Difference between revisions of "CNVC Board"

From NVCWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(<B>(1:30 ) Administrative matters </b>)
(Agenda for June 11, 2008 Board Meeting)
Line 35: Line 35:
 
Wednesday, June 11, starting at 19:15 GMT/UTC (1:15pm Albuquerque), teleconference <br>
 
Wednesday, June 11, starting at 19:15 GMT/UTC (1:15pm Albuquerque), teleconference <br>
 
1.712-432-1600; code 825078#<br>
 
1.712-432-1600; code 825078#<br>
<B><U>NOTE MEETING DOES NOT START UNTIL 15 MINUTES AFTER THE HOUR</u></b>
+
<B><U>NOTE: MEETING DOES NOT START UNTIL 15 MINUTES AFTER THE HOUR</u></b>
 
===<B> (1:15pm ABQ; 19.15 UTC) Check-in </b> ===
 
===<B> (1:15pm ABQ; 19.15 UTC) Check-in </b> ===
  

Revision as of 18:59, 10 June 2008

Welcome to the CNVC Board section of NVCwiki. The goal of this area is to enable CNVC Board members and others they might select, to edit official documents. It is our hope that two needs may be met in this way. First, the CNVC Board will be able to collaborate on the creation of official documents by using this wiki interface. Second, anyone interested in better understanding CNVC decisions will be able to watch the documents evolve and add their own comments and suggestions in the Public Comment areas. CNVC Board and CNVC LT sections of this wiki until recently were combined due to extensive overlap, but are now maintained separately.

Note: This section is now distinct from the CNVC LT and CNVC GCC sections.
Tip: Click on "Recent changes" in the left column, or "history" above, to quickly see what's new or modified.

Contents

Board Teleconferences

Regularly scheduled meetings

  • First double-digit Wednesday of each month (Note: subject to change)
    • 1900 UT/GMT - 1:00pm Albuquerque NM; 12:00 noon AZ and West Coast; 21.00 (9 pm)Paris and Western Europe

NOTE EXCEPTION: THE JUNE 11 MEETING WILL BEGIN AT 1:15PM ALBUQUERQUE TIME - 1915 UT/GMT

  • NEW US Dial-n Number: +1.712-432-1600;
  • Participant Access Code: 825078#
  • NEW European Dial-in Numbers:
    • Austria: 0820 4000 1552
    • Belgium: 070 35 9974
    • France: 0826 100 256
    • Germany: 01805 00 76 09
    • Ireland: 0818 270 021
    • Italy: 848 390 156
    • Netherlands: 9004 353 535
    • Spain: 902 886025
    • Switzerland: 0848 560 179
    • UK: 0870 35 204 74
  • Free Conference Play Back
    • Playback Number, US: +1.641.715.3416
    • Access Code: 825078#

Observer Request for Board meetings

We ask non-Board members to reserve any comments until the time we have set aside for feedback (up to 15 minutes toward the end of the meeting) from Observers who have honored us with their presence. We may also include other times for feedback, as our need for that arises and when there is sufficient time to listen to and address those comments.

Please press 6 to mute and unmute your line during the call.


Agenda for June 11, 2008 Board Meeting

Wednesday, June 11, starting at 19:15 GMT/UTC (1:15pm Albuquerque), teleconference
1.712-432-1600; code 825078#
NOTE: MEETING DOES NOT START UNTIL 15 MINUTES AFTER THE HOUR

(1:15pm ABQ; 19.15 UTC) Check-in

(1:30) Administrative matters

- Observer policy
- Announcements
- Acceptance of minutes of May 14, 2008 Board meeting
- Acceptance of agenda for today

(1:35) Content

  • (1:35) Financial report (Valentina & Margo)
  • (1:45) Communications Coordinator Position Update (Marshall, Margo & Valentina)
  • (2:00) New Board members (Margo)
  • (2:15) Hiring Update (Margo)
o Bookkeeping Department
o Hiring: office manager
o Selection committee for Media Coordinator
  • (2:30) Update on Education Services Department (Marshall & Valentina)
  • (2:45) Update of time line established in the February 2008 Board meeting (Margo)
Timeline - 1 year
* Jan - Mar, 2008: Publish new website, hire office manager, Certification restarted? Marshall's Article/WIGOApr
* Apr-Jun, 2008: Hire Grant Writer, Communication Committee Report, 3 New Board Members Added, Hiring Web Content Mngr., 2nd Staff Trainer hired, First expanded LT Forum, Timeline for WIGO Project
* Jul - Sep, 2008: Hire Media Coordinator, Hire Public Relations person, Marshall/Valentina in Europe, First Evolution Committee Meeting, Assessor's Training in Europe, Completion of Working WIGO model
* Oct - Dec, 2008: In person Board Meeting, Website upgrade per Network Input, Start Marshall's Media Initiative (Podcasts, interacting with other communities for NVC education)
Timeline - 5 years
* 2009: Bring on Synergy Coordinator, Options for own building defined, Hire 3rd Staff Trainer
* 2010: Building Lease ends (Mid-year), Start Certifying Organizations, First formal alliances with other Peace-making Organizations
* 2011: Peace Center opens
* 2012: CNVC on each populated continent/ de-centralized certification

(3:00) Check out

(3:15) End meeting

Minutes of Meeting of May 14, 2008

CNVC Board Minutes 05/14/2008 Meeting

In attendance

Board Members: Robert Gonzales John Wiley Valentina Rosenberg Margo Pair Marshall Rosenberg Jori Manske Gail Taylor Absent: Stefan Wisbauer

Facilitator: John Buck

Observers: Susan Livingston (Virginia, USA) Mair Alight (California, USA) Doug Johnson (Arkansas, USA) Faith Landey (Georgia, USA)

Recorder: Jason Mills

Administrative Matters

Announcements: (Margo) CNVC is currently interviewing bookkeeping candidates. Our prior bookkeeper was unable to return to work due to a family emergency.

Action Item: Schedule of board meetings: Proposed to keep board schedule as is, except for July (9 or 23) and December meetings. One member had problem with proposed dates. Margo handling offline.

November meeting in person—Nov. 13-16 in Albuquerque, NM, USA.

Acceptance of Minutes of April 23 Meeting: Minutes adopted with corrections.

Welcome & Discussion w/ potential new board members

Gail Taylor accepted an invitation to possibly become a board member. Per our request for any questions from Gail, she asks: What would other board members like to know about me? What would be the hopes and expectations from a new board member?

The board responded that each board member has differing responsibilities within the organization, so each board member answered individually.

Marshall: What are you doing now in terms of getting the NVC process out? Gail: Integrating NVC as one of six main pillars of “The Integrated Approach,” a method she uses in her coaching business. Because of this work, she was asked to spend a year with Integral Institute and Ken Wilbur. Spoke about NVC at 2004 International Coach Federation conference. Has been certifying coaches in her methods and branching out into online venues. Getting NVC to a more global customer base.

Marshall: He couldn’t be more excited, especially the connection to Ken Wilbur. CNVC needs people with broad awareness of other programs to integrate with NVC and he has always been impressed with her organizational skills. He asks, are you worried about the time commitment?

Gail: She is not worried; she only work four hours a week, and has plenty of time to offer to NVC. She would be willing to offer more than required if there were other little tasks to accomplish.

Marshall: He would like Gail to offer a course so he could get his workload down to four hours per week.

Gail: She would be delighted to offer that.

Valentina: How does she sign up for the time class?

Gail: View www.iwantmorebalance.com

Valentina: She viewed Gail’s web page and enjoyed her attitude of compassionately connecting with others, especially with the coaching. She’s also interested in Gail’s time schedule, and excited to learn how to work 4 hours a week. If she has additional questions, she will send an email to Gail or Margo.

Gail: She has no further questions for Valentina at the moment. She asked for contact information for additional questions. Margo will be happy to provide information.

John W.: He’s excited to hear ease, energy and sparkle that Gail brings. He wonders if Gail is aware of reorganization of CNVC that began a few years ago. Have you seen any documentation of the leadership team?

Gail: She has spoken with Stefan and seen old minutes and details about integration of sociocracy. She has not received many updates in the last month or two.

John W.: Asked in terms of her own vision, any more or less she would like to see CNVC doing?

Gail: She doesn’t know anything, but in terms of project implementation, no ideas. She has heard many stories and interpretations, some challenges with regard to movement and structures and processes for growth, and has concerns about current processes for expansion and depth of connection. She would like more information before expanding on ideas. No further questions, but would really like to have contact information for John W.

Jori: Enjoying getting to know Gail. What does she want to bring to CNVC? Gail: Doesn’t know enough yet about the needs of the board or CNVC, but has a big ego about all of her skills and talent. She is committed to supporting CNVC and bringing NVC consciousness into the world at large.

Jori: Any questions for me?

Gail: She would like to get to know Jori better.

Margo: She is looking for someone with a far richer understanding of NVC than she has—she considers herself a novice—and mixing that with a business that operates with integrity and operates in a way to nurture CNVC’s vision, mission, and aim. She wants strategic planning to help nurture vision and keep integrity with the business. One of her largest areas of concern is setting up an infrastructure for communication in an effective, timely, and joyful way. NVC has flourished, and the hardest problem is identifying who, how, and through what avenues to share information. Having the assistance of another business minded person for other options is important, along with a curiosity and ability to stretch boundaries. Any other questions?

Gail: She is grateful to hear depth of care and integrity. She might want to ask more questions offline.

Robert: He appreciated the ownership for what Gail doesn’t know, and her stating what she really needed was more information. Robert joined not knowing a lot and hearing many things 2nd or 3rd hand. He came in with a lot of questions he’d like to share. She has a number of skills and knowledge around organizational structure. The most important thing for any board member is the ability to consciously hold a vision and have that vision hold the highest level of priority. Also hold that vision in the context of what you can contribute to the organizational structure, and the ability to live that vision in her role as a board member. Does Gail have any response?

Gail: She feels both confident and proud of her skills and also humble. She wants her participation to be a gift to the board and the world, but also a gift to herself. She wants to embody her values in her gift to CNVC.

Robert: He would like to create a time in private to share experiences.

John B.: Asked if the board would like to make a proposal at this time to ask Gail to join the board.

Objections:

Proposal accepted with the understanding of a three month trial period.

Gail: Accepted the nomination with great gratitude and eagerness, and she is looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next three months.

Action Item: Robert agreed to work with Gail in her orientation to the CNVC board.


Financial Report

(Margo): Draft minutes with financial statements were distributed with the agenda for today’s meeting.

These are through the first quarter only. Still working on April due to family emergency with bookkeeper. Currently interviewing for new bookkeeper.

Total income has increased by 3.13%. Reduction in operating expenses in the following categories; rent, telephone, fund raising, and equipment rental, attributed to a decrease of 38.12% of total expenses compared to the same time last year.

Floor opened for questions: None.

Report on 2008 Certification Program Assessment Training & update on cert. process

(Marshall and Valentina): At this time, they have no new items. They are still working on receiving names for the NVC Certification Assessment Training in Stuttgart, Germany. They are continuing to get responses for training in the US in October, 2008. They don’t have many answers other than they are continuing to work to connect with current assessors’ questions and concerns.

Floor opened for questions: Nature of assessment training, curriculum, etc. Marshal working on training and curriculum. They are open for suggestions and feedback from previous assessors.

No further questions.

No further information from Valentina. If more comes up, she will contact through email or will provide at the next meeting in June. They are very busy with developing training material.

Question from an observer: Any updates or reports for those ready to be announced as certified trainers?

They have enjoyed announcing a few recently certified trainers, but would prefer not to give a concrete date for announcing others in the near future.

No further questions from observers.

Communications Committee Progress Report

(Robert): Robert asked that the proposal provided for review at the last board meeting be discussed and adopted or declined.

The proposal was discussed and amendments proposed: 1. That it be a paid position. 2. That there be a minimum of a 6 and 12 month review. 3. That it is combined with the GCC coordinator position. 4. That CNVC and the GCC are to locate additional funding outside the organization for the position.

An objection was made that facilitation skills be added to the description. All coordinator positions should be skilled in facilitation. Add parenthetically at I. B. 1. “including group facilitation.”

  • The proposal was accepted with amendments as follows:
    • 1. That it be a paid position.
    • 2. That it have a minimum of a 6 and 12 month review.
    • 3. That it be in conjunction with GCC Coordinator duties, with one person to assuming the responsibilities of both roles, with reviews as to effectiveness.
    • 4. That CNVC and the GCC are to locate additional funding outside the organization to fund the position.
    • 5. That “including group facilitation” be added parenthetically to I. B. 1.

I. Communication Coordinator position.

Overall job of coordinating the flow of communication within the organization and between the organization and the community.

  • A. Roles and responsibilities:
    • 1. Leadership Team Member
    • 2. Creates and facilitates a Communication Circle
    • 3. Clarifies, implements and revises a Communication Policy for recommendation to the Board
    • 4. Provides an observer from the Communications Circle to the Board
    • 5. Monitors that the Communication Policy is implemented in each CNVC circle, including that decisions of each meeting are shared
    • 6. Obtains proposed agenda items before each CNVC circle meeting
    • 7. A paid position with a minimum of a 6 and a 12 month review
    • 8. In conjunction with GCC Coordinator duties
  • B. Skills:
    • 1. NVC Certified Trainer with well integrated NVC skills and consciousness (including group facilitation)
    • 2. Organizational experience and background in a variety of information systems
    • 3. Skilled in written communication.

II. Communication Policy recommendations:

  • A. Pre-decision input (from NVC community)
    • 1. Who is included for input is defined by the context of the specific issue/topic being addressed and who is involved or affected by the decision.
    • 2. Needs, strategies, and any tentative proposal will be shared with the community segment involved or affected before final decision is made
  • B. Post decision feedback (to and from NVC Global Network)
    • 1. Whenever there is a decision made by any circle or an individual in any circle in the CNVC structure, someone from the circle making the decision communicates this decision to anyone in the community to whom it is relevant.
    • 2. Observations and needs will be included in feedback.
  • C. Create a mechanism or system to facilitate and implement the communication policy.
    • 1. Determine and communicate whether and how responses to feedback will be addressed
    • 2. Create a system of periodic review
    • 3. Explore the strategy of a creation of the WIGO (What Is Going On) Project, enabling ongoing overview of activities, needs, geographic and topic areas.

Action item follow up

Hiring: Office Manager and Bookkeeper

Postponed due to time constraints of the meeting.

Selection committee for Media Coordinator

Margo requests input from board members on who could work on the committee to define the skills, experience, and duties of the media coordinator, and assist with being on the search committee.

Action Item: Margo is requesting input from Board Members. She will send an email to remind the board for feedback.

Other items

John B. asked for other topics that might need to be covered during this meeting that were not present on the agenda.

Margo asked if the board needed to vote for another vice president or is John W. willing to continue for an additional month?

John W. and the board agreed to extend his term as Vice President for an additional month, and John W. agreed to continue fulfilling the responsibilities of the Vice President position.

No further business.

Closing Round

  • Susan: She is celebrating the work that has been done, and looking forward to next time.
  • Jason: He requested the last names of all the observers.
  • Doug: He would like to email comments to Margo, and also asked who has responsibility for finding funding for comm. coordinator.
  • John B.: He stated that he is pleased with decision on comm. coordinator. He also reminded everyone that it helps to get into the conference a few minutes early.
  • Gail: She was delighted about the process of the board meeting and thanked John for his facilitation. She is grateful and excited about her segue into board culture and thankful for the board’s confidence. She is grateful to support the board and her chance for three month trial period.
  • Robert: He regretted being late to meeting, and was pleased with decision on policy and program. He is hopeful on the new communications policy and pleased that everyone else is onboard.
  • Margo: She has a sense of connectedness and a calming joy of what has been accomplished today. She appreciates the effort and time people have put into to make decisions. She also feels camaraderie and appreciation of the board, and is looking forward to working with Gail.
  • John W.: He is filled with appreciation, especially to the people who take time to join and participate with call, Robert for communications policy and recommendation, and Gail for her willingness to serve on the board and accenting facilitation skills in new position and theme of working in circles.
  • Jori: She is happy with the facilitation and communication in the meeting, and she has a sense of moving forward. She appreciates the note taker, and that the communications coordinator is moving forward and she has hope in the amount of contribution that person will give to CNVC. She is happy that the new board member, Gail, and has already brought things to add to meeting. She also thanks *John W. for hanging on and supporting organization, and also thanks the observers.
  • Marshall: Said he enjoyed having the meeting done and Robert’s proposal.
  • Valentina: She is celebrating with great joy the effort put out today: John’s facilitations, proposal for communications coordinator, and the feeling of moving forward. She celebrates the “bubbliness” of Gail as music to her heart. She is pleased with John W. continuing to support CNVC. She thanked the note taker and observers, and thanked Margo for all her hard work.

Meeting concluded at 3:20pm MDT.

Recorded By: Jason Mills

Original Agenda for Wednesday, May 14, 2008 Board Meeting

Wednesday, April 23, starting at 19:00 GMT/UTC (1:00pm Albuquerque), teleconference
1.712-432-1600; code 825078#
NOTE: THIS AGENDA IS ALSO AVAILABLE AT: [1]. ANY LAST MINUTE UPDATES WILL BE REFLECTED AT THIS SITE.

(1:00pm ABQ; 19.00 UTC) Check-in

(1:15 ) Administrative matters

- Observer policy
- Announcements
- Acceptance of minutes of April 23 Board meeting
- Acceptance of agenda for today

(1:20) Content

  • (1:20) Welcome and discussion with potential new Board members
  • (1:50) Financial report (Valentina & Margo)
  • (2:00) Report on 2008 Certification Program Assessment Training & update on certification process (Marshall)
  • (2:15) Communications Committee progress report (Robert)
  • (2:30) Action item follow up (Margo)
o Hiring: office manager, bookkeeper
o Selection committee for Media Coordinator
o Other items

(2:45) Check out

(3.00) End meeting

Minutes of April 23, 2008 Board Meeting

In Attendance:

Board Members Present: Absent: Robert Gonzales Jori Manske John Wiley Valentina Rosenberg Margo Pair Marshall Rosenberg

Observers: Mercedes Frace (Florida, USA) Susan Livingston (Virginia, USA) Paul Jeff Brown (Missouri, USA) Jim Manske (New Mexico, USA) Pierre-Marie Lamielle (France) Jan Carel Van Dorp (Netherlands)

Facilitator: John Buck

Recorder: Susan Yelton

Opening Round:

Group Check-in Acceptance of January 15, 2008 minutes Agenda accepted with the following changes: remove SEP, add employee health insurance benefits.

Discussion

  • Financial Report (Margo):

Total Income has increased by 3.13%. Reduction in operating expenses in the following categories: rent, telephone, fund raising, and equipment rental attributed to a decrease by 38.12% of total expenses compared to the same time last year.

  • Action Item:

The Board has approved $400,000 for the Board Treasurer and President to work with the Administrative Director (Margo) in making long term investments. Investment criteria should include social investments and examination of the possibility of real estate for CNVC.

  • Discussion:

Proposal to have included in the May 14, 2008 meeting agenda “Prospective Board Members” meet and greet.

Certification Program and Assessor Report (Marshall)

Marshall received names of NVC Certified Trainers who assessors are recommending to attend our upcoming Certification Program Training—one in Germany in July 2008 and one in New Mexico, USA in October 2008. The recommendation list is being used to review and choose whom to send invitations.

Robert asked who is getting Yahoo e-mails and responding to regarding the certification process. Valentina shared Dee reads and responds to e-mails received through our website or sent directly to her, Marshall, Margo, or Valentina for questions or concerns on the certification program. She also said that only the Yahoo groups are used to post announcements.

Marshall is appreciative to all applying for certification and that have been waiting patiently, the hard work of the certification team in trying to work though the issues and needs that were unmet and caused the certification process to be paused, and he looks forward to improvements in the communication process in certification issues in the future that would make the process easier in the future.

  • Decision: The group consented on the summary of discussion of minutes.
  • Group discussion identified the communications issue of whom, how, and when CNVC communicates, deferred to communication ad hoc committee.

Communication Committee Report (Robert)

The report has just been e-mailed to Board Members for their review. Robert was unsure on how long the Board had to read the minutes, and was unsure on how thoroughly the Board wished to discuss it in the meeting. The committee is requesting all board members to read thoroughly and to discuss the function of the committee.

In previous board meetings it was discussed how communication needs were not being met on all levels or in all areas. The ad hoc committee was created with Robert Gonzales as chair, and including committee members John Wiley, Jori Manske, and Margo Pair. The committee identified major needs—one was for effective communication within the CNVC government and network that was in harmony with NVC and its aim. A statement of purpose was created to reflect CNVC mission and aim to expand on its communication policy. Part of this is to propose strategies and what information is communicated and to whom. Also to develop an infrastructure that includes all people, regardless of how they are connected to CNVC.

Three primary areas of recommendation: 1. A Communication Coordinator position within the CNVC organization that is also the Leadership Team representative of the Communication Team. 2. Pre-decision input from community and post decision feedback. Who and what is included for input and/or feedback is still to be defined. 3. Define and create the system infrastructure to facilitate and implement policy.

  • Action Item:

Robert requests input and comments from board members by May 2nd for committee to review before the next board meeting, and for it to be included as an agenda item.

Employee Health Insurance (Valentina and Margo)

Discussion: Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, and vision insurance costs increased 5.9% from last policy year premiums. Average increase for New Mexico business is 11%, with a national average increase of 13%.

  • Recommendation:

CNVC continue to offer the same insurance coverage as in 2007 to its employees. Blue Cross Blue Shield 2007 annual cost was $41,200.96. CNVC received a 5.9% increase in premium, which is far less than the New Mexico business average of 11%. The 2008 premium is $43,631.81.

Prior Year New Quote Comparison Difference $41,200.96 $43,631.81 5.9% $2,430.85

All consented.

Office Manager Hiring Committee Report (Margo)

The job description was revised and advertised through the Albuquerque Journal newspaper, Craigslist, and the CNVC Trainers, Certification Candidates, and Friends of NVC Yahoo groups. 32 applications were received by the committee, and of those 6 were interviewed. From those 6, two were chosen to invite for a second interview. One candidate accepted an invitation for a second interview but cancelled because she accepted another position. The 2nd candidate was interviewed which clarified for the committee a lack in skills and experience to provide the bookkeeping and daily operational systems development needed.

The committee is currently advertising going through the selection process again.

Training and Mediation Team (Marshall)

John Kinyon has joined the Training and Mediation Team. The team is working with John to co-develop this area of CNVC. Please review the additional information of this team on our website. In the future an additional trainer will be invited to join the team, once the team has a clearer understanding and review the outcomes. As the Educational Services Director, Marshall sees the decision as to who is on the team as his decision, that he will be the one choosing the person, but he is open to feedback.

Check Out:

Next meeting scheduled for May 14, 2008. Respectfully submitted by: Susan Yelton, Recorder

Original agenda

Wednesday, April 23, starting at 19:00 GMT/UTC (1:00pm Albuquerque), teleconference
1.712-432-1600; code 825078#
NOTE: THIS AGENDA IS ALSO AVAILABLE AT: [2]. ANY LAST MINUTE UPDATES WILL BE REFLECTED AT THIS SITE. Proposed agenda - please add any additional items:

(19.00 UTC) Check-in (19.15) Administrative Matters

  • Observer policy
  • Announcements
  • Acceptance of minutes of February 21-24 in-person meeting
  • Acceptance of agenda for today

Content

  • (19.20) Financial report (Margo)
  • (19.30) Proposal: special meeting with potential board members and &/or talk with them in the May 13 session.
  • (19.55) Update on certification process (Marshall)
  • (20.10) Celebration of new website; new features (Margo/William)
  • (20.18) Communications Committee progress report (Robert)
  • (20.25) Other key action items from February meeting
- SEP information (Margo) (to be voted on)
- Hiring: office manager, second staff trainer
- New assessor training
- Selection committee for Media Coordinator

(20.45) Check out (21.00) End meeting

March 12, 2008 Board Meeting has been canceled

Minutes of February 21-24, 2008 CNVC Board Meeting

02/21-24/2008 Albuquerque, New Mexico Meeting

  • In Attendance:
  • Board Members: Robert Gonzales, Marshall Rosenberg, Margo Pair, Valentina Rosenberg, Jori Manske, John Wiley (by phone), Stefan Wisbauer (by phone, 2/23 only)
  • Facilitator: John Buck
  • Observers: Danielle Beenders, Abby Wells, Jeff Tretsven, Todd Hiermeier, Kristina Lee (note taker)

Thursday, February 21st

  • Present: Robert, Marshall, Valentina, Jori, Margo, John B., Kristina
  • By Phone: John W
  • Observers: Danielle, Jim, Abbey
  • Discussion
  • Financial Report: Margo and Valentina
  • Review of calendar year 2007 Balance sheet and Profit and Lost Statement. International Intensive Training (IIT) trainings and workshops are the majority of our revenues. Additional revenue comprise of educational materials sales and Certified Trainer Renewal Fees.
  • · Low liability, excellent credit rating.
  • · Salary & Benefits, at end of section. Center has policy to provide retirement plan, Discussion of Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) plan policy from Employee Handbook. Reviewed 2007 annual salaries paid (include overtime compensation). 2006 plan year board approved 6% of wages paid.
    • Append 2007 Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Report
  • Action Item
    • Margo to obtain SEP information and provide board with a proposal, to be voted on before next board meeting.
  • Discussion
  • Translation of NVC Documents Report: Margo
  • The top 5 CNVC business informational pages for the new website have been identified and will be or are in the process of being translated into German, French and Spanish. The pages cover the following topics:
    • About NVC, Vision, Mission, Aim and Brief History
    • What is NVC
    • Learn NVC
    • Sharing NVC
    • How to find a training, trainer or local supporter
    • The revised CNVC Trainer Renewal documents will be or are in the process of being translated into German, French.
    • Letter to CNVC Certified Trainer
    • 2008 CNVC Certified Trainers Agreement
    • Trainer Report and Trainer Agreement Checklist
    • Instruction for posing report on CNVC website
    • 2007 Commission Fee Form
    • Translation policies to address, which documents would lead them selves for translation.
    • Global Community Circle (GCC) language team of people with the ITC and Admin. Team are working together in asking questions to develop a policy and testing a process to see how identified documents/correspondents are being translated with an NVC knowledge base within a timely fashion. Many within the NVC community have come forward volunteering their services in support of our global network.
  • Action Item
    • Admin Team and GCC to develop a translation policy for recommendation to the board.
  • Discussion
  • Status of Certification: Marshall and Valentina
    • An assessor training is being offered this summer in Germany. Certification will be reopened in Germany when we have those who can provide the service by successfully completing the training. If we haven't heard from Isolde within one week Marshall will go ahead and schedule the training in Germany.
    • Proposal of Admin Team – open certification for candidates who are and have been ready for final assessment and those already taken final assessment, in all areas except Germany. Rita is connecting with assessors to obtain information on who fits this category and how many this will effect.
    • Rita has provided a proposal to increase the fees and the prerequisite hours for registration. Marshall will be requesting feedback directly from assessors requesting the needs for change in fees and hours.
    • Topic being examined –
    • Integrity of program
    • What support if any would the assessors enjoy
    • Trainer renewal fees, distribution of fees
    • Responsibilities of Registration Coordinators
    • Proposed increase in registration and assessment fees
    • How to improve and increase support to people in developing countries,
    • Examine reasons for proposed increase in hours
    • When would a candidate sit for assessment
  • Decision
  • Regarding reopening certification for registered certification candidates: The Board recommends to the Director of Educational Services:
    • Fees not be raised for currently registered candidates
    • Offer option to candidates to pay the higher fees contributing to the assessors as well as supporting candidates who do not have the funds
    • Reopening Germany is not part of this decision at this time.
  • Request
    • Robert requests that the Director of Educational Services to provide an update to Board about progress of certification policies after each meeting.
  • Discussion
  • Leadership Team - Margo
    • Leadership Team (LT) has been meeting regularly every two weeks.
    • Meeting minutes will soon be availability via CNVC's website.
    • Each team are developing their orientation package information, and are incorporating the communication guidelines.
    • First LT forum will be schedule before the end of April 2008.
  • Discussion
  • CNVC Staff Trainers – Marshall and Valentina
    • John Kinyon has joined CNVC serving as a CNVC Staff Trainer (position title to be reviewed)
    • Scheduling of workshops and trainings is our next step
    • We would like a woman to join the CNVC Staff Trainer team as the second staff trainer; hiring is in progress.
  • Discussion
  • Grant Writer Status- Margo
    • Recently contacted someone to be on Selection Committee
    • Selection Committee to be formed to assist to with defining criteria, job description and selection
    • Currently looking for those that would be interested in being on the Selection Committee.
  • Action Item
    • Continue with process.
  • Discussion
  • Admin Team Experience
    • Margo feels supported by Valentina and Marshall as well as feeling individual freedom
    • Network has grown fast and the CNVC support structure is catching up. We are indentifying and implementing an infrastructure help support CNVC’s growth?
    • How do we know who is involved in what? Website will help define member's involvement.
    • In collaboration with the Leadership Team Coordinators we are beginning to build an infrastructures which can be maintained and duplicated with ease.
    • Ability to have information, data and history providing continuity in each area in order to manage daily business a key concern, and continues to be addressed. Reviewing and revising operational procedures, with staff and reviewing electron files.
    • Marshall: How much time is being put into this by Margo and Valentina? Feels that more time is available for him and that Margo and Valentina are taking care of issues until he is needed.
    • Valentina: Appreciates that the three of them can call each other and feel comfortable sharing disagreements. Difficult reading technical documents. Need someone to write letters without questioning or apprehension. Valentina, not comfortable holding meetings unless Margo is present.
    • Issues may comes up were action must be taken quickly in order to avoid more complications.
    • Not as effective as they could be, in the process of setting up structure allowing more time and energy to address complicated situations past and present.
    • Marshall is very clear about what he wants to be involved with and what he does not.
    • John W wants to revisit having a communication director, moving forward on structural changes
    • The Admin team is diligent that if there is a conflict of interest they will say so and recues themselves as needed. We hope that all teams will follow this policy.
    • Robert has concerns getting assistance for the Admin Team and communication with network. Determining who needs to be the contacts, must it be the Admin Team? The organization needs skilled and knowledgeable people (Public Relations?)

Meeting Minutes: Friday, Feb. 22, 2008

  • Present: Robert, Marshall, Valentina, Jori, Margo, John B., Kristina,
  • By Phone: John W
  • Observers: Jim, Abbey, Danielle, Todd, Jeff
  • Discussion
  • Responsibilities of board positions were reviewed; qualities and abilities for a prospective Board Member to possess were identified.
    • Self sufficient, ability to fund travel expenses anywhere around the world
    • Estimated time commitment: One meeting per month, 4 hours (prep time, meeting, 1 hour debriefing).
    • Ability & interest in being on various committees 1hr/wk total minimum 10/hour month
    • Orientation package
    • Minutes, by-laws, decision tables, Board Duties, Officers-Signatures
    • Willingness to learn NVC, express their life with NVC; willingness to participate in meeting with NVC
    • Access to email and phone and willing to use
    • Ability to speak and read English
    • Ability to committee to a 3 year term of office
    • Experience on board of large organization
    • Attended IIT or willingness to
    • Experience with media management expertise connections with global institutions
    • Flexibility of persons
    • A selection and orientation process for board member recruitment was developed.

Decision

  • CNVC is implementing a buddy system for Orientation of New Board Member
  • Robert, Valentina with Margo’s assistance will orientate new members
  • CNVC is implementing an Applicant Period of 3 meetings
  • Applicant period provides an opportunity for assessment of candidates’ qualifications, performance, and general suitability to successfully meet board requirements and provides the candidate the opportunity to determine whether the position meets their needs.
  • Discussion
  • Various categories of media available for us to develop and use were discussed and the need for a Media Coordinator. Knowledge, experience and skills necessary were identified.
    • International law knowledge
    • Non-profit experience
    • Willingness to learn, exposure to NVC
    • Knowledge of various types of media: Written, Broadcast, Publications, Interviews, Ipod, web casting,
    • Actions to protect to prevent alterations and effects of credibility
  • Action Item
  • Selection Committee for Media Coordinator will be established
    • Get information from lawyers regarding different areas of media and geographic promotion and copyright.
    • Media Coordinator vs. Public Relations (Explore: Can we get both in one person?)

Discussion Evolution Committee Status - Marshall Rosenberg

    • Letters have been sent out
    • A few candidates have responded and are asking "when can we restart this?"
    • Working on holding first meeting in Europe in July/August time period.
    • Marshall plans on committee holding teleconference meetings
  • Action Items
    • Marshall to propose topics/guidelines for Evolution Committee meetings
    • Scheduling of Evolution Committee Meetings

Discussion New Website - William

    • Drupal- content management system.
    • Contracting company- specifically work with system, support and keep alive.
    • Coordinate/interact with firm.
    • Stable platform, system will grow and sustain itself.
    • Do not launch until after Conference (March 3rd-March 6th) to make sure technical support is available.
    • Three aspects: Design of Website, Staffing Website, Look and Feel of Website.
    • System to have certain functions (i.e., comments, registration) replicating functions available now.
    • E-newsletter, providing current news (needs translators, editors, etc.) needing Web Content Manager/Editor/Coordinator
    • Need system to provide flow of information (Input-Transform/Editing/Translation-Output) with Policies limiting position
    • Multi-lingual translation
    • Prototype Website
    • Proposal from ITC*

Meeting Minutes: Friday, Feb. 22, 2008

  • Present: Robert, Marshall, Valentina, Jori, Margo, John B., Kristina, William
  • By Phone: John W and Stefen
  • Observers: Jim, Abbey, Danielle, Todd, Jeff
  • Discussion

Website Display Proposal

    • Four Key Messages: Powerful approach; Educational Org.; Get Involved; Inspire World Wide Social Changes
    • Has the ability to be constantly changing with current information
    • Suggestions: Quotes from Marshall’s book, more pictures
    • Determine “personality” of website
    • Forum, e-mail integration, create connections, comment moderation
    • John W: Agrees with William about why the ITC chose Drupal: its community building tools. That part is done. We've chosen and installed Drupal, and already spent a lot of money on making it even more powerful as a community tool. What we saw today were at least two fully functional Drupal installations that already have the content and capabilities of the present outdated cnvc.org website. Obviously they also have some vastly more powerful features completely ready to use. Either site could be redirected as our active cnvc.org within a few hours (typing in that address would take people to the new site). We have the choice to have William keep fine-tuning the site rather than help people gradually "move in" and help us refine it collaboratively with them. We could launch today with -all- of the new features turned off, and add them in any sequence and at any pace desired. The community could give feedback, and many would volunteer to help once they see the capabilities and how relatively easy they are to use. Appreciation for William's work, agree with his point that our new Drupal web software's focus is on collaboration and community. Suggest immediate limited launch, so we can gradually turn on features and evolve the interface and content in collaboration with NVC community using protections and controls already in place. Site is ready now. Delay now is like a new building where we're "arranging furniture" for a grand opening rather than moving people in room by room so they can help us set things up.
    • Marshall: Network needs to clarify what it wants to communicate and to whom.
    • Valentina: Does not want to rush the website, but does not want to hold off for too long.
    • Jori: The website is not static, and will be changed. Current website is not stable, and the new website will be able to handle more than 40 concurrent users.
  • Decisions:
    • Launch the new website by March 10th
    • Board approves the proposed audiences classification scheme with the addition of Certification Candidates to be include with the Certified Trainers category.
    • Media Coordinator will develop and add a media kit to the website
    • Board approves of Key Messages with the following revision to last message, to say (NVC inspires people to contribute to social change around the world.)
    • Allow ITC to implement the needed strategies for handling the website. For example:
    • Determine what is the next stage of the website
    • Drupal has ability for data management, Margo is working with staff to identify what information is needed and what type of format to meet our various needs.
    • Drupal allows creation of forms and pulling of reports as need without a lot of technical knowledge
    • Configuration management control board is needed to make sure there is a clear communication. Possibly being the Content Manager as well.
    • Place to put trainer reports, allowing collecting of information (key words)
    • Online surveys allowing the collection information from website
  • Request to Admin Team:
    • William requests to go to conference with developers allowing direct questioning, sense of co-workers in Boston from March 3rd to March 6th
  • Action Item:
    • Trip Approved
    • William to provide travel and registration information to Deanna, she will make arrangements
  • Statement of Intention
    • System to maintain flow of information
    • Timeline of March 10th launch
    • Needs criteria for evaluating/approval and rejection and policy of all articles
    • Beginning articles needed by Feb 29th for Launching
    • Articles from Marshall and another trainer
    • GCC to do an article
    • Translation of content (top 5 pages)
    • Article about John K (bio and picture)
    • Web Content Manager, editing team and coordinating support a being formed
  • Discussion

Saturday, Feb 23 Business Plan

    • Plan to encompasses;
    • What CNVC is providing
    • Where do we see CNVC in the next year/five years
    • Avenue and time line for evaluation progress
    • Identifying resources required to accomplish (staff, finances, equipment, knowledge, data, contacts)
    • NVC consciousness-comes grounded in our heart. Each board member expressed heart felt thoughts, aligning us with CNVC’s Vision, Mission and Aim. Group picture forming on CNVC’s purpose with strategies for being in the world.
  • Decision
  • For global empowerment, collaboration, and communication, the board requests the Communications Committee to explore a creation of the WIGO (What Is Going On) Project. The Committee's report should include a proposed position description, and responsibilities of a project manager to coordinate the initiative in service of our mission. The strategy will work with and feed into a central repository that will allow immediate ongoing overview of activities, needs, geography and topic areas.
  • Action Item:
  • Communications Committee, John W, Margo, Robert and Jori
    • Show and list the tools available to Marshall and the network
    • Marshall makes request for groups to share celebrations and mournings
    • Newsletter that is able to be translated and print locally
    • Few days after Newsletter is sent request in Yahoo Groups for updates and work in progress and letting them know that he cannot respond to individual responses. Make it clear that expect group responses are expected, not individual responses.
    • Communications Committee stay in contact with Marshall during the development of WIGO Project
    • Picture forming on WIGO Project
    • Daily communications
    • What avenues are used to do this
    • Website will help tremendously
    • Who needs to respond in a timely fashion,
    • Not clear about what avenues to use to communicate
    • Chapters and they are set up in their own places, they agree to follow certain policies
    • Trainers calling themselves NVC
    • Certifying groups calling themselves NVC
    • A way to hear what they are saying and a way to incorporate their decisions and cannot be like a membership elected board
    • A staff handling these groups
    • Pre-decision input
    • Post decision feedback
    • Feedback be in NVC language
    • Observations and requests
    • In general when needs no longer met
    • All verbal contracts with previous E.D. are not longer valid, and are up for renegotiation, and establishing a contract on a written based form
    • How to address the verbal agreements that may come up in the future?
    • Seek legal advice pertaining to verbal agreements
  • Decision
    • The board requests the Communication Committee to include in it's report a proposed Board Policy explaining what “partnership” means to the Board including pre-decision input from the NVC network, post decision feedback and communication between the CNVC and network. It will also recommend a policy statement addressing the lack of sustainability of any previous verbal agreements that may have been heard.
  • Discussion
  • Admin Team request board advisement concerning investing financial resources

Decision

    • The board recommends investing $400,000 into low risk, high yield, diverse, multi-currency, socially responsible investments. Additional funds should be invested in multi-currency, liquid instruments. Valentina, Robert and Margo are on this committee.

Closing: Danielle: Todd wanted her to say appreciation of open for observers. Excited about what happened this afternoon. Jeff: Interested in what is going on for NVC, first hand look at how decision are made Marshall: Very productive, especially with topics today

  • Margo: Energized, I have a clearer picture of what we are co-creating and feel a sense of alignment.
  • Jori: Appreciative of the meeting the needs and maintaining the relationship. Happy with cohesiveness and connections and moving forward meeting the needs of the organization
  • Robert: Happy with what we did today, adding clarity with the WIGO Project and Marshall's alignment, very happy
  • John B: Happy with spirit part, like to the energy we are leaving with today
  • Valentina: Relived and celebrating, appreciate Robert finding missing link of the need and helping have
  • clarity. Very happy, and the spiritual part was leading to the group in a way of tranquility and honestly, Looking forward to tomorrow
  • John W: Thanking John B. for facilitation of speakerphone "box" movement to help him participate. Glad that group stayed with last part and appreciates the clarity. Excited each morning. Appreciate all members, and acknowledge of observers. Feels their pain, and appreciates the people they represent. Represent thousands of other people

Sunday, February 24, 2008

  • Present: Robert, Marshall, Valentina, Jori, Margo, John B., Kristina,
  • By Phone: John W.
  • Observers: Abbey, Danielle, Todd, Jeff
  • Closed Meeting
  • Robert, Marshall, Valentina, Jori and Margo attended a closed meeting to discuss a matter in private.

Discussion Group discussion setting priorities with proposed timeline

  • Timeline - 1 year
  • Jan - Mar, 2008: Publish new website, hire office manager, Certification restarted? Marshall's Article/WIGOApr
  • Apr-Jun, 2008: Hire Grant Writer, Communication Committee Report, 3 New Board Members Added, Hiring Web Content Mngr., 2nd Staff Trainer hired, First expanded LT Forum, Timeline for WIGO Project
  • Jul - Sep, 2008: Hire Media Coordinator, Hire Public Relations person, Marshall/Valentina in Europe, First Evolution Committee Meeting, Assessor's Training in Europe, Completion of Working WIGO model
  • Oct - Dec, 2008: In person Board Meeting, Website upgrade per Network Input, Start Marshall's Media Initiative (Podcasts, interacting with other communities for NVC education),


  • Timeline - 5 years
  • 2009: Bring on Synergy Coordinator, Options for own building defined, Hire 3rd Staff Trainer
  • 2010: Building Lease ends (Mid-year), Start Certifying Organizations, First formal alliances with other Peace-making Organizations
  • 2011: Peace Center opens
  • 2012: CNVC on each populated continent/ de-centralized certification
  • Decision
    • The board has recommended Jori, Valentina and Margo as coordinating team to identify the needs (time, requests) and the people that will be in the selection process for hiring new positions.
  • Discussion
    • John Wiley announced he will resign his Board and Officer positions, effective April, 2008. He will be available after his resignation, and hopes to continue involvement and contributions to CNVC. John wishes to concentrate his time and energy on other things, especially since Anne’s recent near-death experience.
    • Feels that the organization is growing stronger and will continue to thrive without him.
    • Valentina: Respects John’s choices for leaving, grateful he is willing to stay giving the organization time to re-structure.
    • Robert: Would like to support John in his choices.
    • Jori: Appreciates the contributions John has made, values his perspective.
    • Margo: Thankful for opportunity to get to know and work with John, appreciate his contributions and honors his choices.

Close Out

  • Marshall: comfortable nothing to add
  • Valentina: Grateful and please with all that was done in these few days, feels incomplete because there was not time to review all action items, understands reasons for this. Excited about what was heart-stormed, mourn the coming absence of John W., honor decision, wish him wonderful abundance.
  • Robert: Thank for John B's facilitation, pleased with productive meeting, clarity of vision, the direction of business plan and looking forward to contributions of Communications Committee. Sad to be missing John W.'s contribution, pleased for his moving in directions more serving to him
  • Jori: Glad for everything gotten done, sense of continuity, remembering the visioning even to 2011, moving in directions to bring more fulfillment of what we are hoping for. Appreciating the contributions of everyone here. Glad for John B's facilitation, questions, options and creativity. Glad for John W. and whatever he is willing to contribute
  • John W: Appreciation of support, and appreciation for CNVC and the many contributions of NVC to his life personally, Thanks to John B for moving around the phone speaker unit so he could hear better. And: action item of voice recorder and better speakerphone to support CNVC's ability to move forward as a global organization. Able to see with more clarity the advantages and limits of teleconference vs. face-to-face.
  • Margo: Thrilled with what's been put together. Enjoying our use of NVC and keeping integrity in our actions with one another. I have deep appreciation for the support we have received through John B facilitation, and Kristina note taking.
  • Abby: appreciation for being present, the work that has been done
  • Kristina: Thanks for having me here. A fun work assignment! Looking forward to see CNVC grow.

ACTION ITEMS SUMMARY

  • Action Item
    • Margo to obtain SEP information and provide board with a proposal, to be voted next meeting.
  • Action Items
    • Margo to have someone investigate and purchase voice recorders and speaker phones for use at future meetings
    • (Admin Team/GCC) Complete development of translation policy.
    • Selection Committee for Media Coordinator
    • Get information from lawyers regarding different areas of media and geographic promotion and copyright.
    • Media Coordinator vs. Public Relations (Explore: Can we get both in one person?)
    • Marshall to propose topics/guidelines for Evolution Committee meetings
    • Scheduling of Evolution Committee Meetings - First meeting to take place in Europe in July/August time period.
  • Action Item
  • Communications Committee
    • Show and list the tools available to the Marshall and the network
    • Marshall sits in on next GCC call
    • Introducing Marshall and others in the network to the Yahoo Groups
    • Marshall makes request for groups to share celebrations and mournings (via newsletter or article?)
    • Centrally produced newsletter that is able to be translate and print locally
    • Few days after Newsletter is sent request in Yahoo Groups for updates and work in progress and letting them know that he cannot respond to individual responses. Make it clear that expect group responses are expected, not individual responses.
    • Communications Committee stay contact with Marshall during the development of WIGO Project
  • Next Meeting, March 12, 2008
  • Respectfully Submitted By:
  • Kristina and Margo

Append: (to be appended)

  • 2007 Balance Sheet
  • Profit & Loss Report
  • Web Content Strategy Recommendations

Proposed Agenda for January 2008 Board Meeting

Tuesday, January 15, starting at 21:00 GMT (2:00pm Albuquerque), teleconference
1.605.772-3100; code 825078#
Proposed agenda - please add any additional items:

(21:00) Check in

(21:10) Administrative matters

  • Announcements (All)
  • Next meeting: February 22-24, 2008, in-person in Albuquerque
  • Documents for meeting: Financial report (Margo), proposed changes to Board Duties and Decision Table
  • Acceptance of minutes of November 1-4 and December 12 meetings
  • Acceptance of today's agenda (should any other action items be added or order of items on agenda changed?)

Content

  • (21:20) Financial report (Margo)
  • (21:27 Update on Pierre issues (Valentina)
  • (21:35:15) Request to review and comment/consent to proposed changes in Decision Table and Board Duties documents by January 18 - per comments on draft letter to NVC Community (Robert)
  • Review status of priority action items from Nov 1-4 meeting
    1. (21:40) Action Item: Translation policy and GCC is a priority. Margo to schedule meeting regarding these two items.
    2. (21:48) Action Item: Admin Team is happy to assure an announcement is made to the network ASAP concerning the certification process re-opening soon; and Action Item: Robert - to be involved in development for assessors training and ongoing training for certified trainers. (Note: date of certification reopening needed for Robert's letter)
    3. (22:00) Action Item: Admin Team to establish hiring committee to hire a grant writer paid on percentage of award basis. Review decision in one year.
    4. (22:06) Action Item: Admin Team to hire Administrative Coordinator for support of grassroots fundraising and other administrative tasks in 2008. Review decision in one year.
  • Quick update on other priority items
    1. (22:11) Action Item: Admin Team to hire up to two in-house trainers on the education services team. Decision to be reviewed in one year.
    2. (22:15) Action Item: Admin Team to establish hiring committee to hire a Media Coordinator.
    3. (22:19) Action Item: Ann Wiley will consider taking on recruiting new Board Members; related Action Item: Valentina - to send list of possible board members to Margo.
    4. (22:23)Action Item: Have Expanded forum every 3 months attended by AT, LT coordinators, and a 2nd person nominated from each LT team (observers invited)(Admin Team)
  • (22:27) If time, comments on other action items:
    1. Action Item: Board establishes an Evolution Committee, Review decision in one year.
    2. Action Item: Admin Team (AT) to communicate the communication committee’s guidelines. What do we communicate – information (ask and/or tell), decisions (observations & needs met?), feedback requests How do we communicate it? Who do I communicate it to?
  • (22:30) Ideas for objectives and agenda items of February in-person meeting - heartstorm

(22:45)Check Out

(23:00)End Meeting

Proposed Agenda for December 2007 Board Meeting

December 12, starting at 19:00 GMT, teleconference
1.605.772-3100; code 825078#


(20:30 GMT)Check in

(20:40) Administrative matters

  • Announcements (All)
  • Next meeting: January 16, 2008, teleconference
  • Schedule of 2009 in-person Board meetings (Margo)
  • Documents for meeting: Financial report (Margo)
  • Acceptance of Nov 1-4 minutes
  • Acceptance of today's agenda (should any other action items be added or order of items on agenda changed?)

Content

  • (20:50) Margo financial report
  • Review status of action items from Nov 1-4 meeting
    1. (21:00) Action Item: Translation policy and GCC is a priority. Margo to schedule meeting regarding these two items.
    2. (21:04) Action Item: Admin Team is happy to assure an announcement is made to the network ASAP concerning the certification process re-opening soon.
    3. (21:08) Action Item: Robert - to be involved in development for assessors training and ongoing training for certified trainers.
    4. (21:12) Action Item: Ann Wiley will consider taking on recruiting new Board Members; related Action Item: Valentina - to send list of possible board members to Margo.
    5. (21:14) Action Item: Have LT coordinators meeting every month attended by AT and LT coordinators. (Admin Team)
    6. (21:18)Action Item: Have Expanded forum every 3 months attended by AT, LT coordinators, and a 2nd person nominated from each LT team (observers invited)(Admin Team)
    7. (21:22) Action Item: Admin Team to hire up to two in-house trainers on the education services team. Decision to be reviewed in one year.
    8. (21:26) Action Item: Admin Team to establish hiring committee to hire a grant writer paid on percentage of award basis. Review decision in one year.
    9. (21:30) Action Item: Admin Team to hire Administrative Coordinator for support of grassroots fundraising and other administrative tasks in 2008. Review decision in one year.
    10. (21:34) Action Item: Admin Team to establish hiring committee to hire a Media Coordinator.
    11. (21:38) Action Item: Board establishes an Evolution Committee, Review decision in one year.
    12. (21:42) Action Item: Admin Team (AT) to communicate the communication committee’s guidelines. What do we communicate – information (ask and/or tell), decisions (observations & needs met?), feedback requests How do we communicate it? Who do I communicate it to?
    13. (21:46) Action Item: Valentina - to send package of notes developed with Barbara Larson regarding synergy Ann.
  • (21:54) Consider any needed adjustments in priorities, resources, or guidance to the Admin Team.

(22:15) Check out

(22:30) End meeting

Minutes November 2007 Board Meeting

Thursday, November 1 (Executive session - not open to public)

  • 1:00pm Executive Session, to include selection of facilitator(s) for all sessions.

Friday, November 2 (open session)

  • 9:00am - Check-in (Observer Request):
Observers
Board
  • 9:15am - Acceptance of September Board meeting minutes, announcements, plans to visit new office space later in day, agenda additions/changes.
  • 9:25am - Leadership Team reports
   * Financial Report (Admin Team)
   * Report on Office (Admin Team)
   * Report on GCC (GCC team leaders)
   * Education Team report, including certification update (Educational Director)
   * Synergy Team report (Synergy team)
   * Report on IT infrastructure improvements (IT team)
   * Empathy groups (all)
  • 1:00pm - Strategic Plan/Evolution Plan, 2008 Budget Review (Admin team)
  • 4:00pm - Check-out
Observers
Board
  • 4:10pm - Leave to visit new office space

Saturday, November 3 (start 9:00am)

  • (Morning) Clarification of LT role and discussion with a view to resume LT meetings (Stefan)
  • (Morning) Communications Committee (Robert)
  • (Afternoon) Board member recruiting and retention discussion with goal to develop and implement (Margo)
  • (Afternoon) Election of board officers (all)
  • (Afternoon) LPL investment papers to sign by Board of Directors (Margo)
  • (Afternoon) Review and possible revision of decisions made during previous meetings

Sunday, November 3 (start 9:00am)

  • (Morning) Generative thinking (i.e., time to let visions and dreams roll)
     EXAMPLES OF POSSIBLE GENERATIVE TOPICS
     * For consideration: Program for NVC Excellence in analogy to Maryland Program for Mediator
       Excellence (John B)
     * Marshal Rosenberg Peace Center
     * What does networking mean? Synergy with other organizations doing social change.
  • (Morning) Review of action items
  • (Morning) Celebrations


Day 1 - Thursday, 11/01/07 Closed Session

In Attendance:

Board Members: John Wiley (President) , Valentina Rosenberg (Treasurer), Margo Pair (Interim Secretary), Robert Gonzales , Jori Manske, Marshall Rosenberg
Board Member Absent: Stephan
Observers: John Buck (Meeting Facilitator), Jim Manske, Anne Wiley, M.J. Wheeler (note taker)

Discussion

  • Robert requested clarity on intention of this closed session. After discussion it is determined the intention is to find mutual understanding, trust, and learning to avoid similar issues in the future.
  • John Buck read letter from Valentina to Board regarding various issues.
  • Discussion re: Pierre Piront possible legal issues, and filming of Marshall's works.
  • Comment by Marshall: Contributing to pain
1) Connections critical to be made and are not being made.
2) Some people have more than one role, some as part of the organization and some that are not.

Rosenberg’s as individuals and also CNVC, Manske’s with their own business and CNVC. Needs clear connections to avoid conflict of interest. Past conflict in network. Important to work out details ahead of time to avoid conflict and encourage connections. Contact is critical issue. Wants organization to come to some decision regarding communicating to achieve organizational clarity.

  • Margo: Appreciate comments. Emphasizes communication & contact is critical. Recognizes challenge for this organization in communication. Relevant stakeholders should all be involved in decision making process. How do they connect? Development of communication infrastructure is needed.

Action Item

Valentina shared informaion: The Law Office of Anne Mccoy, who is working directly with Marshall & Valentina Rosenberg regarding the Pierre issue, recommends continued communication between the Rosenberg’s and CNVC regarding the issue. The Law Office is unable to provide a legal opinion or risk assessment concerning CNVC exposure or advise whether or not to obtain separate counsel. Depending on the nature of interaction which has taken place between CNVC representative(s) and Pierre Pirpont CNVC may need to obtain an attorney separate from the Rosenburg’s to avoid a conflict of interest.

Decision

John Buck to facilitate remainder of Board Meeting.

Check Out

  • MJ: Interesting. Satisfying
  • John Wiley: Hoping for some healing. Move forward on logistical issues. How can we more effectively collaborate in the network?
  • Anne: Feels honored to be here. Appreciates what happened interpersonally. Happy because it models what we want. Positive start
  • Margo: Focusing on silence. Openness and non-judgment honored. Deeply held appreciation for openness and integrity of discussion.
  • Robert: Tired. Pleased here together. Heaviness & pain surrounding interpersonal issues. Pleased at willingness to communicate. Hopeful. Curiosity: What is it that disconnects people? Peaceful.
  • Valentina: Tired. Deeply touched with everyone’s presence. Celebrating taking responsibility for her own needs. Grateful for everyone being here.
  • Marshall: Deep respect for how much work Valentina put into issues discussed today.
  • Jori: Appreciating lightness and tenderness in the room. Sadness (?) Needs release of intensity of feelings. Mourning things done came back different from intentions. Established more clarity. Peace with feelings.
  • Jim: Gratitude to Marshall. Grateful to John Buck for facilitation and feedback. Grateful for clarity of Valentina in gathering information presented today and goal of clarity, connection, healing. Grateful to Robert for focus. Disheartened that we’re having to deal with disconnect some interpersonal disconnects. Scared about lack of information.
Ajourn 5:45pm

Day 2 – Friday 11/02/07

Present: Marshall, Valentina, Robert, Margo, Stephan, Jori, John Wiley
Observers: John Buck (Facilitator), Jim Manske, Abbey Wells, M.J. Wheeler (note taker)

Review September 25, 2007 . Approved.

Discussions & Reports

Margo: Admin. Team Report

  • Financial Statements reviewed.

Margo: Office Report

  • Provided an overview of personnel & office functions
  • Office is still operating out of a temporary space, with plans to be in new commerical facility by November 1st.

Leadership Team Reports

Jim: Global Community Circle (GCC) Report

  • Review vision, mission, and aims
  • Reviewed concerns and requests from groups in key locations
  • Review activities and action from groups in key locations

Action Items

  • Action item: Jori to investigate status of sect labeling review in French area
  • Action item: Jori to contact Dominique Barter regarding contact info to Marshall for trip to Portugal


William (LT): IT Infrastructure Report

  • Web site project update
  • Functions to add for users: online newspaper, multi-lingual site, forum & email integration on website
  • Developing new look & feel for new site for more professional image
  • Translation languages: Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, English, going in steps, will be translating the top dozen pages most accessed first then the rest as possible.
  • Work w/GCC to establish relationships with circles to plug in w/web administrator.
  • Tech side: tested, running smooth. Big issue with translation is performance. Cannot predict needs until up and running. May need to allocate budget for tech upgrades related to usability with translation. Critical with worldwide users for speed of loading
  • Integration for forum and email to help drive website forum content. Will help drive traffic to website and by extension bookstore, etc
  • William received feedback from current forums that they would be willing to utilize new forum
  • Develop theme and look & feel of website
  • Looking at tagging information 5 or 6 different categorized, can be tagged by category, geographically, users
  • Stephan: Re: online newspaper, consider initially restricting online newspaper content posting ability to only certified trainers in order to get that part of the site up and running sooner. Also, consider introducing new content and look & feel as it is ready, rather than waiting for the total website to be completely finished. Need a good balance between going live ASAP and other considerations:
  • 3 points:
    • Content & positioning updated
    • Look & feel
    • Focus on news function in efficient way
  • Margo: Wish to acknowledge the background work which has taken place, thank you William and those on the ITC. We all still have concerns with current site being outdated both in image & content giving the wrong impression to website visitors. Concerned about copyright and trademark issues being presented more prominently but in the spirit of NVC to give it the importance it needs. Needs someone with a NVC conciousness to assist in editing and writing content to support the work being done.
  • John Wiley: Appreciation to William regarding all his work.

Anne: Synergy Team

  • Anne’s Experience: Organized ideas received from members. Needs some kind of organizational plan. Suggests preparation of informational presentations for higher level and lower level pieces. Also how do we connect different entities work together. Needs more organizational structure before able to proceed with project. Need to know what we are presenting before we can proceed.
  • Marshall: Image is to connect our network with other networks with a similar mission.


Action item
Action item: Valentina to send package of notes developed with Barbara Larson regarding synergy Ann.

Education Team Report

  • Certification: The timeframe for certification renewal will be extended for an extra 2 months this year due to changes in certification process.
  • Certification will be open soon.
  • Rita and Marshall have worked together developing instructions and guidelines including social change considerations for assesors to reflect changes in certification program. Once completed an announcement re-opening certification will be made.
  • Re: Germany, Isolde will work as assessor with a team using same criteria that all assossors use. New criteria will be translated and forwarded on to Isolde. Isolde would like to certify 20 people who are ready. Feels excited and ready to go.
  • Rita is a major part of training for existing trainers.
  • Margo: There have been several meetings with Rita identifying areas where trainers and assessors could use support.

Action Item:
Action Item: Admin Team will assure an announcement is made to the network ASAP concerning the certification process re-opening soon.

  • Valentina: Currently amending materials to define and expand on the term social change to make it clear what activities constitute social change. Verification of social change activities will be through review of information in annual trainers report. Include guidance for assessors in this process.

Existing trainers should review new criteria and see if what they’ve already done will fit new criteria include it in renewal report for this year. If not, they can describe plans for such activities in the coming year.

  • Robert: Would like to be involved in development for assessors training and ongoing training for certified trainers.
  • Valentina: CNVC will be giving priority to 1st time participants in IIT training before allowing previous participants to attend. We are currently developing in-house procedures to support the intention.

Action Item:

  • Action item: Jori will update Valentina on suspended trainer status from prior year.
  • Margo: Grateful for the ongoing support of current assessors. Also we need new assessors. Open up certification again to include social change requirement. In notification, clarify why certification was put on hold – CNVC’s concern about validity.

Board Member Recruiting and Retention

Decision:'Our need for the following type qualifications and expertise in prospective Board Members.

  • Finances (budgeting, investing)
  • Legal environment – International
  • Experience running international non-profits – provide synergy with other boards
  • Fund raising
  • Social Change
  • Media and Public Relations
  • Connections with international NGOs
  • Marketing
  • Technology
  • Artist/writer

Action Items

  • Action Item: Approach Ann Wiley regarding taking on recruiting new Board Members (Ann take into consideration.)
  • Action Item: Valentina to send list of possible board members to Margo

Strategic Plan

John Buck: Review Strategic Initiative matrix and projected budget 2008.
Recommend moving forward for 2008 on:

  • Continue current income-generating activities
  • Certification
  • In-house trainers
  • Fundraising
  • Media
  • Regional Offices/local organization (GCC)

In-house training:

  • Valentina: She and Marshall are working to hire in-house trainers sooner than mid-2008, probably producing income beginning March 2008
  • Stephan: Instead of an on staff in-house trainers and incurring an ongoing expense possibly define a short-list of existing trainers to take on those trainings that Marshall will not do and pay the trainer a fee.
  • Marshall: Wants a clear-cut division between outside and inside trainers.
  • John Buck: Value to having in-house trainer is building staff for ongoing operations.
  • Valentina: Also note already have booking requests for in-house trainers for 2009
  • John Buck: There may be an issue bringing on staff an existing in-house trainer who already has a practice.
  • Margo: The Admin.Team with assitance from Barbara Larson has developed a draft contact to hire trainers that are a good fit for the type of request we have received.

Decision

Board supports the concept of adding in-house trainers to the education services team for two trainers. Decision to be reviewed in one year.

Fundraising:

  • Jori: Grant writers often fund their own positions and take a percentage of the award.
  • Robert: TechSoup recently put out a training for fundraising for non-profits
  • Stephen: Build up grant fundraising expertise and then share it across the network. Grassroots can be handled through circle with local Admin support.


Decision

  • Hire a grant writer paid on percentage of award basis. Review decision in one year.

Decision

  • Hire Administrative Coordinator for support of grassroots fundraising and other administrative tasks in 2008. Review decision in one year.

Day 3 – Saturday 11/03/07

Present: Marshall, Valentina, Robert, Margo, Stephan, Jori, John Wiley Observers: John Buck (Facilitator), Jim Manske, Abbey Wells, M.J. Wheeler (note taker), Anne Wiley, Danielle

Discussion

Letter from MBR

In response to a Board request Marshall has written a letter for an evolution plan and evolution plan committee: November 3, 2007. The goal of this Board topic and Marshall's letter below, is to clarify our goal of planning for any changes that might occur in Marshall's role and is not any change being planned. So this will help us to prepare the groundwork in case a change ever is needed.

Dear Board Members and CNVC Community,

I am writing in response to the suggestion that we prepare for how the role I have been playing in our organization will be succeeded when I will no longer be with the organization.

First, I hope that it is clear to all that I have been addressing the question of my evolution from the time I became aware of the power of the process we call Nonviolent Communication. I wanted to be sure that its availability was not dependent on me. Mainly for this reason I created our organization and have been preparing trainers. I believe these efforts have been successful and I can see that the organization can presently survive and sustain itself extremely well without me.

At the same time, I would like us to look at how whatever I am adding of value at present that has not yet been built into the organization be built into it. I can see that one element of this would be for me to have key people spending more time with me when I am on strategically important trips or engaged in other strategically important work. Of course, an important issue is who these people might be. I am thrilled that one of these people is my wife, Valentina Rosenberg. Not only has she been traveling with me and understanding the complexity and problems of our network, but the way I see her living her life in harmony with the consciousness that Nonviolent Communication was created to serve, leaves me feeling very confident in her being part of the team to sustain the process.

I suggest the following. I suggest a committee be formed with the purpose of insuring that whatever I have been offering the organization be left within the organization when I leave. Notice I haven’t put this in terms of who will succeed me. I can imagine that the position I have been fulfilling might no longer be necessary or could be done by breaking it up into parts that different people could play, etc. To repeat I am suggesting that the committee’s task would be to assure that I am leaving the organization with that which would be of value to the organization.

The membership of this committee would be very important to me and I would like to select them. My choice would be the following: Valentina Rosenberg, John Kinyon, Barbara Larson, Robert Gonzales, Margo Pair, Klaus Karstadt, Katherine Singer, Andy Basu, and Lucy Leu. Ican imagine this committee meeting with me periodically, perhaps twice a year for the next three years.

I would appreciate your feedback to my suggestion for a committee to determine evolution issues. If you are in harmony with the suggestion, I would also appreciate your feedback about my suggested membership on the committee.

Warmly,

Marshall Rosenberg

Decision

In response to the Board’s request, the Board establishes an Evolution Committee. Per the attached letter, prepared by Marshall Rosenberg for the purpose of insuring the qualities Marshall provides the organization be left within the organization when he leaves. The Evolution Committee will make suggestions and recommendations to the Board. The Evolution Commitee and will provide a report after each meeting to the Board. Proposed committee members would be Marshall Rosenberg, Valentina Rosenberg, John Kinyon, Barbara Larson, Margo Pair, Klaus Karstadt, Katherine Singer, Andy Basu, Lucy Leu, and Robert Gonzales. Committee members proposed term will be three years. Details of operations and funding of the committee to be determined at a future time.


Leadership Team (LT) role clarification and discussion

  • Stephan: Was initiated to create connection at the core and allow for intelligent management but is not happening. Explore as a strategy for connection and inclusion. Continue with notion of LT or not?
  • Margo: Wanting communication and mutual creativity
  • Valentina: Wants to find a way for LT meetings to be productive.
  • Robert: 3 questions: Continue with LT or not? Reestablish team meetings. How to make them productive?
  • Jori: Proposal – Meet but not to do the admin stuff but to report and talk about what is alive in the projects we’re doing and get feedback and coordination.

Specify who meets. Routine exchanges heads of committees. Circle meetings w/reps from committees.

  • John Wiley: Philosophical choice: Eliminate Admin Team (AT) and go with LT only? King vs. circle?
  • Margo: Define and discuss how circle’s work within each individual circle.
  • Robert: How are decisions made in circles and how are those decisions to communicate?
  • Jim: Like to find a way to report briefly and clearly.
  • Jori: How to measure the feedback and be very clear about what needs feedback. Also welcome open door for feedback.
  • Stephan: Key distinction around accountability and function. Accountability: small group of full time people who are accountable about overall progress and success. Concerned its now too distributed. Define frequency of communication.
  • John Wiley: Collaborative structure could really address issues. But can it be done? If we can get it to work it would serve our mission.
  • John B: “King” has plus & minus. Advantage is a center point for communicate. Negative ignore people and not taking into account needs. Need to have the AT position so that someone has an overall view of what is happening.
  • Marshall: would be scared about going in the direction of no leadership
  • Robert: Leadership, Damaging labels (king), What is missing is communication. Enlightened leadership has a big heart and gives a high value to communication and consideration of needs of everyone. Is the structure a channel for life?
  • Stephan: Like us to stay away from the abstract, unhelpful. Talk about our needs and stakeholders needs. Any strategy should link back to that.

Discussion tabled until after Communication Committee presents.

Communications Committee Report

  • Robert: Original strategy to create a specific role, internal communications coordinator. Ombudsman. Role to support greater communication flow. Greater problem identified as not having clarity about all of the circles and communications flow. Need to create a structure to enhance communication flow.
  • One strategy: Orientation package as part of clear communication for anyone involved in any circle or any new board member.
  • Jori: The committee saw a primary need as strategic collaborative plan with functioning circular system.
  • Margo: Encompassing simplicity, ease and ability to duplicate.
  • Marshall: We need to be able to measure where we are not communicating.
  • John Wiley: Look at it systemically in a distributive collaborative model, rather than have one person only responsible make it collaborative within the circle. Need documented strategy and guidelines.
  • Marshall: Coordinator’s role would be to facilitate that.
  • John Wiley: Not investing enough in expanding and clarifying roles and documenting that information.

Identified Needs:

  • Effectiveness
  • Clarity
  • Sense of collaboration
  • Accountability

Decision

All meetings must document in their minutes the following questions which have been asked at the end of the meeting.

1.What do we communicate – information (ask and/or tell), decisions (observations & needs met?), feedback requests
2.How do we communicate it?
3.Who do I communicate it to?

Admin Team (AT) to communicate this decision to all coordinators live conversation.
Communications Committee to evaluate this decision in 2 months and report to the Board


Continuation of Leadership Team (LT) discussion:

  • John B: Two types of meetings:
  • Staff meetings (AT & heads of circles) and coordinating/collaborating meetings to communicate policy, make decisions, etc.
  • Circle meetings that step back to look at how we are operating, make policy recommendations on how to work together better.
  • John Wiley: Look at no AT as decision maker/central contact point but rather LT and possibly facilitator role?
  • Questions: Are we going to have an LT staff meeting? Are we going to have an LT circle meeting?
  • Coordinator’s Forum meets at least once a month, coordinator’s of circles must attend, others may be nvited
  • Occasional (Town Hall) meetings in lieu of forum to include both coordinator’s and upward links.
  • “Expanded LT Meeting” instead of “Town Hall”.


Decision

1.Have LT forum every month attended by AT and LT coordinators.
2.Have Expanded LT forum every 3 months attended by AT, LT coordinators, and a 2nd person nominated from each LT team.

Margo to set forum schedule and communicate schedule to circles and teams.
Review this decision in 6 months.

Election of Board Officers - President, Vice-President, Secretary

Terms for one year


Decision

President – Robert Gonzales

Decision

Vice-President – John Wiley

Decision

Secretary - Margo Pair

Decision

Board approves hiring of a full charge bookkeeper, salary plus benefits.

Misc. Discussion Topics

Margo: Clarification of budget item for expenses to Board members to attend board meetings. Policy establishes annual funds in support of in-person Board meeting is still in effect.

Discussion

Update CNVC Policy regarding frequency and means of Board Meetings.

Decision

Paragraph 1.F.3. of CNVC Board Policy is amended to say: ”The CNVC Board will meet at least every three months, ideally every month, by teleconference or other means as deemed appropriate. CNVC encourages in-person Board Meetings to support connection and quality of decision-making, frequency and duration of such meetings to be determined by the Board as considered appropriate in a given year.

Discussion

Margo: Review and revision of bylaws and policies of CNVC Board is needed. Were last updated in 2003. Also, an updated ethics and conflict of interest policy should be adopted by the Board would be helpful to this organization and the network. Transparency makes sure Board has all information to make recommendations and informed decisions as needed.

Decision

Margo to form a committee to review and recommend updates and revisions to the CNVC bylaws and Board policies. To be presented at next in-person Board meeting. Effort to include Ethics Policy and Conflict of Interest Policy.

Action item: Distrubute proposed amended bylaws and policies of CNVC to each Board member for review and comment at next in-person meeting.

Discussion

Margo: Board policy requiring CNVC to keep a minimum of six months operating expense saved as assets liquid. Currently we are easily conforming to those policies.

Concerned with need to reinvest matured CDs. Also need to update name on account as well as designate who can give instructions regarding investments.

Action Item: Remove Gary Baran from existing accounts and reinvest funds as deemed appropriate by Treasurer. Establish accounts by Board position rather than an individual name.

Discussion


Action Item: Margo to form a committee (Board members and others) to assist in the development of New Board Member Recruitment and Orientation package.

Check-out

Margo: Thrilled, encouraged by the way things flowed today
Marshall: Relief.
Valentina: Hopeful. Relief. Gratitude
Robert: Relief. Relaxation into alignment between all of us. Celebrating clarity. Scared about time commitment. Excitement. Hope. Inspiration.
Jim: Tired. Pleasantly surprised. Encouraged.
Jori: Exhausted.
Stephan: Thrilled by progress we’ve made.
Danielle: Excited
M.J.: Excited.
John B: Tired. Worried about time restrictions for rest of meeting.
John & Anne Wiley sang the song "It's You I Like" © 1971 Fred M. Rogers

Day 4 - Sunday 11/04/07

Present: Marshall, Valentina, Robert, Margo, Stephan, Jori, John Wiley
Observers: John Buck (Facilitator), Jim Manske, Abbey Wells, M.J. Wheeler (note taker), Anne Wiley, William, Danielle

  • Scheduled Board meetings during 2008 are
  • February 22nd to 24th
  • November 14th to 16th

Action Item: Margo add “Schedule of 2009 Board meetings to agenda of next Board teleconference meeting.

Discussions

Robert read draft letter he proposes to send to communicate message to CNVC community to offer quick summary of highlights from meeting. Address communication structure and continuing evolutionary process.

Action Item: Robert to email draft letter to Board Members for review and discussion.

Discussion

  • Review, discuss, and modify 2008 draft budget.
  • Figures are estimated based on this year figures along with known or estimated changes for next year.
  • Marshall is looking forward to CNVC identifing enhancements to income stream which might include ways to increase donations through CNVC events in local communities with GCC. Income estimates unknown at this time.

Decision

  • Board consents to draft budget.

Discussion

Reviewed material on the Maryland Program for Mediator Excellence (MPME) presented by John Buck to give Board an example of “generative thinking” – that is, exploring new ideas and perspectives. CNVC might want to adoptan approach similar to the MPME for promoting excellence among NVC practioners, whether or not certified. John recommended more time for generative thinking in future Board meetings.

Discussion

  • Need for a Media Coordinator
  • Robert, define strategies to develop media priorities
  • Valentina and Deanna have summarize media successes with opportunities that are already being considered in the future with Valentina and Marshall.
  • John Wiley, we need to define, research, and begin search for media coordinator immediately.
  • Margo, estimate budget item to support positon until addtional research is done.

Decision

Agreed to hiring a Media Coordinator to the 2008 budget.

Check out

Stephan, thrilled, energy regarding possibilities, excitement.
John Wiley, peaceful, calm, serene.
John B, sadness, enjoyed assisting with process,
Abbey, eager to contribute, overwhelmed
M.J., thankful,
Anne, happy, growth and inspiration
Marshall, grateful to John B.,
Valentina, happy, delighted with progress, grateful,
Robert, excitement, fear and concern, mobilized where to focus passionate energy and needs for connection to family, sense of trust lets fear relax, gratitude, feeling you get right before you jump on a roller coaster
Jim, gratitude, uneasiness about what’s left unfinished,
Jori, gratitude, anxiety
Danielle, glad
William, good, enjoyed connections, happy to be a part of this
Margo, clear, excited,

Action Item Summery

  • Action Item: Margo will coordinate review of these minutes.When they are posted on the wiki, there will be an announcement on trainers and friends lists.
  • Action Item: Jori will share with Margo the means she’s developed for easy tracking of completion of action items
  • Action Item: John B will submit to Vice president and Secretary a list of decisions to review and items from the flip charts that could be on future Board agendas.
  • Action Item: Margo will breakdown budget items by month and prepare monthly Progress Against Budget reports for each Board meeting.
  • Action Item: Jori will forward to Robert a suggested statement regarding welcoming ideas from network to Board & AT for possible inclusion in his letter.
  • Action Item: Translation policy and GCC is a priority. Margo to schedule meeting regarding these two items
  • Action Item: Jori - to investigate status of sect labeling review in French area
  • Action Item: Jori - to contact Dominique Barter regarding contact info to Marshall for trip to Portugal
  • Action Item: Valentina - to send package of notes developed with Barbara Larson regarding synergy Ann.
  • Action Item: Admin Team is happy to assure an announcement is made to the network ASAP concerning the certification process re-opening soon
  • Action Item: Robert - to be involved in development for assessors training and ongoing training for certified trainers.
  • Action Item: Jori -will update Valentina on suspended trainer status from prior year.
  • Action Item: Ann Wiley will consider taking on recruiting new Board Members
  • Action Item: Valentina - to send list of possible board members to Margo.
  • Action Item: Admin. Team to hire or contract with up to two in-house trainers on the education services team, approved within.
  • Action Item: Admin Team to establish hiring committee to hire a grant writer paid on percentage of award basis, approved within budget. Review decision in one year.
  • Action Item: Admin Team to hire Administrative Coordinator for support of grassroots fundraising and other administrative tasks in 2008, approved within budget. Review decision in one year.
  • Action Item: Board establishes an Evolution Committee, as noted in Marshall's letter to the board, November 3, 2007.
  • Action Item: Admin Team (AT) to communicate the communication committee’s guidelines.
    • What do we communicate – information (ask and/or tell), decisions (observations & needs met?), feedback requests
    • How do we communicate it?
    • Who do I communicate it to?
  • Action Item: Have LT forum every month attended by AT and LT coordinators.
  • Action Item: Have Expanded LT forum every 3 months attended by AT, LT coordinators, and a 2nd person nominated from each LT team
  • Action Item: Margo - to set forum schedule and communicate schedule to circles and teams. Review this decision in 6 months.
  • Action Item: Margo - to form a committee to review and recommend updates and revisions to the CNVC bylaws and Board policies. To be presented at next in-person Board meeting. Effort to include Ethics Policy and Conflict of Interest Policy.
  • Action Item: Margo - Distribute proposed amended bylaws and policies of CNVC to each Board member for review and comment at next in-person meeting.
  • Action Item: Margo - Remove Gary Baran from existing accounts and reinvest funds as deemed appropriate by Treasurer. Establish accounts by Board position rather than an individual name.
  • Action Item: Margo - to form a committee (Board members and others) to assist in the development of New Board Member Recruitment and Orientation package
  • Action Item: Margo - add “Schedule of 2009 Board meetings to agenda of next Board teleconference meeting.
  • Action Item: Robert - will draft letter he proposes to send to CNVC community offering highlights from meeting. Address communication structure and continuing evolutionary process. Email draft to Board members for review and discussion.
  • Action Item: Valentina – will work with Deanna to summarize media successes and opportunities that are already being considered.
  • Action Item: Admin Team to establish hiring committee to hire a Media Coordinator.

Board Agenda & Minutes - 09/25/07

Board Agenda & Minutes - 08/15/07

Board Agenda & Minutes - 07/11/07

Board Agenda & Minutes - 06/13/07

Board Agenda & Minutes - 05/23/07

Board Agenda & Minutes - 04/13/07

Board Minutes - 03/14/07

Minutes - Board & LT Conference, February 24, 2007

Agenda - February Board/LT Conference (Albuquerque)

Board Agenda - January 10 Meeting

Board Minutes - December 2006 Meeting

Board Agenda - December 2006 Meeting

  Jim and Jori's Report as Coordinators of the GCC

  John Wiley's Initial Report on "E.D." Role Analysis

Marshall's Statement to the NVC network

Minutes October 21-25 CNVC GCC/Board Conference (N.Carolina)

Note: A major decision at this meeting was redefining LT, Board and GCC.

Older Documents - GCC Before LT Creation