: I think I understood what he meant (Dominic dropped from the call). My understanding is that Dominic wanted to have the questions that had already been said and an opportunity to add more questions when people have had more time to reflect, and that this could go into the meeting tomorrow.
John Buck: We'll copy the text that Elin has been typing today into the new google document, and then people can add questions and thoughts in preparation for the meeting tomorrow. Is that your plan?
Dominic Barter: Yes.
John Buck: We won't check out today and but do that tomorrow, but thank you to Elin and Dominic and Nadine for your translations! Great appreciation. That is all for today, we will commence the call at the same time tomorrow.
Dominic Barter: I also want to give thanks to John for the facilitation!

The meeting was convened at 10:00 AM MST

The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 Noon MST

Additional Questions Placed in the googledoc after the meeting

From Gail Taylor

For easier clarity - inviting us to ask questions pulling from outside each of our own "boxes of experience" - 1. Globally, what systems are NVC community groups using now that are working? What are our best practices so far? 2. Outside of the NVC community, on each topic, what structures are already working elsewhere that we might borrow from? 3. How can we best surrender ourselves to the Spirit of the process and allow best strategies to emerge from our heart's vulnerable opening to inspiration, rather than thinking up solutions out of tension? (and with Fun!)

From Robert Gonzales

Before we create or co-create a structure for global organization, how do we identify the elements of this organization? My perspective is that the body of NVC trainers is the primary entity for bringing NVC to the world; how do we create and support ongoing training for trainers, and provide support for the trainer certification process and assessment process?

From Margo Pair

How do we identify the elements of this organization and the different categories within the organization? The first thing that comes to mind is sharing NVC, the second is the organization/circles. How to work together in the spirit of community and not competitiveness?

From Stefan Wisbauer

One of the themes, not surprisingly, was the longing for connection - regional entities. One thing that would be very helpful aside from longer term reflection (do not rush this): there is a need for careful reflection. There would be a lot of practical things we could do in the short term - GCC participation in Board meetings? One of the questions for meeting tomorrow, things we can do quickly to create a connection that everyone is longing for.

From Marshall Rosenberg

How do we identify the elements? I don't know what groups exist. For me, it is very important to follow up the question that was raised this morning: How do we get the people out there more connecting to us? I would like to connect, but I have no idea where we have real functional circles, and less functional circles. Clarifying that would be very helpful to me. Then, we also have another group besides this group, and the local groups: small sects that work together. I don't see them with any particular group, but they are their own team, and I have no idea. I started off this morning mentioning, that when I was called on this at one time because people don't know where I am and how to get hold of me and what role I have. Now there's four or five teams like this. Are they alone? Are they checking with the local groups?

From Valentina Rosenberg===

How can we support one another regarding our communication and connection with decision making along with the clarity and direction we want for our global growth? Are we deeply checking within our hearts the depth of our motives, values, intentions and our caring for one another, especially for our vision and mission? Are we on the same page with all of this? We can definitely put all of this together - lots of wonderful ideas. I would like to understand and have clarity on how that is going to become alive for everyone, clarity of directions, are we on the same page? I heard a lot of strategies and ideas, but I want to be able to connect on a heart level in decision making, priorities, and clarity of direction. Which priorities do we start with, and who, when, why, how many?

From Stefan Wisbauer

Building on Marshall's point, we need this map of the NVC world, including circles, projects, interest groups, and it would be really great tomorrow in that conversation to find smart ways of using online tools and the website, and as soon as possible send a note out to the network: You have a space where you can update and declare that you are a group, join a group, adjunct to that group. It would be self maintaining; that would be such a great thing where so much could flow. That would be critically powerful tomorrow - a big longing that everyone has. How can we create a self maintaining online space to map circles, projects, and interest groups worldwide?

From Marshall Rosenberg

What are you celebrating, that you want to share with others that may be wanting to share the same thing? What isn't working and what is your request in this relationship? I have a newsletter that I would like to share in this type of forum, and ask questions about what people are requesting from us.

From Barbara Larson

(I wish we had an artist creating a picture we could all experience as we speak.. I'm not an artist, but as we spoke this morning, I drew pictures of what I hear emerging, and I imagine others do the same.) It seems to me like what is wanting to emerge is something like Bridget envisioned: a decentralized power- and resource-sharing global network organized around our CNVC mission and vision, and a training/support organization for Marshall. Is that true, and if it is headed in that direction, how can we compassionately and skillfully support that?
If CNVC is evolving into two organizations (Global and Marshall's):
1) Who will make what decisions and how in our global (CNVC) and regional networks/organizations? (Use the Sociocratic model that's developing?)
2) Can we decentralize certification and ground the whole process in what needs does certification meet?
3) Ditto Stefan's question: How can we use the internet for individuals/groups/circles to continually map "what is" in the world of NVC.
4) How can we use the internet to become an accessible, inclusive hub of connection and support sharing of needs, ideas, projects, best practices, requests, celebrations, and resources? (Maybe drawing on the rich "World Project" started a few years ago.)
5) How can we create and share financial and other resources among centers/people aligning with our mission?
6) How can we meet face to face, regionally and globally, to do #3?

From Miki Kashtan

I put in a question last night, and it's gone, as is #5 from Barbara. This is disconcerting. Can someone look into it? I will now try to reconstruct it. My thought was about a way to engage with the "sticky" issues such as regional centers, power sharing, decision making, transparency, etc. The idea is to take one of the topics that has been controversial in the global network and explore it as a case study. I could see one of at least five that would work for this: certification, trainer fees, translation, funding, and materials. The purpose of the engagement would not be necessarily to resolve the issues around the topic itself, but only to serve as a way to get more deeply into the issues. So, for example, if the topic of certification is chosen (my favorite candidate, but any will do), it immediately touches on questions of who decides, with whom, and how; what are the limits of what regional centers can do; how is the network related to the CNVC governance; who has the power to make choices about certification and to carry them out; where is budget going to come from; etc. It's the engagement with the latter questions that I am hoping will take place today, not so much the specific topic. I hope this was clear; I had it better before. Wish us all much success today as we go into our annual fundraiser (the reason Kit and I won't be on the call today).
(Comment to Miki from Elin Skappel: When multiple people edit a google doc at the same time, there is a risk that when someone saves their version it may override other simultaneous contributions. It is a problem that I do not enjoy encountering, and definitely something we want to keep track of when multiple people are contributing at the same time. I am sad that this became an issue in this document. Maybe in the future we would rather use a google spreadsheet for that purpose as there is lower risk of this to become an issue with spreadsheets.)

From Noam (Israel)

I feel excitement and joy being able to bring my words to you.I have heard yesterday a deep need for connection of CNVC and NVC people. I envision the NVC community as an organism with CNVC as the heart of this organism, pumping blood, enabling all the cells to be interconnected with life energy.How can CNVC, become more relevant to people's lives?

One symbolic issue which I recognize in making CNVC perceived by me as unapproachable is manifested in the new feedback form declaring that "We regret that it will not be possible to provide individual responses to input." For me, it means that there is no flow energy, but a one way street. It does not meet my need for communication, acknowledgment or even the simple knowing that my feedback is considered. I wish for more then "every voice heard" - I want deep, meaningful connection with every voice. How can CNVC create such an ongoing meaningful connection with each person wanting to have such a connection?

I recognize that CNVC staff and teams might be overwhelmed. At the same time, I think that if we value connection, we can find strategies for this connection to be created, I would be willing to wait for a few months for a response. I also think that more people would be willing to assist CNVC teams with aggregating feedback and connecting with the feedback creator. How can CNVC harness the need of NVC people to contribute (meeting it at the same time) in order to achieve its goals?

I was moved hearing Miki Kashtan talking about funding and mentoring - training for fledgling NVC groups in other countries. I was thinking of Yinhua Ruan, whom I met visiting China. He recently translated "the language of life" to Chinese. For many months of work he got $1000 which is slightly more then he needs for one month. Yinhua's heart and soul are into spreading NVC in China, and he really needs funding and mentoring in order to establish that and have financial safety for himself and his wife. How can CNVC structure a way for Yinhua, and other people like him to get the support they need in spreading NVC either from CNVC or NVC centers?

From Irmtraud Kauschat

Hi John, as i need to leave right now and won't have internet access and access to an affordable phone tomorrow I want to accept your offer and send you my contibution to tomorrows meeting:
[11/14/2008 2:24:12 PM] irmtraud229 says: - as for Regional Centers: for them to be sustainable the need recognition and trust :from the Board as well as from the NVC community.
[11/14/2008 2:26:17 PM] irmtraud229 says: I imagine the centers being connected with each other on a continental level and the continental centers sending representatives to the board and the board sending coordinators to the continental centers.
[11/14/2008 2:27:41 PM] irmtraud229 says: I imagine the regional centers having power in decision making on their level in harmony and in the range that the global center creates togehter with the continental centers.
[11/14/2008 2:31:32 PM] irmtraud229 says: I imagine that when people have a voice and influence in the "politics" of "their" center - for example to create NVC projects, to support these projects financially, for example to create a certification process which meets their needs for cultural identity and at the same time the frame of the global comunity, they might also be willing to support the organisation financially with more joy
[11/14/2008 2:32:39 PM] irmtraud229 says: These regional centers might be able to raise funds the US based prresent Center would never have access to, so I guess there might be more funds availabe than there are right now.
[11/14/2008 2:35:05 PM] irmtraud229 says: The regional centers might also be able to help language communities grow together and so there would be more power in spreading NVC when we are working togehter with joy.
[11/14/2008 2:36:28 PM] irmtraud229 says: There might be also be partnerships developing between centers in the north of the globe and the south, aslo creating personal connections / firndships between NVCers.
[11/14/2008 2:38:45 PM] irmtraud229 says: I am going to stop here, because I am somewhat tired and have a 2-hours drive ahead of me.


- End Document -