Welcome to the CNVC Leadership Team (LT) section of NVCwiki. The goal of this area is to enable CNVC LT & Board members and others they might select, to edit official documents. It is our hope that two needs may be met in this way. First, the CNVC LT will be able to collaborate on the creation of official documents by using this wiki interface. Second, anyone interested in better understanding CNVC decisions will be able to watch the documents evolve and add their own comments and suggestions in the Public Comment areas.
- Note: This section is now distinct from the CNVC GCC section.
- Tip: Click on "Recent changes" in the left column, or "history" above, to quickly see what's new or modified.
- 1 Draft LT Agenda - December 22 Meeting
- 2 LT Position Descriptions - 12/06
- 3 Board Minutes - December 2006 Meeting
- 4 Board Agenda - December 2006 Meeting
- 5 Marshall's Statement to the NVC network
- 6 LT Minutes - December 8, 2006 Meeting
- 7 LT Agenda - December 8, 2006 Meeting
- 8 LT Minutes - November 15, 2006 Meeting
- 9 LT Agenda - November 15, 2006 Meeting
- 10 Minutes October 21-25, 2006 CNVC LT/Board Conference
- 11 Older Documents - GCC Before LT Creation
- 12 How To Edit
Draft LT Agenda - December 22 Meeting
- 11am PT
- LT positions, responsibilities and remuneration (Valentina).
- Update on organization restructuring review (M&V).
- Presentation of options for LT input (M&V).
- LT functional leader self-funding (MBR).
- IIT and Certification organization and management (MBR).
- Certification to be followed by CT integration with network (MBR).
- Elected Representative from GCC to LT (Jim).
- Review and discussion of reports (below) from Jori & Jim, and Anne & John.
- "ED" roles, responsibilities & support (Orchestrator, office, implementation, etc.).
- Mechanisms for "ED" funding and "authority."
- Title for redefined E.D. (Leadership Coordinator, ??).
LT Position Descriptions - 12/06
Board Minutes - December 2006 Meeting
Attendance: Marshall & Valentine Rosenberg (co-chair), John Wiley (President), Jori Manske (ED) Absent: Stefan Wisbauer (Secretary), Katherine Hahn- Singer (Treasurer) due to travel.
Observers: Danielle Beenders minute taker (CA, USA), John Buck (MA), Jim Manske (Atlanta, GA, USA), William Poehner (Venice, CA, USA), Mary Moore (TN, USA), Elaine Geren (NJ, USA)
Next meeting: January 10, 5AM Seoul. 8PM GMT (London), 2PM EST (New York), 11AM PST (Los Angeles).
DECISION: Regular Board meeting time is changed to 5AM Seoul, 8PM GMT (London), 2PM EST (New York), 11AM PST (Los Angeles). (Board meetings are scheduled for the first 2 digit Wednesday of the month.)
DECISION: William Poehner was sociocractically chosen by the Information Technology Committee (ITC) and the Board to join the LT as the functional leader of the ITC for 6 months until June 2007.
Members of the LT and the Board are asked to review the job descriptions/ responsibilities of the leadership roles on the wiki and edit them in preparation for the next LT meeting. They are available at:
Agenda items for next LT meeting:
- LT positions responsibilities and payment (Valentina).
Jim: happy to hang out. Very pleased to have William on the team.
Danielle: different to be in the observer role again. Proud of my husband and excited about what he be able to bring to the team.
Elaine: inspired, grateful, how you work together warmth, focus and humor and still got stuff done.
William: Scared around work ahead. Excited by the ideas I have that I like to offer and the possibility of growth.
Mary: Excited for William. Happy that sociocracy was used.
Valentina: relief, grateful for my confusion I got clarity, happy I got connected to myself quickly. We working on this since October now we have something concrete. I look forward to our movement. I appreciate Wililamâ€™s patience for the process. I got confirmation [with the choice] when he consented.
Jori: delighted that we are moving forward on something; it is reassuring. Appreciate the ground work done by the IT group, got a quick selection here. I appreciate John for playing devil advocate. I felt more connected. I feel blessed to work with you all. Thank you for your contributions.
Marshall: grateful for Johnâ€™s work.
John: humbled to be in the presence of people I love and respect so much. Feel such warmth for all of you for your contributions, and you contributing to peace in the world. Excited about the outcome of our selection process, because I believe William is an excellent choice. Sad the meeting is over.
Board Agenda - December 2006 Meeting
Jim and Joriâ€™s Report as Coordinators of the GCC
- Mission: To develop and sustain NVC teams/circles contributing to the vision and mission of CNVC
- Aim: NVC teams/circles in every country by 2017
- Next GCC meeting scheduled for 1300 GMT / 8am US Eastern Time / 2pm Central European Time
- Functional leaders of the GCC
- Collaborate with other members of the LT to mutually support all the functional areas identified for the LT for information and feedback
- Work to create a team of functional leaders for the GCC
- Create global NVC Team policies with GCC which work for the LT
- Liaison between LT members and GCC
- Encouraging members of the network to connect with others in their area (or area of interest) for support
- Inspiring and strengthening NVC culture in all NVC organizations through tying the use of the NVC to accomplishing our work
- Provide resource suggestions to facilitate connection (e.g. wiki, yahoo groups, CNVC web infrastructure as it develops, blogs, etc)
- Coaching local and regional leaders in clarifying their outcomes in relation to CNVC's mission, vision, and aims
- Coach and train in organizational skills for developing teams to support learning and development of NVC consciousness, power with relationships, and social change
- Offer Training in mediation and facilitation skills
- Mediate disputes within the network as needed
- Facilitation of meetings as needed
- Funding for Jim and Jori
- Request: $4300 per month plus expenses directly related to functions (eg travel, phone), payable to Peaceworks, contract labor, no employee expenses nor benefits.
- Potential funding sources: We estimate an increased net financial contribution for CNVC
- On the ground Organizer for selected IITs/Special Sessions/Other Trainings in Albuquerque, NM
- 3 IITs planned in NM: avg organizer commission $14K ea = $42K
- Manage book sales @ events (Estimated profit $3k per event = $12K
- Participate as trainers providing community-building support at CNVC trainings (eg: Community, NVC Leadership, Social Change, Practice and Sociocracy).
- Potential savings for CNVC: $3600/IIT
- Community building/fundraising events (Unknown income)
- Facilitating of meetings, coaching, and training in the Network with contributions payable to CNVC (Unknown income)
- Mediate disputes within the Network with contributions payable to CNVC (Unknown income)
- NVC Training /Teleclasses
- Income from Certification Assessments/mentoring (Jim has begun this process in conjunction with Rita-still "in training" (Unknown income)
- Income from Certification in-take incorporating feedback from circles (Unknown income)
- On the ground Organizer for selected IITs/Special Sessions/Other Trainings in Albuquerque, NM
John Wiley's Initial Report on "E.D." Role Analysis
Marshall's Statement to the NVC network
My wife, Valentina, and I would like to share our celebrations with you stimulated by the October CNVC Conference. We celebrated that CNVC now has NVC groups working in 65 countries on every continent and about 1/4 million people per year are receiving our training. We then shared our vision that within the next 10 years we would like to have NVC teams in every country and NVC reaching millions of people through mainstream media outlets.
We want to share with you how touched and celebratory we are feeling at the response of everyone present to this vision. To achieve these two visions we are radically transforming our organization.
- Valentina and I will be leading a Leadership Team, (LT) formalizing what has been our unofficial role.
- We are encouraging all trainers to operate, not on their own, but in association with local NVC circles so that they work together to support the NVC mission. To support this organizing effort, Jim and Jori Manske will focus on building the Global Coordinating Council (GCC).
- We are also taking steps to synergize with other organizations who are also working for a transformation in consciousness.
- We will expand the number of NVC trainers on the CNVC staff to better meet the number of requests for training and ensure continuity of CNVCâ€™s services.
- We are also creating means of making our training available through the media.
With Love and Gratitude, Marshall and Valentina Rosenberg
- Note: this letter was edited slightly for clarity and wiki formatting by John Wiley, CNVC President. The original unedited version will be posted elsewhere.
Deutsch: Nachricht an das Netzwerk von Marshall
Meine Frau, Valentina und ich mÃ¶chten gerne unser Feiern mit Euch teilen, das vom kÃ¼rzlichen Boardmeeting des CNVC in der NÃ¤he von Atanta, Georgia, angeregt wurde. Das Center for Nonviolent Communication hat nun GFK-Gruppen, die in 65 LÃ¤ndern und in jedem Kontinent der Erde arbeiten mit Ã¼ber 1/4 Mio. TeilnehmerInnen an den Trainings, die dort gegeben werden. Beim diesem Boardmeeting haben wir Ã¼ber unsere Visionen gesprochen: dass wir innerhalb der nÃ¤chsten 10 Jahre GFK-Teams in jedem Land der Erde haben und dass die Gewaltfreie Kommunikation Millionen Menschen durch die Haupt-Medien (mainstream media outlets) erreicht.
Wir mÃ¶chten mit Euch teilen, wie berÃ¼hrt und voller Dankbarkeit wir uns fÃ¼hlen durch die Reaktionen von allen, die diese Vision teilen. Um diese beiden Visionen erreichen zu kÃ¶nnen, werden wir unsere Orgnaisation grundsÃ¤tzlich verÃ¤ndern.
Valentina und ich werden ein Leading Team (LT) fÃ¼hren, dadurch werden wir nun formell das tun, was bisher unsere inoffizielle Rolle war.
Wir ermutigen alle TrainerInnen, nicht mehr alleine zu wirken, sondern zusammen mit den lokalen GFK-Kreisen, damit sie zuammenarbeiten, um die Mission der Gewaltfreien Kommunikation zu unterstÃ¼tzen.
Damit die organisatorischen BemÃ¼hungen vorangehen, werden sich Jori und Jim Manske darauf konzentrieren, das Global Coordinating Council (GCC) aufzubauen.
Wir werden auch Schritte unternehmen, um Synergien mit anderen Organisationen zu erreichen, die auch auf eine BewusstseinsÃ¤nderung hinarbeiten.
Wir werden die Anzahl der GFK-TrainerInnen in der CNVC-Belegschaft erhÃ¶hen, um den vielen Anfragen nach Trainings besser nachkommen zu kÃ¶nnen und um den Fortbestand der CNVC-Dienste abzusichern.
Wir werden auÃŸerdem Wege finden, unsere Trainings durch die Medien verfÃ¼gbar zu machen.
- In Liebe und Dankbarkeit
- Marshall und Valentina Rosenberg
LT Minutes - December 8, 2006 Meeting
Attending: John Wiley, Jori and Jim Manske, Danielle Beenders, Katherine Singer (joined half way), Stephen Wisbauer and Anne Wiley (joined the check out).
Observers: John Buck and Barbara Rinaldi (left half way).
The LT will meet again: Friday., Dec. 22: 11am PT, 2pm ET, 8pm GMT, 5am Seoul
Next board meeting NOTE NEW TIME: Thurs., Dec. 14: 1:30:00 GMT, 10:30AM Seoul, 7:00AM Pune, Wed. Dec 13 5:30PM PT
Discussion on Barbara's LT structure proposal.
DECISION: LT will try it out a the next meeting and have a 15 minute review discussion on what worked and did not work during the meeting.
Who is on the legal board? Based on the notes of the October 21-25 meeting the following people are on the Board for a 6 month term (starting October): Marshall & Valentina Rosenberg, John Wiley (President), Stefan Wisbauer (Vice-president, Secretary) Katherine Singer (Treasurer) Jori Manske (Executive Director)
John Buck advises to have outsiders on this board.
DECISION: Add IT coordinator to the LT for 6 months with selection process at the Board meeting.
Agenda items for the next board meeting:
- Who is on the board?
- Have sociocratic selections for leaders on the LT including IT, Media, Fundraising, Administration and Training coordinators.
Jori: Thrilled, sense of movement can happen when I got in touch with being able to make a proposal. Happy we all were here to do this. John Wiley thank you for facilitating; it is gift to me.
John Buck: I called in to get reconnect. I look forward to the use of the new format. I would like more clarity on the organizational model.
Danielle: Excited about how sociocracy gives us the tool to move things forward by being able to make a proposal.
Jim: Happy for the sense of movement and flow.
Anne: just got here a couple minutes ago. I hear celebration and am curious to find out what it is about. Blessings to all.
John W: I am glad to have John Buck on the call. Thank you for your contributions John. Celebrating Jori & Jim for holding the organization. Thank you for your contributions. I am so happy to participate in this organization. Happy to dance with you all.
Katherine: I just woke up when I joined the call. Dealing with visa for India. Thank you Jori and Jim for all your work.
Stefan: Hi, glad to hear your voices, I got confused did not know the call was happening.
LT Agenda - December 8, 2006 Meeting
LT Minutes - November 15, 2006 Meeting
LT Agenda - November 15, 2006 Meeting
Minutes October 21-25, 2006 CNVC LT/Board Conference
- Note: A major decision at this meeting was redefining LT, Board and GCC.
Older Documents - GCC Before LT Creation
How To Edit
Once LT/Board members have logged in they can click "edit" in one of these "Protected" areas on the right margin of the section they're interested in. This opens an editing window. Next, scroll down in the text inside the edit box to add your comments or make changes.
Anyone (not just LT/Board members) can edit on the discussion ("Talk") page for each section, without the need to log in first.
If you change your mind about editing, just click "Cancel" at the bottom of the page. To see what your edit will look like before you save it, click "Show preview" at the bottom of the page (note that you'll then probably need to scroll down the main page to see the edit box, which itself has a scroll bar).
For more information, see the Help page on this wiki.