Compassion In Action Outreach
Outreach for Compassion In Action Planning - who's contacting who
- User:John Abbe
- Alaska - Noticed there's an IIT in Yukon in March 2006. I probably won't go, but will make sure some outreach is done there to any folks from Alaska.
- Mississippi - I've sent a few e-mails, nothing back yet...
- Margarita - North and South Dakota, Wisconsin, Minnesota
- Here are the supporters I've contacted so far:
- Cindy Vian, Milwaukee, WI: She will attend the conference as part of the BayNVC Leadership Program. She will join the Compassion In Action Meeting 8 Jan 2006. Her desires around support are:
- Opportunities to talk to other trainers.
- Explore strategies to network with other trainers.
- Support on how to maintain presence when your own old stuff is triggered during trainings.
- Learning how to hold everyone's needs equally in a training.
- Support for working with people in a lot of pain during a training.
- Ann Harrington, Duluth, MN: She will join the Compassion In Action Meeting 18 Dec 2005. She would like to see:
- Phone networks for trainer candidates to discuss issues and teaching techniques or books that support teaching NVC.
- She would like the networks to be regionally based.
- More ease in getting resources and books about NVC.
- Trainer candidate buddies.
- Empathy buddies who hold each other's intentions and visions, and share celebrations and their love of the work.
- Paul Rentz, Sioux Falls, SD: He hopes to attend the conference and will join the Compassion in Action Meeting 18 Dec 2005. His desires around support are:
- More NVC Teleclasses with people experienced in NVC. He would do two teleclasses a week to meet his needs for learning, presence, support and awareness.
- Some sort of support system to help maintain compassion and to refuel on empathy that would meet his need for mutuality and that was affordable.
- Others to share the dream and vision and to celebrate with.
- More materials and resources such as videos and cd's to support the consciousness.
- Wade Britzius, Galesville, WI: He hopes to attend the conference and will join the Compassion in Action Meeting 18 Dec 2005. He is happy to report there is lots of interest in Madison, WI. His desires for support are:
- NVC Teleclasses. They met his needs for community, learning, growth, and inspiration.
- Meetings with other trainer candidates or teachers in the area to exchange teaching experiences.
- Empathy buddies for more individual connections.
- Sharing of marketing ideas and support around handling the business side of teaching.
- I just want to add how much I enjoyed talking to Ann, Cindy, Paul and Wade. When I called them I thought I was doing it to support the NVC USA Project, but as I talked to them and we shared our experiences and our connections developed, I realized I was making these calls to meet my needs for community, celebration, contribution and inspiration! I'm grateful to whoever it was who came up with this idea. --Margarita
- Jane - a few states in the Northeast: NY, NJ, Mass., Conn.
- Rick - Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois
- Judi - Maine, Georgia
NVC folks around the USA: http://cnvc.org/fpnamerica.htm
States with no trainers or supporters signed up: Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Kentucky, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming.
(also see Compassion In Action Invitation, and if you come up with good text while doing outreach, copy it to that page)
For outreach phone calls, let people know that this project and conference exist, and share your own excitement about it. Hopes:
- to develop support for new groups
- connect with each other
- foster learning
- possibly invite them to join phone conferences if they seem excited about the work
- share some of the Compassion In Action Sample Sessions
Feel free to invite people to join this group on our next call.
More about who to reach out to:
Where are the nascent communities? the individuals wanting to build community?
this is a gathering for people who are interested specifically in creating or supporting networks and communities of NVC practitioners.
Focus on outreach also in areas that are most likely to be conservative. Who are the people we know who are conservative and into NVC?
Possible NVC networker people
Kit's brainstorm list:
- Martha Young
- Paul N Dakota
- Boulder people
- Rita Herzog
- Paul Sterling
- Andy Perry
- Duke Duchscherer
- Pat Arcady
Another possibility - Community and network people who may not be so much into NVC but can tell us about community- and network-building? As coach, consultant and/or facilitator? ...in prep for conference, at conference itself, both?
Tree Bressen, Raines Cohen, Rosa Zubizaretta, Lisa Heft, Tom Atlee?